An Almost Human Community
FOX (ended 2014)

Nooooooooooooo!!! Fox has canceled its sci-fi robo-buddy cop show Almost Human after one season, says Deadline, which kind of comes as a surprise to me, because just last week I was thinking it had a decent shot at renewal.

If you need to point fingers, go ahead and blame everyone who didn't watch it and shame them accordingly. But you should really be blaming Kevin Bacon and The Following, which eked out a Season 3 renewal even after it sunk to a fourth-place finish in its time slot with its Season 2 finale. Okay, it may be a bit harsh to blame The Following, as Fox also has several promising pilots on its hands, and everything is jockeying for limited schedule space—especially since Fox doesn't program the 10pm hour. 

For me, Almost Human ended up being one of the season's biggest disappointments, because its impressive trailer, which debuted at last year's Upfronts, looked awesome. It didn't help that Fox aired several episodes out of order, or that the focus of the show often strayed from the most interesting parts of the series—the relationship between Kennex and Dorian and the idea of artificial intelligence—in favor of more procedural-y stories. But that doesn't mean the news isn't disheartening for sci-fi fans. 

If you want to get even more upset over Almost Human's cancellation, consider this zinger from Deadline: "Elsewhere in Fox bubble land, the renewal chances for Seth MacFarlane-produced freshman comedy Dads appear to have gone up in the past few days." Whaaaaaaaaaat? 

Will you miss Almost Human?

Check the Status of Your Favorite Shows:
What's Renewed, What's Canceled, and What's Still In Between?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 3/3/2014

Season 1 : Episode 13

541 Comments
Follow this Show
Members