All Saints Forums

Seven Network (ended 2009)

Discussion for 11.07 'Little Decisions'

scarlettslegacy

[1]Mar 25, 2008
    • level: 12

Liked the storyline with the husband and wife. Liked the ending with the MIL and SIL forgiving each other. Intereesting conclusion with the meningitis that reminded me there was a time AS routinely dealt with obscure diseases rather than the staff''s personal problems.

Thought Dan's attitude towards Ricki was too easily concluded. They're not even living together and he's decided he wants to marry her?

Thought Bart was an absolute selfish prick OK, yeah, Annie was selfish to ask him to help her die (like a pin through your IV isn't hard) but to ignore her in her dying days? First he demands she take the treatment so he can have more time with her, then he avoids her and makes it about himself when she declines the treatment. Is he so self-absorbed that he can't see he'll regret neglecting those dying days? Those are the actions of a child, not an adult.

Found Zoe's actions kind of intriguing. The way Frank's been acting lately, I can't blame the staff for being resentful. I've had bosses with demanded a lot and gave little in regard for compliments or personal difficulties, and Frank seems right up there. Gabrielle, of all people, seems to be the most obvious source of resentment, so why is she sticking by Frank? There are brilliant people in their field but there are also crapshoot bosses and nist people seek to get rid of them before the brilliabnt people.

Apart from the husband and wife story, I found myself questioning why for a lot of things. I questioned why Bart and Annie were who they were, I questioned why Dan would suddenly decide to ask Ricki to marry him, I questioned why so many people would be loyal to a boss who was so dismissive.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

EmmaK1991

[2]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 2
    I think that your wrong about Dan and Ricki.I think Dan has really fallen for Ricki and she feels the same. They have known each other for a very long time and have helped each other through soo much Eg AJ's and Sean's death , HEP C and the season final 07.I can't wait for the next episode !

vicious_minx

[3]Mar 31, 2008
    • level: 3
    scarlettslegacy wrote:

Liked the storyline with the husband and wife. Liked the ending with the MIL and SIL forgiving each other. Intereesting conclusion with the meningitis that reminded me there was a time AS routinely dealt with obscure diseases rather than the staff''s personal problems.

Thought Dan's attitude towards Ricki was too easily concluded. They're not even living together and he's decided he wants to marry her?

Thought Bart was an absolute selfish prick OK, yeah, Annie was selfish to ask him to help her die (like a pin through your IV isn't hard) but to ignore her in her dying days? First he demands she take the treatment so he can have more time with her, then he avoids her and makes it about himself when she declines the treatment. Is he so self-absorbed that he can't see he'll regret neglecting those dying days? Those are the actions of a child, not an adult.

Found Zoe's actions kind of intriguing. The way Frank's been acting lately, I can't blame the staff for being resentful. I've had bosses with demanded a lot and gave little in regard for compliments or personal difficulties, and Frank seems right up there. Gabrielle, of all people, seems to be the most obvious source of resentment, so why is she sticking by Frank? There are brilliant people in their field but there are also crapshoot bosses and nist people seek to get rid of them before the brilliabnt people.

Apart from the husband and wife story, I found myself questioning why for a lot of things. I questioned why Bart and Annie were who they were, I questioned why Dan would suddenly decide to ask Ricki to marry him, I questioned why so many people would be loyal to a boss who was so dismissive.

Firstly, I think that was Dan just getting caught up in the moment and taking things a little too literally and rushing into things. It does seem a little strange that he considered asking her as to the best of my knowledge Dan and Jack were still living together.

Scarlett, please, let's just skip over the trainwreck that is the dynamic duo. For the past ten episodes they have managed to drag decent, likable episodes into annoying disasters. They are given far too much screen time which is wasted on the likes of them.

Actually starting to like Zoe now that she is a snake in the grass. Though I have a few trepidations. Zoe raised some interesting questions such as the current doctors would not respect her. Charlotte wouldn't, Steve wouldn't, Jack would probably feel obliged to side with Charlotte, Boy Wonder, assuming if he is even practicising medicine, didn't seem fond of her either. She was also told she could choose her own team. What a whole new batch of ED doctors? I think they need to address this issue realistically. I really hope the writers go with this as it is an excellent piece of character development and will have finally given Zoe some direction, whilst also expanding on her harsh and cruel demenour.

Frank. If he was my boss, yes an arrogant, pig headed b*stard of a man that shouted constantly, I still probably would respect him and remain loyal to him if it came to the crunch and the alternative like Zoe wasn't better. He genuinely cares for patients and wants what is best for them, yes that may mean he is brutish, but sometimes it those people that make things happen. Though it wouldn't kill him to dish out praise/compliments once in a while to others other than Bart. He has a gruff exterior though deep down he does value his staff, he just isn't apt at communicating his emotions. Though having said that I can see perfectly why people might not support Frank. He is biased, he is uneccessarily rude and abrasive and is quite demanding and isn't big on dishing out respect yet he expects plenty in return. I can empathise with Zoe.

Storyline wise, I did enjoy MIL/SIL one. Interesting and a little suspense/mystery. All in all, apart from the dynamicduo, a very solidepisode that will hopefully build up to better things

scarlettslegacy

[4]Apr 1, 2008
    I like Zoe more when she pulling the hard line as the boss, if it makes any sense, she seems more approachable when it's just about her being the boss and not trying to be pally with subordinates. In regards to other doctors not being loyal to Zoe, I think you overestimate the loyalty they have to Frank. I don't think it's so much a case of them being loyal to Zoe as opposed to a lot of resenment having built up against Frank so they're less inclined to fight for them. At least, that's how I imagine it would happen in RL.

Charlotte and Bart would definitely side with Frank. Actually someone I hope they address is Frank's favoritism of Bart when Zoe takes over. I imagine there's a lot of resentment over that - he is critical and demanding of others, but overlooks Bart's complete lack of professionalism because 'he's going through a rough time'. Funny how Bart always manage to find himself going through a rough time.

I can see Jack being disappointed about Frank leaving but he has a good professional rellationship with Zoe, I can't see him having issues with Zoe being HoD. But I can see TPTB creating a mess where they pull Jack between his professional loyalty to Zoe and personal loyalty to Charlotte, and I don't think that will go well.

I don't see that Steve would care. I've never got the feeling he cared either way about Frank, he was just the boss. If anything, the fact Zoe doesn't know about his alcoholism (I assume, at least) would be a positive to Steve.

Oh, and how about BAAW for Bart and Annie Wreck. As in, they're a completely bore?

vicious_minx

[5]Apr 2, 2008
    • level: 3
    Maybe I am overestimating Frank's loyalty, though after seeing Zoe being so critical of Steve and how she said she didn't trust him, well I really can't see him going in to fight for her. At least Frank, begrudgingly, gave him a go. Scarlett, I really got the impression that Zoe knew about his alcohol abuse because she was really catty towards him a few episodes ago.

Charlotte, I really hope will side with Frank, though he was a b*stard with the 2IC position and Charlotte has been very vocal about her disdain of Bart and favouritism lack of professionalism. Maybe she could go against the odds and side with Zoe. I hope not, and I think it unlikely, though you never know.

Though what is interesting is that Gaby now looks to be on Zoe's side, she she might actually help sway others and she is universally liked. Maybe Zoe will get Gaby to do her bidding for her.

Yeah, Jack will be torn, but I think he'll side with Zoe. I really hope they capture all the tension between everyone and make sure all the friendships and loyalties surface and play a significant part.

scarlettslegacy

[6]Apr 4, 2008
    As far as Zoe knowing or not knowing about Steve's alcoholism goes, I'm thinking of an episode a few weeks ago when Gabby things Steve is too involved with a patient and wants Frank to intervene, and when Frank tells her to go to Zoe, she says she doesn't want Zoe to know, or maybe it was she didn't want Zoe to get involved. Either way, I got the impression Zoe didn't know the whole story about Steve.

KittyVogt

[7]Apr 7, 2008
    • level: 2

I dont think it's ever been established as to whether Zoe knows about Steve's alcoholism. A few episodes ago he did ask her what problem she had with him, and commented that he felt like he was still on probation. However, that is probably just because he left, and then came back. I think Steve would struggle with Zoe as his boss, because only a few weeks ago they were fighting, a lot, about the guy who had the stroke and the homeless man. So either, he hates her, or he loves her so much they start fighting. And ill bet its the first one of course. So, I dont think Steve would like it very much if she got to boss him around even more. And actually, I think thats why Gabi didnt want Steve involved, because she had seen Steve and Zoe fighting like cats and dogs, and knew if she was involved, thatd only cause more problems.