Ally McBeal

Boy Next Door

Aired Unknown Mar 27, 2000 on FOX

• "all of my heart, forever." a heart-breaking episode, where fans (especially of the Ally-Billy relationship) feel a roller-coaster of emotions.

I watched this episode today. I hadn't seen it since it's originally air-date which was (i believe) in 2000.I've always loved Ally McBeal, but out of the 5 seasons, this was always the episode that came to mind when i thought about her. Ally and Billy's relationship was always such an important part of who she was, she looked to it for an example in other relationships, it was her glimmer of hope in an otherwise unloving and sometimes cold, world. There are spoilers following.

A Lot happens in this episode,Nelle and John breakup, Ally finds out that Billy has a brain tumor, they are in the middle of a case together, and then suddenly, he is gone. It has been about 10 years since i've last seen this episode, and it's always stood out in my mind, how right before his death he tells Ally just how much he loves her, and for a few seconds, you just feel this insane happiness for the two of them, which is immediately ripped away, and he dies. The scene between Ally and Georgia also stood out to me, Ally got that tiny bit of resolution before his death and to give the same resolution to Georgia, I always found that amazing of Ally. Watching these two women, who definitely loved Billy with all of their hearts. Amazing. Finally, Billy's funeral..that's another unforgettable scene, this is arguably the best episode (albeit the saddest, and most heartbreaking) of the series.. and it's just wonderfully done.