An Almost Human Community
FOX (ended 2014)

Hey remember all those ads that ran just yesterday during football about the premiere of Fox's Almost Human on November 4? Well pretend those never happened! Fox has decided to delay the premiere of the big-budget J.J. Abrams sci-fi series for two weeks because... well, we're still trying to figure that out. 

Almost Human will now debut with a two-night mega premiere starting on Sunday, November 17 at 8pm, in order to take advantage of a Fox NFL doubleheader (on the East Coast, at least). The series' second episode will air the following night, on Monday, November 18 at 8pm, in the show's regular time slot. This also means that Bones will remain on Monday nights for two extra weeks through November 11 and slide back to Fridays starting November 15 at 8pm (that shift was initially supposed to happen on November 8). The Season 4 premiere of Raising Hope has also been pushed back to November 15 at 9pm.

Fox has high hopes for Almost Human, which stars Karl Urban and Michael Ealy as buddy cops in the future. The sci-fi twist? Ealy's character is an android. Almost Human is the follow-up project to Fringe for showrunner J.H. Wyman, and also stars Mackenzie Crook, Minka Kelly, and Lily Taylor. I've seen the pilot and it's not the best, but the premise and world created by Wyman has me committed to watching at least a half-dozen episodes because I'm confident it will get better.

Why would Fox delay the series after spending so much time hammering home the November 4 premiere with ads? Well... maybe because the network did some research and figured the series needed more time for promotion? Maybe someone figured putting it behind football would get it off to a better start? Maybe Fox president Kevin Reilly got a fortune cookie that said 'Bad things are coming to you on November 4'? I don't know. But changing a premiere date for a big launch this late in the game usually means something is up. Theorize in the comments!

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 3/3/2014

Season 1 : Episode 13

69 Comments
Follow this Show
Members