Allen Gregory

FOX (ended 2011)

Allen Gregory Fan Reviews (37)

3.7
  • Most clever animated show in a long time. BTW Jokes are not opinions

This is honestly one of the most clever animated shows in a long time...it is hard for people to understand satire and sarcasm. Everyone just wants fart comedy. They don't get the quality of the jokes. Unlike other shows, Allen Gregory has jokes in every second. Most jokes go unnoticed because people just notice jokes that are obvious. And people take jokes as opinions when the implication of the joke is in itself sarcastic.

This is one of my favorite shows ever. Now I only watch a few comedy shows like the Big Bang, the office, How I met Your Mother and Parks and Recreation. However the show I'd prefer to be watching is Allen Gregory! I have watched the seven episodes at least 10 times each.
  • Give it a chance!

Funny show. Cancelled too soon
  • Best cartoon On tv in years

if you love south park dave chepell and family guy how could you not just love allen gregory best show ever !!!
  • LOL I LAUGHED MY ASS OFF DURING EVERY EPISODE IN SEASON 1 HAHA ^_^

I dunno what everybody here is smokin' (some uptight juice, maybe lol?) but I'm a fan of shows like South Park and The Simpsons, Aqua Team Hunger Force, The Cleveland Show, etc and this show reminds me of pieces of all of those, especially South Park. Allen G. is like a combination of each kid in South Park haha, especially Cartman lol ^_^ I've seeked this show out online to watch cause I usually miss it on Sundays but I think its funny and fresh and hilariously controversial and yeah lol. I guess it's a matter of taste. These risque type of cartoons (in which everyone gets shot at like an equal opportunity dissing) crack me up lol ^_^ But everyone's entitled to their own opinion haha ^_^ To each his own lol ;P
  • Awful simply awful. You'd think the high-brow humor would be funny but once again, Ideclarethis another dead show. DOA.

The shows previews looks mediocre enough, I hesitated on whether I was going to watch this, I did. We'll start with the positives: The shows snappy quick witted humor is a delight, it has its own flavor, its edgy,bizarre, and I respect that. However, thechattereritself lack, well character. They all seem like animated stereotypes that we've seen before: Boygenius,stereotypicalgay couple, and depressed emo girl.
    However, this is a pilot, and as a result, I'm going to endure a few more episodes, I really tink if they steer this the right way this could be asurprisehit, a clever show that the tweebs won't get. It has potential but as of late it seems stale.

• Hilarious

Oh man what's wrong with you people show is hilarious. I'm put Archer to one side while I finish this series how good it is. really funny. Perhaps the jokes fly a little too fast for some people. Me - I love it !
  • This show is pretty good, I wish everyone would stop judging the show by the first episode.

Allen Gregory is a funny show the thing I didn't know was that he was raised by homosexuals, that was no problem. I think Richard is hilarious. Allen Gregory's crush on Principal Gottlieb is the thing I don't like. I think it's funny how Allen calls his teacher Gina by her first name. I don't really have that much to talk about because, who am I to judge a show by the first couple episodes? So my rating for this show is 8/10, great show.

• Average Animation TV Show

4.5
    This show isn't very good I keep watching it to see if it gets better, it hasn't, it doesn't seem like a comedy. It gets uncomfortable to watch sometimes. FOX is one of my favorite TV Channels, this is the only show I don't like on the FOX network. It is a filter on FOX. Not the worst show but no where near the best so I'm giving this show a 4.5/10. Needs Improvement
  • A show with a good concept but poor execution.

I'll probably be the first to say that I liked the pilot, it introduced the main character Allen Gregory, who is a pretentious super genius, forced to go onto Elementary School instead of being home schooled for him to experience a life beyond corporate business, Allen thinks it would be a walk through the park but is faced with the reality that regardless of his talents, and intellect, he is really not above everyone else. It's not new, or groundbreaking material but with all the clever jokes, and settings that could been used, it would have made for a great show however the writers failed to really see the potential of the show, and in turns we were left with a bunch of dull, stagnant filler just to fill in the 8:30 - 9:00 time slot for a Sunday night block. The main problem with the show is the characters themselves, Allen Gregory in particular, he's a smug, pretentious little twerp who acts as though he's on top of the world, and is a total suck up yet he's able to walk all over everyone, and continue his nasty attitude, no real conflicts, no development, nothing. His dad Richard is pretty unlikable too, he's a homosexual stereotype; a male prima donna. He has that same problem of acting like he's on top of the world, and getting through life rather easy despite being a bad person. One thing about him is that he made a straight man (no really he is straight by will) into his love partner against his will. Everyone else are easily forgettable. The humor revolves almost entirely around the antics of Allen Gregory, and his father but considering the unlikability of their characters the delivery is really lackluster. Allen Gregory does have good points, thevoice acting is rather well done for what it tries to work for, it gives you a sense that the characters (of lack thereof) are there. The animation is decent as the characters do look realistically designed, and the art gives a classy feel to it but the character movements are really stiff. They move like manikins.

All in all, Allen Gregory would have been something great if the writers actually knew what they were working with but what came out was just a depressing waste of a good concept.
  • Allen Gregory needs to find a turning point to head towards average.

I have watched every episode of Allen Gregory since the pilot. The humor is dry, the plot is not entertaining, and it getsuncomfortable to watch at times. They need to come up with better ideas for new epsiodes that will appeal to the viewer or there won't be a season 2 or a full season1 for that matter.

• Comes off a little....

nasty. Just kid of gross sometime, mainly his attraction to his principal.

The series follows Allen Gregory De Longpre (Jonah Hill), a pretentious seven-year-old being raised by his father, Richard, and his father'slife partner, Jeremy, as Allen Gregory must start attending a public elementary school due to the effect of arecessionon his family's finances.

[edit]Cast and crew

Christina Puccellias Patrick Vanderweel, a student[3]
    Joy Osmanskias Julie De Longpre, Allen's adoptedCambodiansister
    Renée Tayloras Principal Judith Gottlieb[3]
    Leslie Mannas Gina Winthrop[

I really like the animation and I will keep watching to see if it gets better but for no (fart noise).

• Antagonistic Protagonist

It would take a vast amount of effort to find a laugh in this heaping pile of mundane horse crap. Jonah Hill, once a rising star, has, with this show, successfully secured his place in the Hollywood Walk of Shame. Shame, people, not fame. If you have ever wondered what a spoiled, pretentious, seven-year-old would do in the place of his opposites, then you may have something here. Even if you're one of those people, you'd hate this show if you're turned off by stereotypical gay jokes, a kid loving a morbidly obese seventy-year-old, an awful AIDS joke, a neglected Cambodian adoptee, crapped-in-pants, and a spineless "best" friend.

I am proud to be turned off by those things, and I am proud to hate this show.
  • Not worth your time, this was a terrible show

I gave this show a chance, I even watched every episode, not one of them was funny. I'm glad FOX canceled this, it was a stupid idea from the start.
  • OK, I'll say it.

Before anyone else does. This Show isn't just bad.... it's SUPERBAD. C'mon, Jonah undo that lap band, grow that stubble on your face and start smoking weed again, so we can once again go to the movies and laugh at you. Yep, sorry dude, we have always laughed at you not with you.

• Id rather watch my dog chase her tail.

As the above states. Ill do laundry, or something else. I will not give this show a 4th chance. The animation is good. There could be a lot more going on here, but this show fails to capture that slap stick humor that animation domination excels at obtaining. Bobs burgers was a better show in my humble opinion.

• The Worst Show I Have Ever Seen

1.5
    Jonah Hill summoned two demons known as Richard Delongpre and Allen Gregory to destroy was he thinking? Thank goodness our Lord and Savior obliterated them both...
  • I wanted to like it, I really did...

1.5

I want to apologize to Jonah Hill, of whom I am a fan. He has been hysterical on the talk show circuit lately, which made me think this show would be just as funny, if not more.

It was beyond terrible. I wanted to love it, but it gave me nothing to love. A couple lines he said were kinda cute, and probably improvised, but this character is so unlovable.

I don't understand this, and I think I have a pretty good grasp of broad humor-I am not easily offended by gross out jokes or racist jokes or misogynistic humor, but I am offended by this crap.

Really y'all-I'm at a loss for words, which is rare. It is just REAL BAD. Nuff said.

• Jonah Hill sucks ass at TV

He was so sure that everybody would love the show, boy I hope that he still feels like a fucking idiot.
  • Awful, just awful

I did`nt even get a laugh from this show. It`s just that bad I regretted even trying to watch it to see how bad it was.
  • Scurrilous...

Of all the offensive kids ever depicted in an animated series (Cartman, Stewie), Allen Gregory makes even Dennis The Menace look like angels in comparison.

Allen Gregory is the absolute WORST animated show ever allowed on the Fox Network. A show about some milk and water little creep of a boy who has 2 daddies (yes, they're gay) & the various stupid situations that not even the creators of Regular Show would touch with rubber gloves on. And to top if off, the little troglodyte has a unhealthy Oedipal attachment to an ugly, obese 75-year old woman who happens to be his school's principal.

The best thing for Fox to do with this turgescent abomination of a cartoon, is to have it buried at sea, but then again, the ocean's is already polluted as is.
  • Only saw the pilot

And it was so horrid. I was repulsed by how lame this piece of crap was. This was so bad, I actually wished for the death of that little brat. After the pilot, I refused to watch another episode. When the show was canceled, I jumped up and down for joy.
  • This is shit

Wow...this makes every show on FOX look great.
  • Let's kick off the new year with one of the worst shows of 2011.

I haven't seen a lot of Fox animated shows, but some can be good from the ones I've seen. However, this was one of the worst cartoons I've seen in a long time.

The story is about Allen Gregory, a young 7-year old who is very pretentious and is known for being the son of a very rich businessman. However, after losing money, Allen Gregory has to attend public school with regular kids, which he finds annoying. Even though he believes he is popular at his home life, with two parents who give him anything he wants, he isn't as loved in his school. And so school life ensues.

Now you're probably thinking, "This show doesn't seem so bad. Maybe the character learns good lessons, and tells the viewers that people can become better people. What could possibly be wrong with this?"

Well, the characters. Good God, these characters are atrocious. Allen Gregory is ugly, stuck-up, rude, never cares about other people, only his dad, and is creepy, with his infatuation with an overweight, ugly 75-year-old, and wants to have sex with her. This is our main protagonist people!

Richard, Allen Gregory's father is lazy, always overworks his husband, and is the most stereotypical gay man ever! He makes kissy noises, sounds like a baby sometimes, and plays games with his husband, such as, "Oops! I dropped my towel!" I have no problem with gays, but this is just making fun of it. Jeremy, Richard's partner is actually nice to people, and cares about others, but even with his few minutes of fame, Richard tries to stop it. What kind of partner is that? There's also the daughter Julie, who is sarcastic, monotone, and does give a funny line every once in a while. She was adopted from Cambodia by Richard, so Richard can get more publicity.

Some of the classmates are OK. The bullies do give some funny lines, and Patrick is kind of likable, even if a tad spineless to Allen Gregory's wants.

Also, the episode plots are horrible. A gay school dance? Really??!!! Firing a student, because the kid was Hispanic? And all the others are about Allen Gregory trying to date and have sex with the principal, or Allen Gregory trying to hang out with the bullies.

I would give this a 0.5, but since some of the students do give me some chuckles, and I do like Jeremy and Julie. But the offensive gay material makes it so mean-spirited, and the unlikable leads hurt me. Now, with some shows I hate, I don't think are that bad, because they don't teach people bad messages or bad morals. However, this deserves to be one of the worst shows I had to sit through. 1 out of 10.
  • I tried to like it...

I really wanted to like this show, but it just does not make that an easy thing to accomplish. Oh well on to the next cartoon Fox chooses to fill their Sunday night lineup.
  • Just another blatant waste of filler for FOX

If you are looking for a good new animated comedy show, then this isn't for you at all. Allen Gregory is an all out failure of epic proportions that gives new meaning to the word, horrendous. Allen Gregory follows the adventures and life of a rich and famous seven year old boy who is forced to go attend school and fit in with the others. Not only is the premise been done before like over nine thousand times, but the whole set up is also extremely weak as well. For one thing there's no reason as to why Allen Gregory's parents send him to school at all. Despite the fact that he is smart and has leadership, Allen is still sent to school with no real reason whatsoever. Speaking of Allen Gregory himself, he is not likable in the least bit at all. He's always lecturing or belittling others, he's arrogant, insults everyone that helps him, and isn't show a lot of emotion at all. The other characters are no better at all. Rick, Allen's dad, is not only a complete idiot and demanding, but also is negatively portrayed gay. Now I have no issues with gays, but I'm sick of seeing gays treated like nothing on an animated comedy show. Rick's parnter, Spencer, is completely spineless and a pushover. The other kids are pretty much idiotic, they even believed the superintendent who was crying and not Allen. How dumb are these kids? The daughter is really the only likable character since she seems to have the voice of reason and is the only one who seems to be the only one who isn't really stupid or really crazy. The Principal is also terrible and is almost a dead ringer of Miss Finster from Disney's Recess, she even almost sounds like her and look like her. I also find it strange that this is called a comedy show when in fact there is nothing funny at all in this show. Not a single joke, or what jokes there were are funny at all and relies on ramblings instead of actual comedy. The artwork is decent enough, but the characters, especially Allen Gregory, have strange designs to them. The animation is moderate at best, but it looks rather choppy from time to time. I swear this is the end of Animation Domination and this show proves it. Ever since King of the Hill went out it keeps getting worse and worse. Stay away from Allen Gregory, it's just another waste of air time and is best left avoided at all costs and let it get canceled.

• This show is just about as bad as they come.

I have to say that in my humble opinion, Allen Gregory is by far one of the worst animated series that was ever made for adults. This obnoxious little boy genius comes off as hardly anything more than a Stewie wannabe, and a totally unsuccessful one at that. His cynical adopted sister and his gay parents don't strike me as funny either. So on a scale of one to ten, I have to give it the lowest score that I am able to give it: a one.

• To put it politely, I'd be equally as willing for a dentist to be drilling than to ever let this show in my life.

I remember seeing TV spots for this show on Fox and thought it looked decent. I mean hey, at least it's not another Seth MacFarlane TV show. (like we need another one of those!) I missed thepremiere but I caught it on Hulu. Ooooohhhhh, Idon'tlikeit!

I mean it! This was just horrible! Absolutely HORRIBLE!! I liked absolutely nothing about this show. I hate the characters, I hated the stories, I hated the animation. It's one of the worst shows I ever sat through. There's not one redeeming quality about this show at all. It's just an ugly, hate filled show thinking it's funny. I don't see this lasting another season. If it does, may god have mercy on us all.

Well, I tried to keep it as short as possible. I don't even want to go into depth about this one like I do my other reviews.

• Quit wasting my Sunday nights!

This show is the very first show that has encouraged me to go online in attempt to get it offline. It's insanely negative and abusive, and not in a humous way. I have yet to even have a slight smirk. I love animated shows, but this one is way off mark.

• This was seven kinds of terrible.

As a cartoon, the animation is stiff, the jokes aren't funny, and the voice-acting is stiff and bored.

Socially, it's an abomination. Rampant mysogony, racism, and sexual harassment are obviously trying to keep up with Family Guy. But that all pales next to a painfully stereotyped gay character who is also a sexual predator. The only remotely likeable character is constantly belittled and insulted.

• Dumb

Allen Gregory, a famous seven-year-old kid, must attend elementary school with regular kids. A rich, smart, seven year old has a hard time fitting in at his new elementary school.

This show is just stupid, honestly, I don't really find anything entertaining about a seven year old kid that's rich and famous, like That_TV_Dude said "Ever since King of the Hill went out it keeps getting worse and worse."

Stay away from Allen Gregory.

1 out of 10