We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

An Almost Human Community
FOX (ended 2014)
You’d think Fox would have announced the future of one of the most promising shows by now. Okay, okay, let me rephrase that… I hoped that Fox would have decided positively about the fate of Almost Human by now. I’m checking FaceBook, TV.com and the Fox website regularly (almost obsessively, I admit) but so far, no news.

I wonder how much of AH’s future’s already been decided for, and if Fox is willing to listen to viewers who are trying to convince them to keep the show running.
Personally, I’d think it would be a missed opportunity not to continue a show with so much potential. We have been given a look into a future that could be reality one day, not so far away. That leaves me longing for more.

Next to that a number of story lines have been thrown out like fishing lines, and we have all nibbled at the bait. What’s behind the wall? What about Dorian’s memory? What happened exactly during the attack when John lost his partner and his leg? What was Nigel up to, with his army of synthetic souls?

All in all questions that scream for answers. Fans of the show are gathering FB-likes to get Fox to continue. I really do hope that Fox looks beyond the ratings - part of the show was broadcasted in probably the worst period ever for a new show to start: during the Winter Olympics, which isn’t a very fair kind of competition. The fact that the show was broadcasted in the wrong order didn’t get to me as much as it bothered some others, but admittedly it was a lot more logical when I reviewed the entire series in the correct order. The flow of the storyline and the development of the relationship between the main characters made a lot more sense and felt natural.

So I’ll end with yet again a plea. Fox, don’t pull a Firefly on us. Being deprived of a series with a fun theme, beautiful CGI, good characters and lots of room for growth, it is so wrong to end yet another series before its time.

I can hardly wait to read the good news. So Fox, announce the renewal of Almost Human, and... errrr.. a.s.a.p, if you’d be so kind?
47 Comments
Comments (47)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I totally agree. I kept hoping it would be renewed. My son and I didn't miss an episode of "Almost Human". Very upset that it is cancelled and Furious at Fox. This show is so much better than a lot of shows out there. Boooooooo FOX!
Flag
Completely agree with everything you said!
As soon as I found out "Almost Human" was cancelled, my first thought was "come on FOX, don't do what you did with Firefly here."
Flag
By pulling a Firefly do you mean becoming a huge cult-hit, getting a redic amount of finance to make a really-really successful movie several comic book sequels and a rabid fan-base that will continue to talk about and love the series for over a decade? Or do you mean FOX don't blow it again?
Flag
TheFza - you took the words right out of my mouth! Fox, read this: DON'T BLOW IT!
Flag
This show has so much potential, such great chemistry and possibilities to explore their world. I wish it got more respect from FOX.
Flag
Last I checked, the ratings were on par with the Following and the Following has already been renewed for a season 3 (which, whatever, ugh). That being said, it paled in comparison to Sleepy Hollow's success so Fox may be thinking "Well we could renew AH, but if we don't we have another slot to throw another new pilot into that could become Sleepy Hollow level ratings." This would be a mistake, look at the lifespans of the majority of new pilots - the likelihood of another breakout hit like SH is slim. You would think Fox would go with the "sure thing." At least unlike Firefly and other Fox shows that got the axe too soon, AH ended with what could be a series finale, there weren't too many loose ends, and no cliffhanger. I hope Fox makes the right call, though their past with scifi shows doesn't bode well.
Flag
More story more action and keep the bromance (for a better choice of words) the way it is Karl Urban and Michael Ealy where a great pick for the show. I know some episodes where not outstanding but it was these 2 guys that kept me tuning in every week "A Class Act".
Flag
I'm not sure if I can manage to firefly incidents in my lifetime :(
Flag
Agreed!
Flag
I called the Cancel axe before the show started, watched anyway, liked it, still do and now Fox you better renew or else we will kickstarter this... or will we...
Flag
I really enjoyed the firsts episodes but got the feeling at the end of the season that nothing really happened. I was expecting a little bit more from a 13-episode show and won't surprise me if FOX decides to cancel it. If they only had developed the main plot more....... It does have a lot of room to grow.
Flag
Its just a great TV series, its actually the only show that I currently WANT to watch from FOX. I can remember that was totally different. Guess they make more money with the TV shows nowadays.
Flag
I got very angry a while back when I saw that 'Being Human' was cancelled. Ashamed to say it took my brain a minute or too to realize it was the wrong show. This better not be cancelled!
Flag
When I saw that the series was being run out of order I could tell that FOX was trying to do the same thing with this show as it did with Firefly.
Flag
I really like it - sure it's a bit shaky, but it's still on season 1; Fox have to give it a chance.......I hope they do anyway. Will be very unhappy if they don't.
Flag
Loved it from minute one of episode one and despite the typically stupid decisions by Fox the whole season worked great for me, would be very disappointed if it gets cancelled, I can only hope that if Fox are so stupid they cancel it that some of the other options out there can rescue it similar to how Netflix/Lovefilm or other channels have rescued some shows.
Flag
The big problem is knowing about it. I don't know which cable channel is which and neither Amazon or Netflix does much outside advertising for their web based shows.
Flag
Futuristic stuff shown is impressive & Especially we never got a chance to see what's going on beyond "THE WALL",
my opinion is that FOX should not waste a show which has a lot of POTENTIAL as Almost Human... not only because i'd love to see Detective Valerie Stahl every week!!! ;) :D
Flag
Moral of All This: Don't Bother Watching Winter Olympics.. It sucks anyways!!
Flag
It seems sad to pull the plug on a show with so many open questions. If they keep the writing deep, and not go generic, the show could have so much potential......if they at least renew the show.
I can see it getting twisted....sick...dark. Which would be great. I hope to see it back.
Flag
Yes please. I won't loose any sleep if it get's cancelled, but I do agree, that there is so much potential, that it would be borderline criminal not to let us get more.
I think the reason I'm not 100% invested is, that they showed the episodes out of order. In Episode 8 whatshisname was in anger management group. I puzzled at that until I read that that episode was supposed to be no. 2 (which would have made perfect sense).
I really wonder who made the decision to shuffle the episode deck, and why.
Flag
Yeah, makes you wonder how the hell do they get their jobs as network execs if they screw up like that.
Flag
Almost Human was a bit of a slow starter for me, it only just passed my Four Episode Test thanks to the dynamic between Kennex and Dorian, but as the show went on it really started to explore plausible future technologies and ask some interesting moral and legal questions about the use of that technology. Then there were the plot points you mentioned in your article, all of which have piqued my interest - I just hope that they don't feel the need to tie them all together into some large, ridiculously overblown conspiracy. Add to that the great cast (mostly), very good quality CGI, good writing and mostly good dialogue and direction and I think the show has the makings of cult classic, it's certainly laid the ground-work, we just need Fox to have a little faith in the series - and it's fans. I think it would work out great on Friday's with Sleepy Hollow's 13 episode pre-Christmas run being replaced by an Almost Human post-Christmas 13 episode run.
Flag
YOur post made me pick up the phone and call my buddy. I have his cell and I figured he wouldn't mind on a Saturday afternoon.

He said he can't say much (of course). But what has been strange is there has been ZERO chatter about it. None. Like they are waiting to really figure out what they want to do. He agreed with me they are probably asking Bad Robot if they can make it with the Production Budget slashed. That is probably what the wait is. Wyman and Bad Robot trying to figure out if they can actually make a quality show from their vision and the $ FOX is willing to give.

Just thought you'd like the update. Great article.

Flag
Yeah, I think that's the way they'll go, sharing production costs like they did with Fringe in the end.
Flag
Thanks Ed for the update. Let's keep our fingers crossed!
Flag
Not sure if I can totally compare it to Firefly - because that was pulled really early and we never even saw the whole 1st season. There was some chatter the same would happen to AH, but I talked to a friend at FOX who said we were good - but for only 13 episodes. No back order. He was right. Currently he gives me the company line about "...being pleased with AH and the decision is being taken seriously". And really, just looking at the bare bones #s (Especially DVR/+7) the ratings are pretty solid considering what they were up against. Almost Human and The Following were always right there between a 1.6 - 2.0. And with sci-fi fans - it now has it's audience so the numbers can only get better.

IDK. I wouldn't be as pissed as I was with Firefly because at least FOX let it finish the 1/2 season. But you are so right - I will have similar feelings.
Flag
I love Almost Human. I've enjoyed every minute of every episode.

But...
Fox doesn't care about potential after 13 episodes. They care after episode 1, 2, even 3, but not beyond that. If the show didn't go up after that (seriously up), well...
Except for a few episodes, ratings sucked, and that's bad news when you are a show on season 1. I'm not in the U.S. so let me ask you guys, is the time slot the cause of low ratings? 8 PM doesn't seem to me as a good time slot for a show like this, it's more a 9 PM or even maybe 10 PM show on any other day.
Same way as this kind of show deserves a long season, not just 13 episodes.

Still, I don't think they'll pull a Firefly on us... I think they'll pull a Dollhouse on us (renew it for a 2nd season and send it to die on Fridays).
Flag
I would guarantee if it comes back - it will be in the Friday Death Slot (c)
Flag
I would not call myself a fan but I would watch it if it gets a second season.
Flag
absolutely bring it back. And if Fox doesn't want it get another group to take it. It is one of the best shows I have seen in ages. I like most things syfy so listen to the people.
Flag
scifi channel would be a good fit. We need to monitor closely to find out about it though. It needs a good advertising push to let people know the show is still alive. a DVR might find it but a standard search wouldn't
Flag
yes... ASAP please !
Flag
Follow this Show
Members