Allen Gregory

FOX (ended 2011)

Allen Gregory Fan Reviews (43)

3.7
  • Let's kick off the new year with one of the worst shows of 2011.

I haven't seen a lot of Fox animated shows, but some can be good from the ones I've seen. However, this was one of the worst cartoons I've seen in a long time.

The story is about Allen Gregory, a young 7-year old who is very pretentious and is known for being the son of a very rich businessman. However, after losing money, Allen Gregory has to attend public school with regular kids, which he finds annoying. Even though he believes he is popular at his home life, with two parents who give him anything he wants, he isn't as loved in his school. And so school life ensues.

Now you're probably thinking, "This show doesn't seem so bad. Maybe the character learns good lessons, and tells the viewers that people can become better people. What could possibly be wrong with this?"

Well, the characters. Good God, these characters are atrocious. Allen Gregory is ugly, stuck-up, rude, never cares about other people, only his dad, and is creepy, with his infatuation with an overweight, ugly 75-year-old, and wants to have sex with her. This is our main protagonist people!

Richard, Allen Gregory's father is lazy, always overworks his husband, and is the most stereotypical gay man ever! He makes kissy noises, sounds like a baby sometimes, and plays games with his husband, such as, "Oops! I dropped my towel!" I have no problem with gays, but this is just making fun of it. Jeremy, Richard's partner is actually nice to people, and cares about others, but even with his few minutes of fame, Richard tries to stop it. What kind of partner is that? There's also the daughter Julie, who is sarcastic, monotone, and does give a funny line every once in a while. She was adopted from Cambodia by Richard, so Richard can get more publicity.

Some of the classmates are OK. The bullies do give some funny lines, and Patrick is kind of likable, even if a tad spineless to Allen Gregory's wants.

Also, the episode plots are horrible. A gay school dance? Really??!!! Firing a student, because the kid was Hispanic? And all the others are about Allen Gregory trying to date and have sex with the principal, or Allen Gregory trying to hang out with the bullies.

I would give this a 0.5, but since some of the students do give me some chuckles, and I do like Jeremy and Julie. But the offensive gay material makes it so mean-spirited, and the unlikable leads hurt me. Now, with some shows I hate, I don't think are that bad, because they don't teach people bad messages or bad morals. However, this deserves to be one of the worst shows I had to sit through. 1 out of 10.