Ally McBeal Forums

FOX (ended 2002)

Saddest Episode

TomTheDon

[1]Sep 2, 2005
    • level: 1
    Billy dying?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mermayd

[2]Sep 9, 2005
    • level: 19
    Easily.

Not as sad as the episode of ER where Mark Greene dies but pretty close.

jewlee14

[3]Sep 16, 2005
    • level: 5
    Saddest eps were Elaine's baby taken away from her and the Series Finale ep.

123home123

[4]Sep 19, 2005
    • level: 55
    Billy's death and the series finale get my votes.

marizitah

[5]Oct 19, 2005
    • level: 6
    when bill dies...

vicker2006

[6]Oct 20, 2005
    • level: 11
    Billy dying was one of the saddest episodes ever!

timb019

[7]Nov 7, 2005
    • level: 6
    I can't remember the title of the episode but in the first season when the tranvestite gets killed on the street just when Ally was trying to fix her life for her.

The Billy episode was sad but with all those changes he was going through, I sort of felt it coming.

dazzaluker

[8]Dec 2, 2005
    • level: 1
    definatly wen billy dies although the final episode is upsetting too

bbandy2000

[9]Dec 17, 2005
    Billy dying, closely followed by the following episode where she finally says goodbye. Loads of people I know found "boy to the world" destressing, but I couldn't sympathise with that at all - he/she/it was a freak.

ezechiel69

[10]Dec 26, 2005
    billy's death, obviously, but also the one with the travestite, and all seasons finales (particularly seasons 2 & 5 finales)

mray1

[11]Jan 5, 2006
    • level: 2
    Billy's death was sad during the episode, but he came back so many times as a ghost it lost a bit of it's impact. So I'd have to say the series finale. It didn't really hit me till they were all out on the street and she was saying goodbye, and the last shot with them all standing there looking after her and that music playing.....very sad.

jammer1128

[12]Jan 20, 2006
    I always thought they one of saddest eps to be the one where her and Larry break up. Not that it is crying sad, but it made me sad. What is also sad is that seemed to be the turning point for the show. So I guess I always think about it as sad. I really liked Larry. He was one of my favorites. Why did roberts downey jr have to get in trouble again? I blame him for the show getting cancelled.

ezechiel69

[13]Jan 20, 2006
    jammer1128 wrote:
    I always thought they one of saddest eps to be the one where her and Larry break up. Not that it is crying sad, but it made me sad. What is also sad is that seemed to be the turning point for the show. So I guess I always think about it as sad. I really liked Larry. He was one of my favorites. Why did roberts downey jr have to get in trouble again? I blame him for the show getting cancelled.

the show was before robert downey jr, and was for 3 years, so he easily could be without him for more than 3 years ...

you want someone to blame about ally's cancelling ? so blame it on david e kelley ...

loverob

[14]Apr 6, 2006
    • level: 14
    I agree, Billys death brought tears to my eyes. And the finale with returnees Georgia,Renee & Billy(in ghost form) was sad too.

loverob

[15]Apr 6, 2006
    • level: 14
    mray1 wrote:
    Billy's death was sad during the episode, but he came back so many times as a ghost it lost a bit of it's impact. So I'd have to say the series finale. It didn't really hit me till they were all out on the street and she was saying goodbye, and the last shot with them all standing there looking after her and that music playing.....very sad.

mray1, I couldn't have put it better myself.

ultron29

[16]Apr 15, 2006
    • level: 7
    Billy dying was incredibly sad. The transvestite one was very hard-hitting as well. I felt The one where Georgia finds out about Ally and Billy was quite powerful and sad too, you really could feel it from her perspective

BaKuFuN35

[17]Apr 26, 2006
    • level: 4

The saddest episode in Ally McBeal is definitely "Blue Christmas". Elaine, who I consider one of the emptiest characters on the show, is finally blessed with a baby she finds on the street. Most of the episode Elaine, John and Ally fight incredibly hard in court to get a guardianship of little Elliot. Everyone in the office gets attached to him, including Ling and Nelle (to my surprise!). John, Billy and Richard even dance with him. I got really angry when Georgia backstabbed them, though, and gave away Elaine's "accomplishments" to the child care agency (that b!). Anyway...it is really sad when the mother returns asking for little Elliot back and Elaine unwillingly decides to give him up. Seriously, I thought Elaine would have been a wonderful mother and she deserved to be; she is the number one victim in the show when it comes to everything. The episode with Billy's death is quite sad (although not cry-my-eyes-out-sad) and the one where Richard and Ling kiss for the last time is also very sad though sweet. Another really sad episode is the one where the little kid from A.I. wants to sue God and hires Ling and Ally as lawyers ("guardian angels").

janekrakowski

[18]May 19, 2006
    There are so many it is hard to chose. I would agree with some and say the saddest episode is DEFINITELY Blue Christmas! Elaine is my favorite character and she deserved to finally give her life a meaning. Elliot would have done that in so many ways. I cry every time I see it. To think that she FINALLY won her baby in court, and then the real mother comes to take poor 'Alan Matthew Hart' away! And then Elaine whispers I love You and goes off, No longer wanting to be strong! That episode is priceless. Then the one where Billy dies broke my heart. He still love ally!!! OMG when Georgia asked Ally what his last words were, and she lies and says 'Tell Georgia I love her" that truly broke my heart. Oh, and then when she comes to the office and says that Billy died, everyone just freezes, as if it is too unreal. Then, when Ally and Larry broke up, and Elaine opened the note that said 'I love you ... Goodbye' I just burst into tears! They were a perfect couple! Then, definitely the cancer episode. Ling was an actual human being. Oh, and when Nelle tells John, 'I think I'm falling in love with you!' it was the sweetest. Honestly, saddest is Blue Christmas, but the above come pretty close!

AnTe210

[19]May 20, 2006
    Hands down, the saddest AM episode was when Billy died ("Boy Next Door", #62).  

Runners up, in order of preference:

the minister's ex-fiancee sues him over breaking their engagement ("Fools Night Out", #26) - when Jennifer Holliday sang "Fools Fall In Love", I turned into a complete puddle

the boy dying of cancer hires Ling & Ally to sue God ("Angels & Blimps", #36) - Ling really is human, & Haley Joel Osment shows the stuff that got him an Oscar nomination later that year for "The Sixth Sense"

Elaine find a baby in a manger & wants to keep it ("Blue Christmas", #54) - I defy anyone to watch Elaine hand over that baby and not be moved to tears 

a boy sues his prom date; Ally goes as his date after the case is over ("The Wedding", #90) - the boy was Josh Groban & when he sang "You're Still You" to the girl (or was he singing to Ally?), my heart broke

P.S. I couldn't include the one others have mentioned about the transvestite because I can't remember it.

perryjp20

[20]Jun 2, 2006
    • level: 9
    for me, "angels and blimps"...no contest! i miss this show SO freakin' much! i wonder where the dvd's are? a show this popular (in it's prime) should definitely have been out by now...i wonder what the holdup is? anyone know??