All Saints Forums

Seven Network (ended 2009)

Virginia on It Takes Two

scarlettslegacy

[1]Jan 17, 2008
    • level: 12
    Virginia Gay is confirmed to be on the next season of It Takes Two. Have mixed feelings about that - I think it could be good for her career and maybe give her a higher profile and more leverage on the show, but it seems a bit tacky to have her on the season after Jolene Anderson. I think it will be hard to live up to Anderson's performance.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

scarlettslegacy

[2]Jan 30, 2008
    Ok Virginia Gay looks def to go on ITT - there was a lame ad where she's bopping along to a heart machine and then it's all her in an evening gown on ITT so it looks like unless she kneels over (no pun intended) she's on the show.

It starts next Tues. Still, I have mixed feelings. I think they're trying to cash in on Jolene Anderson and I think Virginia deserves better than that.

But... it would be nice if it raises her publicity and hopefully her clout with the show.

vicious_minx

[3]Feb 12, 2008
    • level: 3
    Well I watched her last night in respect for her, as ITT is possibly the lamest show around. I had to sacrifice The Bill.

Hated how they said she would be on soon and she ended up being second last.

Virginia seems like an incredibly funny person and she was alright singing as well. Horrendous song though.

She scored 35 and was rated number 1.

scarlettslegacy

[4]Feb 13, 2008
    I kind of liked the song, I think that style of music really suits her voice. I loved how she was so excited and humble about her stardom, I love it when celebs have 'you like me, you really like me' moments.

Good that she came first, am looking forward to seeing what she does next week. And vicious, you can't tape ITT and just fast forward to Virginia?

vicious_minx

[5]Feb 14, 2008
    She was good, though I just wish her gregarious personality showed through the music, like with Jolene last year. I think her being paired with that ancient old man Mossy won't help her in the long run. I really wanted her to be paired with David Campbell.

Though I have to agree that she is extremely down to Earth and extremely funny and very likable due to her humble nature. That gag with her lowering her height to Grant Denyer's level was so hilarious.

It was also interesting to see how nervous she was and that she sort of talked non stop, completely the opposite to Gabby.

scarlettslegacy

[6]Feb 14, 2008
    She seemed a lot more uninhibited in her talking. She seemed a bit nervous, but I found that endearing. I think her being paired with Ian Moss worked OK, she really seemed excited about it so that could work in their favour.

scarlettslegacy

[7]Feb 20, 2008
    She wasn't as good in this episode, but in her own words, she wasn't comfortable doing a rock song. But she was still in the top group so hopefully she'll last at least one more week. And she looked really sexy in that dress! Hopefully the AS PTP get the hint and give her more social situations and sexier clothes to wear in them.

scarlettslegacy

[8]Feb 27, 2008
    I loved her in the last episode - I think she was better than her first performance ('My Funny Valentine'). I loved that dress she was wearing, I think she has a certain dignity and sophistication that make her seem older than she is, and such a vibrant ballgown really brought that out - I couldn't imagine, say, Jolene Anderson being able to pull off that look as well.

Vicious, do you still think she would have been better off paired up with David Campbell? I think because of those elements of dignity and sophistication, he would have seemed too young for her, even though they're about the same age, I think. I think she's got a great connection with Ian Moss.

But, OMG, I can't believe Paul O'Brien got through again. He was awful last week with that Good Charlotte song, and he was even worse this week with 'Timewarp'. I hope he gets booted out next week

Pinkmyst

[9]Mar 6, 2008
    • level: 24

I think she is doing really well.

She has such a deep bloke type voice but it works for her

scarlettslegacy

[10]Mar 25, 2008
    Really liked her cover of 'I Will Survive'. LOVED that dress she was wearing Can't believe Paul O'Brien got through again. What part of HE CAN'T SING don't the H&A fans get?!?!?

vicious_minx

[11]Mar 31, 2008
    I really think the judges are being way to critical of Virginia, she is the only one who sounds competent and decent. Though I loved how the judges ripped into Paul and seeing Jade McRae getting stroppy and pissy was priceless.

scarlettslegacy

[12]Apr 1, 2008
    I actually feel a bit sorry for Jade. She's quite a talented singer and performer and she's got someone who can't sing, dance or act (I think Jade is a better actor than Paul!). I get the feeling Paul's a bit embaressed by how long they've lasted, he seems quite accepting of the criticisms.

scarlettslegacy

[13]Apr 1, 2008
    Loved that red dress! I want! And she got a ten, yay! Can't believe Paul and Jade got through again. Just because they were an improvement on last week, that didn't even put them at the level the other couples were in week one. I'm at a point I don't care if Virginia and Ian don't win, so long as they get higher than Jade & Paul.

vicious_minx

[14]Apr 1, 2008
    I really want Virginia to wipe the floor with Jade & Paul, so much so I actually might have to vote for her. I'm sure the money will go to a decent charity anyway.
    Edited on 04/01/2008 7:51pm

scarlettslegacy

[15]Apr 9, 2008
    SOOO glad Paul and Jade are gone, can't believe they last so long

But OMG, Virginia and Ian were amazing in last night's episode. Her version of 'Halleluja'(sp?) sent chivers down my spine. And OMG, I love the way they're dressing her on this show. She looks so sophisticated and stylish, I love it! I realy hope she wins, she's the best of the three, although now that Paul is gone, I don't care sopo much if Virginia and Ian don't win.

tursiopsseries

[16]Apr 14, 2008
    • level: 21
    I hope she wins. Semi-final tonight!

scarlettslegacy

[17]Apr 15, 2008
    So disappointed she got voted out, thought she was much better than the other two couples. I think she and Ian had a much better comaraderie than anyone else on the show. Grrrr

But hey, at least next week I can go to the gym instead of watching, so that's something.