An Almost Human Community
FOX (ended 2014)

Hey remember all those ads that ran just yesterday during football about the premiere of Fox's Almost Human on November 4? Well pretend those never happened! Fox has decided to delay the premiere of the big-budget J.J. Abrams sci-fi series for two weeks because... well, we're still trying to figure that out. 

Almost Human will now debut with a two-night mega premiere starting on Sunday, November 17 at 8pm, in order to take advantage of a Fox NFL doubleheader (on the East Coast, at least). The series' second episode will air the following night, on Monday, November 18 at 8pm, in the show's regular time slot. This also means that Bones will remain on Monday nights for two extra weeks through November 11 and slide back to Fridays starting November 15 at 8pm (that shift was initially supposed to happen on November 8). The Season 4 premiere of Raising Hope has also been pushed back to November 15 at 9pm.

Fox has high hopes for Almost Human, which stars Karl Urban and Michael Ealy as buddy cops in the future. The sci-fi twist? Ealy's character is an android. Almost Human is the follow-up project to Fringe for showrunner J.H. Wyman, and also stars Mackenzie Crook, Minka Kelly, and Lily Taylor. I've seen the pilot and it's not the best, but the premise and world created by Wyman has me committed to watching at least a half-dozen episodes because I'm confident it will get better.

Why would Fox delay the series after spending so much time hammering home the November 4 premiere with ads? Well... maybe because the network did some research and figured the series needed more time for promotion? Maybe someone figured putting it behind football would get it off to a better start? Maybe Fox president Kevin Reilly got a fortune cookie that said 'Bad things are coming to you on November 4'? I don't know. But changing a premiere date for a big launch this late in the game usually means something is up. Theorize in the comments!

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 3/3/2014

Season 1 : Episode 13

69 Comments
Comments (69)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I fear for a Fox series that they can't even air in the proper order - building your universe with logical progression versus leaps back and forth in the what should be natural growth (at least with the partnership between synthetic and human partners). At least Fox did it kill it in 1, this time.
Flag
Look ... Simple fact... I don't care when it airs as LONG AS IT AIRS!!!! I LOVED the Pilot, I loved Skin (Episode 2) and I think Karl Urban and Michael Ealy play well off each other and the facial expressions they give eachother are great! Many people where unsure when Buffy the Vampire Slayer started? What? A 15 year old superhero vamire killer?? NO WAY!! But OMG in Heaven how many seasons did that last?!? Then what happens Angel get banished and a spinoff is born for another crazy amount of seasons. Years later, along comes Elementry, and the people say " a modern day Sherlock Holmes? It will never last ... Why? Many said the show started out slow OR he's a addict who LOVES his whores (to me that's entertainment :) ) Just admit ya'll were Wrong!!! THAT"S why ya'll kept watching!!! ya'll didn't want to say "Hey, Hush It's FAB!!!

Now, this season there's good'ol Ichabod Crane who wakes up 250yrs later in the small town that I am very much aquainted and lo'n behold the damn Headless Horsemen (Death) wakes up with him! ... WHAT? Talk about craziness and WHY is he awake with Mr. Crane?? Talk about crazy, because when Ichabod chopped Death's head off, and Death sliced Ichabod in 1/2 (from hip to hip) their blood got intertwinded ... its ridiculous, I know!!, but haven't we learned to accept the ridiculous in TV now-a-days??

As I read the comments below, and I do understand many were geared toward when`Almost Human` would start and would it stay on FOX or should it be on SYFY secondary to its content. I also read on another site that and being that`Bones` had to be delayed to Friday nites, should it be moved back to Mondays and move`Almost Human` to Fridays as opposed to its right now Monday slot ... Oy!! The confusion over a TV show ... now that's ridiculous ~ Look whether Almost Human is on Mondays or Fridays, I don't care ... it's a great show, a fun show, with some mystery that makes you think " how did they do that? " because let me tell you, I've been in the nursing industry going on almost 30years, we can grow and use body organs, cartilage, and skin. We mechanically make and use heart valves, insert pain and insulin pumps into patients. Orthopedics is constantly coming up with new materials to do/ replace limbs/bone, rods and back cages ... Lastly, Neuro devising new technologies to help with Parkinsons, Altzheimers, Autisum and to help with those patients who have lost any of their abilities, meaning emotion, touch, smell, taste. So if you think about it,
just how far do you think `Almost Human` really is?? We just need to give it a chance.
More+
Flag
They spent so much on marketing that date, it just amazes me how Fox could mess things up before it even starts. Once the show airs they will wonder why they don't have the ratings it should, not realizing they have a million people who tuned in 2 weeks earlier to watch and bailed when they saw the giant screw up and didn't bother to tune in on the real air date and decided to just wait for the Blu-Ray or digital download, which is great and all but nothing is better than actual air time ratings on network TV. So way to go again FOX!
Flag
It's possible the reason lies with Bones. The network could be trying to boost the show's ratings as much as possible by keeping it on Mondays during sweeps. It's also possible that FOX is concerned with how Almost Human will perform and wants to use Bones to help boost it's ratings during sweeps.
Flag
My guess? They think that the scifi nature may scare off too many viewers, so they want to try to get in as many non-scifi people as possible by placing it after football. Because, yknow, according to studio execs, people who watch football cannot be scifi dorks.
Flag
Which is why I find it so confusing that they have wrestling on the SyFy channel.
Flag
LOL on the fortune cookie :)
Flag
I think it's obvious..... Tim has already said it (although may not be aware).

If the feedback on the pilot has not been great, then they probably wanted to reschedule so that more people are likely to watch two episodes before deciding.
Flag
This show sounds an awful lot like Total Recall 2070, which I believe lasted only one season.
Flag
Ok, getting pushed back is never a good sign...but maybe this rescheduling will work out in the end. Having 2 consecutive days of episodes is not a bad idea to launch a new series. I'm also glad FOX was smart enough to keep the Nov. 17 time at 8pm. If they had chosen 9pm it would be up against The Walking Dead. The regular Monday timeslot will create a 2 hour block of sci-fi/fantasy with Almost Human & Sleepy Hollow. Then I can change stations and watch The Blacklist at 10pm. Monday night TV is looking pretty good!
Flag
humpf
Flag
Well I heard whispers of some legal trouble and they have yet to quite settle things with the Estate of Issac Asimov. A detective in the not too distant future who is a bit of a technophobe particularly when it comes to robots is more or less the premised of Asimov's The Caves of Steel. There are lines from the trailer that look almost ripped right out of the book. They just made their robot simulating a different race. If I remember correctly- and it has been about 20 years since I read it- Daneel's creator was vaguely Russian Jewish immigrant (much like Asimov himself) and he was created to look just like him.
Flag
is there a way for us to see the pilot now?
Flag
Aaw was looking forward to more Karl Urban! Just have to wait I guess, looking forward to this show for ages. I hope it's as good as Fringe.
Flag
Maybe it needs tinkering because it looks, from the ads, like a dud. There isn't a single person in the cast that makes it must see or even want to see. Weekly cop procedural with sci fi element? FOX keeps going to this tree the roots are going to wilt. They hit on 'Sleepy Hollow' but hitting twice with the combination sci fi/police procedural on the same network in the same year is never going to happen. They definitely made the right choice rolling out 'Sleepy Hollow' first. 'Almost Human' is most certainly going to bomb. Odds against it succeeding are quite staggering.
Flag
I thought it was because of Sleepy Hollow at first (finish it's run) but now I think FOX might not have enough faith behind this one.

Flag
awwh what this was the series I was most looking forward to this season (well apart from Grimm starting again) bad network grr.
Flag
Don't listen to Tim, I saw the pilot at the NYCC and its really good. Gutted they're moving it back two weeks but maybe this will mean less hiatus breaks during the series?
Flag
Sounds like the pilot made the rounds at all the major conventions (San Diego, NYCC, Fan Expo...). With all that feedback I'm sure the network must have a handle on what viewer reaction will be like. I'm hoping this series does well. I like Karl Urban and network TV really needs some scifi to succeed.
Flag
Its so glorious sci-fi. Like a shot in the arm. I mean, I love all my witches, werewolves and headless horsemen, but it was wonderful to watch something purely sci-fi again. Haven't had that for ages.
Flag
I really want this show to do well, so I'm going to look at this from a positive viewpoint and say that hopefully the Football numbers boost Almost Human and then it retains a good amount of those viewers for Monday!
Flag
This can be looked at as a positive and as a smart move by Fox.
Week 11 of the NFL season is really a major point in the season where ratings will be peaking as certain teams will be securing playoff spots.

Also, both Seattle and New Orleans (arguably the top 2 teams this year), are both playing midday on Sunday.

If you look at the standings and probable viewers, this actually makes sense and will expose Almost Human to a much bigger audience.

I believe they used a similar strategy for Terminator: SCC.
Flag
My prediction was always that FOX would only have enough room for (or maybe really only wanted one in the first place) a successful genre show that gets a lot of buzz and possibly even critical attention, aka the Fringe replacement (although Fringe being deemed a success may be pushing it).

Regardless, Sleepy Hollow got the head start and is, I think, already everything FOX could have wanted from said genre show. FOX has 24 coming back soon enough and they'll want to have a lot of money to play with for that, so unless Bones ends this season, I can't Almost Human being renewed.

That being said, Gang Related and Rake are another two mid-season shows FOX will be airing, and I doubt either of these will be more successful than Almost Human (although I'm thinking, like with Sleepy Hollow and Almost Human, that they're aiming to keep one and cancel the other when the time comes). I think the only way for Almost Human to make it is for these two shows to fail spectaculary, which is entirely possible.
Flag
In short they made a mess of it.
But I have been waiting for this so I will give it a chance.
Then again networks have it in for scifi shows just look what they did with SGA (I know people won't agree with me here) just because they pushed that wannabe SGU and the fans did not take to it they pulled the plug on Atlantis to teach us a lesson. A lot of shows got cut because of some wannabe official ratings drop one maybe 2 weeks next thing we hear it's gone. too bad networks have more money than brains.
Flag
Almost Human Almost may not premiere...hopefully it lasts unlike Tera Nova which wasnt that bad
Flag
Nooooo I was looking forward for this one and it keeps on not starting.
Flag
In the sea of mediocrity that was the new network shows selection, Almost Human sounded promising... Delaying does not instil confidence in viewers who have already seen too many ambitious shows meeting an early demise without proper conclusion. But it may be nothing? As much as networks can't be trusted with SciFi in particular, at least Fox did keep Fringe on air for 5 seasons in spite of pretty dire ratings...
Flag
Save Almost Human!!! If we start the campaign now, we will have enough force behind us that when Fox cancels it after the 4th episode, it can be saved or moved to another network. Please help spread the word!
Flag
Almost Human will be the next firefly canceled after 3/4 eps at this rate! Damnit I wanted Sci-Fi to come back!! That Marvel show also was a big disapointement! :(
Flag
So not fun that they delayed the premiere.. :/ Whyyyy...so waited for this :P
Flag
The delay can mean a lot of things but it's Fox so it's probably not a good sign.
Flag
Well, that's disappointing. I'm really looking forward to Almost Human.
Flag
So Fox has lost faith in Almost Human, that's not good. My guess is the show wasn't testing with high enough visibility or understanding, so now they're trying not to derail Sunday animation's built-in audience but trying to steal that audience's attention for this thing. They're throwing away some money by doing this but at least it's a risk they're willing to make on the show. If they think the NFL audience is going to follow this thing, they're sorely mistaken.

That recommendation that you're going to watch because it seems like it'll get better has me worried, that's how the marketing materials have felt since day one: ok, not that great, could have promise. I tell you this much though, this show has NO word of mouth anymore, not positive and not negative, so they need to get it back.
Flag
i think every news from FOX should start with this song , because similar to this song they are crazy

Flag
Ughh, I was really looking forward to seeing this. All the trailers during the Red Sox game were getting me excited.
Flag
This and intelligence really looking forward to.
Flag
I saw the pilot episode at San Diego Comic-Con. I liked it the best out of all of the pilots that I saw there.
Flag
Booo. Almust human is one of my top new-shows-I-can't-wait-to-see. I really hope that this isn't foreshadowing of direness.
Flag
The two week delay allows for sufficient amounts of executive meddling! They're still trying to figure out how overload the pilot with exposition for kindergarteners, and the best way to air the episodes completely out of order.
Flag
I'll blame this on someone, somewhere at FOX, over-thinking something trivial, probably about product placement or ad revenue or "synergy."
ugh FOX, you are worse than NBC (but it's a real close race)
Flag
Ad revenue? I'll bet Jamie Kellner is behind this...somehow.
Flag
Time for superstition!

The number four being unlucky should speak for itself, so the pilot premiering on the fourth of November probably seemed like a no-no for the Fox people more influenced by Asian linguistics. Meanwhile, one week later would be the eleventh of November (11/11 or 11:11), which evokes synchronicity, so that's also risky.

Yes, I just pulled numbers out of my ass.
Flag
Booooooo! I was looking forward to this one. I'm guessing it's not going to get 22 episodes or it's going to go way into summer shows?
Flag
Sleepy hollow will keep me entertained by the time Almost human
Flag
Jeez. All this schedule shuffling is ridiculous.
Flag
As long as Sleepy Hollow comes back on November 4, I'm perfectly content waiting a few more weeks.
Flag
Sleepy Hollow only has 12-13 episodes this season, but recently was given a second season. More than likely the same amount of episodes unless they change there minds until then.
Flag
Yeah, I actually thought that was a pretty good idea.
Flag
Why is everything getting pushed back? And they're all shows I want to watch. Someone somewhere is fucking with me.
Flag
Weak new programming and poor ongoing scheduling has left audiences confused and disappointed with this season, so there's a lot more shuffling than usual to try to fix the mistakes these networks are making.
Flag
my bad
Flag
Lord of Light as my witness I will exact my revenge on you, Grumpyclown!
Flag
I have a failsafe.
If I am harmed all networks shall air Here Comes Honey Boo Boo al the time....Forever!!!!

MWHAHAHAHAHAHA....
Flag
Damn you, Grumpyclown, you've foiled me once again! Is there no end to your wickedness?!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members