Ally McBeal Forums

FOX (ended 2002)

How dp you rate season 5?

LucyEA12345

[1]Nov 18, 2008
    • level: 9
    Ok...I love the show I watched it ever since it first started. I bought Seasons 1-3 on DVD, and I remembered the rest being a little weak. I finally cracked and bought Season 4. Whilst I loved Robert Downey Jr, I was, as I suspected disappointed with the season and found it a lot weaker than the previous three. The thing is I'm now craving some 'new' Ally McBeal, and I'm thinking is it worth buying Season 5, or am I just gonna regret it coz it's not as good. I can't really remember the episodes, what do you think of the season overall?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

PiperPrueLover4

[2]Nov 19, 2008
    • level: 18
    I think you should buy the DVD. In my opinion, Season 4 is better than Season 5, but Season 5 is still good despite how it made the show end.
    Edited on 02/24/2009 1:40pm

NJZ

[3]Nov 22, 2008
    • level: 29
    I thought both Season 4 and 5 were mediocre, especially compared to the brilliance of the first 3 seasons. I think you should still buy the DVD though. Despite my feelings towards that season, it wouldn't have felt right if I hadn't seen it right to the very end. I loved the very last episode. It very much felt like "old" Ally McBeal and it definitely raised Season 5's overall quality.

Edie70

[4]Jan 5, 2009
    • level: 19
    Season 5 = mediocre ... I hated Jenny & Glen

LucyEA12345

[5]Jan 7, 2009
    Wasn't Glen pretty hot though??! ;cD

NJZ

[6]Feb 1, 2009
    lol, he was hot but that doesn't make the show any better.

LucyEA12345

[7]Feb 10, 2009
    Well maybe a little bit

Does anyone know where I can just download the final episode - or watch it online. It has to be available from the UK for me to be able to view it. There seems to be so much enthusiasm for this episode I fancy watching it again. I haven't seen it since it first aired and I can't really remember it. It would be brilliant if I could get this without buying the whole damn DVD!!

By the way, I think I've just remembered one of the things I didn't like from season 5....Dame Edna was in it right? Or was that some crazy, drug induced dream.

NJZ

[8]Feb 24, 2009
    I think she was in it, but I wish it were just a dream. Anyway, wish I could help with watching the episode, but I don't know where you could find it. You could wait for ZoneRomantica (channel 149 on Sky) to air it again.

LucyEA12345

[9]Feb 28, 2009
    Damn I don't have Sky, but thanks. That channel name is hilarious by the way.

NJZ

[10]Mar 1, 2009
    Haha, it is, isn't it? I think that its called that because it airs a lot of romantic dramas aswell as stuff thats generally aimed at women. Basically, that channel just be called "The David E.Kelley Network" coz they air all of his old shows.

SidneyAce

[12]May 5, 2009
    • level: 3
    I of course agree that the first three seasons were amazing! Nothing is compared to them. The last season was a disappointment but i think you should buy the DVDs because there are some great episodes there like a couple of episodes about Ling. Also i liked an episode called "Blowing In The Wind" and the final episode was just great. It was the perfect ending. Like NJZ said it felt like the old Ally.

larrypaul4

[13]Jun 4, 2009
    • level: 1
    You probably bought the DVD already since this was started last year but you could probably have just watched it online at sidereel.com or something. Season 1-3 were must buy items. Majority of the episodes in season 4 were good episodes so that one is worth it as well. Season 5 only had a handful of episodes that were good enough to watch over again.

Edie70

[14]Jun 27, 2012
    • level: 19
    Seasons 5 felt totally off and weird. It was like watching a different show with a few of the old characters - almost like a sitcom. And Ally's crazy life got even crazier. But it had a couple of good episodes like #513 Woman and #522 Bygones.