All Saints Forums

Seven Network (ended 2009)

Who Has Seniority, Jack or Steve?

scarlettslegacy

[1]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 12

A comment that if Frank were to leave and be replaced by Zoe, Charlotte would be the perfect canditate for the 2IC position, got me thinking; within the current staff of doctors, who has seniority? IMHO, it goes Frank, Zoe, Charlotte (because she's been an ED registrar for at least six years - she makes a references to it in s5, even if she doesn't have her fellowship she still has loads more experience that Jack or Steve) (Jack/Steve) Bart. Before any Bart fans get upset, I've put him last because he's a resident and everyone else is a registrar at least.

It got me thinking, of Steve and Jack, who has seniority? They're both registrars, they've probably had similar experience in the ED. I'd be inclined to give Jack seniority because he has trauma and surgical experience and he's been in that particular hospital longer, but that's just me.

So:

Frank

Zoe

Charlotte

Jack/Steve

Bart

Anyone got an opinion?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

vicious_minx

[2]Mar 31, 2008
    • level: 3
    I'd say Jack. He has probably had a more diverese career than Steve, even though Steve is older and has been a registrar longer. Though eveyone seems to think Jack is way more competent than Steve, which I certainly agree with.

If I had to rank all the doctors
    1. Frank
    2. Zoe (I hate to admit that)
    3. Charlotte
    4. Jack
    5. Steve
    6. Boy Wonder

scarlettslegacy

[3]Mar 31, 2008
    As much as I dislike Zoe, I think she's a better doctor than Charlotte. I think Frank's points about Zoe having her fellowship and Charlotte adjusting to singlemotherhood were good ones, he was just a jerk for not telling her in advance. I think having such a huge priority in your life as a baby makes it difficult to take on extra resopnsibilities on your career. I'm not criticising Charlotte for that, just saying that to have Charlotte senior to Zoe in a professional context would be unrealistic given their different strengths and weaknesses.

vicious_minx

[4]Mar 31, 2008
    • level: 3
    Totally agree. Though in respect to Charlotte, Frank really didn't even have to make that position. It could have been an unofficial role shared by both doctors.

scarlettslegacy

[5]Apr 1, 2008
    Yeah, they managed for years without it, why bother now? Plus, it then created a hassle with them not having any money for Bart. I mean, seriously, Frank, ya don't think these things through, do ya? :p