All Saints Forums

Seven Network (ended 2009)

Discussion for Episode 11.03 'Comfort Zone'

scarlettslegacy

[1]Feb 26, 2008
    • level: 12

Again, too much of the Bart/Annie crap. I found her actions to be quite selfish, shutting Bart out like that. She had pursued him, he had fallen in love with her, I don't think she has the right to push him away at this point.

Thankfully, though, it looks like she's going to die. Bone cancer's a nasty one even as primary cancer, for secondary it's almost 100% fatal. Thank bloody God. I have never felt such desire for a character to be gone, even if it means them dying. And maybe now they'll focus on someone else... anyone else.... seriously, I'd take a storylike about Zoe at this point

I liked the moments between Dan and Ricki - I like how they have throwaway coupley moments without teh storyline having anything to do with them as a couple - they used to do it with Bron and Ben all the time and I thought it was a lovely way to portray them being together without using up chunks of storyline on them.

The storyline with the homeless guy was interesting. I didn't get why Steve was backchatting Zoe. She's his boss, even if he disagrees with her decisions, he should respect that, and if he'd backchat Frank the same like he said, I don't know why he'd still be working there.

Nice throwaway bit about Zoe feeling left out that Frank had chosen Charlotte to help him; maybe she understands how left out Charlotte's been feeling all this time? Zoe actually seemed reasonably human this episode. I wonder where they're going with Frank - he can't keep behaving the way he is. I ready that Oliver offers to help Zoe maneuver herself into Frank's job, that's an interesting potential storyline, although I don't know how they can do it and still have Zoe hold ont othe loyalty they're trying to portray her as haing.

The storyline was Von and Nick was really interesting, although I wish they'd given us a bit more on that (again, too much wasted on the train wreck that is the Bart'n'Annie show) but I'm looking forward to seeing that developed.

Overall, much better than last week, although still too much B/A.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Alyria_Bella

[2]Feb 26, 2008
    • level: 2

I Agree Bart and Annie are really starting to bug and the way she acts like this is only gonna effect her (and yeah i get she has cancer so shes gonna be upset) and the way she keeps pushing Bart away every time he tries to help her gets to me

The sence were they found out that the cancer had spread and bart went off and just vented everything he was feeling was a really good moment because i have never been able to relate to Bart but this made the character seem more real

I also loved how they were just showing little things about Dan and Erica i think thats good looking at the little details instead of just the big storylines

scarlettslegacy

[3]Feb 27, 2008
    • level: 12
    Actually, because I've always had a hard time buying Bart and Annie, I didn't have a lot of sympathy for him. There was a comment someone made about one of last year's eps, that they come across like primary schoolers who are going to get married behind the monkey bars. For me, they've always seemed like two children who are too self-absorbed to think beyond satiating their desires. If they had such a connection, why not wait until she was definitely free of the cancer? If he loved her, why not just accept the consequences of his unethical behavior as a hurdle to love? Instead, he - and ofetn Annie - act like because they're 'in love', they don't have to think rationally or be accountable to their actions, and because of THAT, Bart's reactions now come across like a child who's favorite toy has been taken away, not a man who's partner is dying.

Basically, he claims to be a man in love, but if he had the maturity of a man, he would have thought things through and accepted the consequences of his actions. Because he often comes across like a child,I can't take him seriously at this poinbt.