Ally McBeal

Boy Next Door

Aired Unknown Mar 27, 2000 on FOX

• The saddest episode of Ally I have ever seen. I was in floods!

The episode begins with discussion about the brain tumour that Billy has just found out that he has. The doctor's advise him to wait for a while, but once they find out his hallucinations are becoming more frequent, they make an appointment to operate on it and remove it. Meanwhile, Jon Cage gets stuck in a lift and Nell dumps him while he is stuck. Jon is admitted to hospital as a precautionary measure. Ally and Billy are working on an anullment case and during the hearing, Billy goes off on a bit of a tangent and says he has been married to Ally for 12 years and that her and their children (which neither of them have) are the most important things in his life. Then (WARNING - SPOILER COMING)

Billy collapses and dies! Ally has to beak the news, and gets together with Georgia to organise the funeral. They decide to try and bring a bit of laughter to the event and have the choir sing 'there's a new man in town'. I have never cried so much at a TV programme, but by far the best episode I've ever seen, and it seems top episode as voted by users of this website too!