An Almost Human Community
FOX (ended 2014)

Nooooooooooooo!!! Fox has canceled its sci-fi robo-buddy cop show Almost Human after one season, says Deadline, which kind of comes as a surprise to me, because just last week I was thinking it had a decent shot at renewal.

If you need to point fingers, go ahead and blame everyone who didn't watch it and shame them accordingly. But you should really be blaming Kevin Bacon and The Following, which eked out a Season 3 renewal even after it sunk to a fourth-place finish in its time slot with its Season 2 finale. Okay, it may be a bit harsh to blame The Following, as Fox also has several promising pilots on its hands, and everything is jockeying for limited schedule space—especially since Fox doesn't program the 10pm hour. 

For me, Almost Human ended up being one of the season's biggest disappointments, because its impressive trailer, which debuted at last year's Upfronts, looked awesome. It didn't help that Fox aired several episodes out of order, or that the focus of the show often strayed from the most interesting parts of the series—the relationship between Kennex and Dorian and the idea of artificial intelligence—in favor of more procedural-y stories. But that doesn't mean the news isn't disheartening for sci-fi fans. 

If you want to get even more upset over Almost Human's cancellation, consider this zinger from Deadline: "Elsewhere in Fox bubble land, the renewal chances for Seth MacFarlane-produced freshman comedy Dads appear to have gone up in the past few days." Whaaaaaaaaaat? 

Will you miss Almost Human?

Check the Status of Your Favorite Shows:
What's Renewed, What's Canceled, and What's Still In Between?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 3/3/2014

Season 1 : Episode 13

561 Comments
Comments (561)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Please bring back Almost Human. My husband and I loved that show and was very disappointed it was canceled. The show, The following, I had/Have no desire to watch. That show needs to be canceled so Almost Human can come back on. AT least I get to watch the re-runs on the Elray channel at 6:00 and 7:00am. I don't understand why it was canceled in the first place. Please bring it back. Screw The Following and other shows that replaced it.
Flag
Got together with my girlfriend every week to watch this show. We loved it!!! Please bring it back. Or at least let it play in Canada!!
Flag
Fox killed yet another amazing tv show, and left viewers on a cliffhanger, while reality TV trash continues. Firefly all over again. The only difference is this time I watched and I waited with such hope for season 2. I know I'll never give a penny to fox with the way they keep this crap up.
Flag
I want this show back too, as it was entertaining all the time.

It ended with big plot hole like "The wall" etc. which would also add alot of more meat to the series.
Flag
SAVE ALMOST HUMAN.....SIGN THE PETITION...LINKsave almost human petition!!!
Flag
Typical. I had a look to see when the second series was to be aired and found out it had been cancelled. Why? It was by far more entertaining than the other dross out there. I always had it in my planner and looked forward to it, with it's excellent comedic dryness and hi-tech storylines. Fox, you have got this one wrong
Flag
Fox sucks...... they cancel this awesome show but keep the crappy ones so typical of things coming..... I mean we live in a society where dumb ass reality shows are brainwashing our masses and they run season after season are we really this retarded the viewers or the people who run the network ....
Flag
the Norwegian original is better than the american re-make. (show has same name)
and lasted longer..
Flag
Whats the name of the Norwegian original? I cant find that info at all on IMDB and Google.
Flag
"akta manniskor" is the norwegian version
Flag
Thank you!
Flag
I adore sci-fi and I really liked this show. They should have gave it at least on more season.
Flag
What a disappointment!!! What of the few shows I have regularly watched and Fox has shut it down. I hope Fox Management is listening. PLEASE put ALMOST HUMAN back. ;-(
Flag
Bring it back! I am watching the series again. I just do not understand FOX and WHY they continue to cancel good shows. How does that boost their bottom line? Why is this station so obsessed with cancelling sci fi, yet keeps airing them?
Flag
Wow. Fox Made one of the Best shows Ever seen before "Terra Nova" And Now they have made "Almost Human" and yet again Cancelled it because they lost viewers towards The end. The truth is the only reason they lost there viewers in the final 3 episodes is because they started airing them in wrong order and changing times. If they made a second season And Used proper coordination they would have such a huge Fan base. This show did have a story to it though they thought it didnt. (PLEASE RENEW) Even as a surprise then they would get a bunch of viewers for the surprise renewal out of nowhere.
Flag
Put it back it was good, who knows what the future hold its interesting to see other ideas TV or not'.
Flag
Arghhhh Noooo this was a good program, come on Mr Murdoch watch your own channel and tell someone to start on S2.!
Flag
Minka Kelley is too hot to cancel.

Flag
FOX SUCKS! They can't risk a Sci-Fi show because the average TV watcher simply doen't get it it.
Flag
a lot of networks do that, it pisses me off too, like when Jericho was on it went for a season and a half then canceled, now this, I agree they dont know what they got till they cancel it and piss there fan base off to the point we flip out on them.
Flag
Why is it that the major networks never have a clue about the gems they have?
Flag
I am really upset about the cancelling for the show. I loved it. Especially since FOX doesn't have much of anything worth watching. Please Please Please do not cancel my show.
Flag
I second the comment that Fox sucks.
Flag
Seriously, I've been hitting Hulu Plus for about 3 months , once a week, checking for new episodes. Fox lost some points. Perhaps maybe you should put "NO MORE NEW EPISODES" over your products so we don't have to find out the news 8 months later from a third party. FOX YOU SUCK.
Flag
This is why I generally do not watch Fox. They cancel every sci-fi show they bother to put on in one season. It is a pattern with them. I will not set myself up anymore though, I am through with this network.
Flag
This is why I refuse to watch any fox based show. They cancel everything thats not a mega hit. It is the worst network ever.
Flag
OMG! FOX You are insane! I loved this show and was gutted to find out it was scrapped!
Flag
Very short-sighted, if not downright stupid, of Fox. It was a very entertaining program, certainly better -- much, MUCH better -- than the crap "Intelligence" on CBS (which also got cancelled - good call on that one).

Maybe the SyFy channel can pick it up?
Flag
Agreed better than many, certainly better than that rubbish Marvel's Shield which was OK for little league viewers but Almost Human should go back into production, big fan base here in the UK.
Flag
FOX = dont do scify shows you are gonna kill them anyways, leave those scrips to ppl that actually care for scify. The show was pretty good, with decent FXs, and a potential story. But... lets just shoot some reality show instead or more lobotomized cartoons.
Flag
God I'm so sick of fox coming up with great shows like almost human, then canceling them on a cliffhanger! Seriously WTF!?! Either stop creating awesome shows only to cancel them on a cliff hanger or kill yourselves!!!!! Idk bout anyone else but that feels like a slap to the face! I'm sooooooooooooooo sick of watching fox programs seriously wtf is the point? These idiots are just gonna leave any loyal viewer guessing when they cancel yet another great show on a cliffhanger!!!!!! Watch mark my words these network executives R-tards will do it again, I pray people get sick of it, then boycott this crap station!!!!!!!!!!!
Flag
This is really too bad. There isn't much on TV that I like, but Almost Human was a gem. I probably didn't help that I watched most episodes online. I wish FOX would have given this excellent series more time to catch on. I hope that some other network picks the show up.
Flag
Figures a good show like this gets the axe! But they'll keep how many Chef Ramsay shows on? Fox pull your head out of you behind!!!
Flag
Its all about money/viewers.. There are far more people who would rather watch COOKING/REALITY shows than quality shows like almost human. This reflects the lack of intelligence in the audience as very little thought is required. Provoking LAZY attitudes towards TV programs.

If it sells.....get some dumbass to watch it...
Flag
Not a lot of.original programmes left and very little Sci Fi worth watching, love almost human. Please reconsider a 2nd series, so many other programmes that are rubbish seem to get a 2nd.even.3rd.series do give almost human a 2nd series.and advertise it better to get the viewers.
Flag
Gonna miss this show...however, I like dad's too so I'm glad it might be renewed!
Flag
Just shows Fox didnt learn anything
Flag
Almost Human one of the best shows on tv. Another strike out for FOX. Not many other decent shows left to cancel on that network. Go CBS.
Flag
They ran the episodes of Firefly out of order, then cancelled that excellent series. They are still not to be trusted, I see. Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water and all that. I am sorry that Almost Human will not be returning.
Flag
I really need to learn from my mistakes and NEVER get caught up in a FOX show. They always cancel them!!! I swear I will not tread back into that water!
Flag
This why I hate Fox they always cancel the good shows. I should have known better than to start watching another new show on Fox. I guess they needed to make space for another stupid singing and dancing program. That is what happened to Human Target and Lie to Me they canceled them to make room that junk.
Flag
This is pure B.S. They cancel an interesting and original show, and air cramp like "I wanna Marry Harry"!.. Are they serious?! Who's making the executive decisions over there? Instead of canceling shows that have potential in their very first season, they need to fire all of the executives that have continually proven themselves to be incompetent. There are plenty of series that have had a slow start but went on to achieve greatness. We need to start a petition. If Roswell can get renewed by simply sending in Tabasco sauce bottles, we should be able to get a few extra seasons by sending in something. Old VCR parts, action figure legs, Post-its, pictures of Michael Ealy's eyes (that'll get a rise out of them lol) something. Someone has to be wise enough to pick this show up. We cannot allow this to be another Firefly
Flag
Im mad...I loved that show. It was co-creative and there was nothing else like it. I was so excited to see the direction the show was going to go and I love the actors
Flag
Someone tell sci-fi to pick it up quick.
Flag
Ugh I wanted to find out what was behind that damn wall and it was actually a pretty decent show for fox I barely watch that channel anymore except that show -.- well they lost a viewer completely.
Flag
And I'm angry 'cause I'll never know what's behind that fucking ~wall~. Poor rebellious people? Aliens? Zombies? *rages*
Flag
Too bad... it was a good show.
Flag
Firefly... and now Almost Human. It's not fair !!!!!!!

Flag
yeah this pisses me off a lot... this show so deserves more... jesus duck dynasty got renewed... and this got cancelled... i mean sure it kinda lagged mid season and apparently there were some issues with fox airing episodes in the wrong order, but come on, where do i go for science fiction?? seriously
Flag
Yeah I'll miss it. I'm actually surprised it was canceled because for me it was a very engaging story with good, solid expanding web of character development. Some great story arcs were started, such as the crazy dude who designed Dorian apparently starting up his own robot army. A lot of anticipation was generated over this 'wall', and what it was about. Was looking forward to seeing that explained at some point. Then there was the clearly unfinished business between the cop dude (name is escaping me at present) and his ex girlfriend who sold him out to the crime syndicate. A lot of fresh stories were told through the medium of this show, even if some were revisited (the homing missile bullets from "Runaway"). Overall a very good show that wasn't given the time it deserved to come into its own.
Flag
WHYWHYWHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO SAD
Flag
Fox is so predictable it's painful. They canceled yet another great SciFi show with huge potential by purposely sabotaging it. It's as if Fox has a serious issue with SciFi that they go out of their way to disrespect it, or maybe they just don't respect their viewers enough.
Karl Urban and Michael Ealy were doing an outstanding job. The stories were interesting and their comedic timing perfect. I am going to seriously miss this show. It made Mondays bearable.
I only hope another network has the foresight to pick it up.
Flag
Darn...This was the only show I cared about that was canceled...They made a big mistake!
Flag
You'd think Fox would have learned their lesson to never air their sci-fi shows out of order and then bin 'em.
Almost Human move in 2016 ?
Flag
Can't say I'm surprised, it's FOX, after all. I give up on their Sci-fi shows, no matter how much like the concept, because I know they won't get a fair shot. Almost Human had its weak points, but I think it deserved another shot.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    Caught on Camera With Nick Cannon High Jinx
    NEW
    NBC
  •  
    500 Questions
    NEW
    ABC