An Almost Human Community
FOX (ended 2014)
Fox seems to get many great shows with potential but they have people make decisions about things who have no business making certain decisions. This show has a great future if they just let the people who make the show get the story out the correct way and not to only fulfill this weeks ratings. These types of stories need time to blossom and once they do there is no limit to their success. If the execs just let these types of shows play out, in the end they will have their ratings and also many many Blu-Ray sales to boot and also a few movies if they really want to milk it. My question is do you think the execs and Showrunners can play well together on this show and get it to the heights it is capable of achieving? DO THE RIGHT THING FOX! Please? Oh please Do Not, under any circumstances, air these out of order like you so often do.
Comments (10)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Well it turns out Fox is up to its old tricks, airing the show out of order like it does with many Sci-Fi shows. Hopefully this doesn't destroy this show as it did with others, but they are not on the same page as the writers since they think they know better than the people who write the material. It is sad to see Fox do this time and time again and not learn it screws up the story and shows no faith in the people who create these wonderful stories. When will they learn from past mistakes? The show still has a chance thanks to the good acting and nice CGI.
Flag
What FOX shows were aired out of order (where it mattered)?
Flag
Well Firefly and Sliders are two I can recall aired out of order without actually checking but I know there are more. And it always matters because there is a story arc that gets completely screwed up when messed with and it shows no faith in writers to ignore what they write. Imagine reading a book where someone in your house screwed around and moved chapters around without you knowing and while reading the book you have no clue what is going on because the explanation hasn't been read yet since it's in a later chapter now, so you toss the book and don't understand why everyone loves this book so much.
Flag
The question should be: What Fox shows airing during the current management (since 2007) were aired out of order (where it mattered)? Or even: What Fox shows airing during the current management were unreasonable mistreated??
Flag
Well looks like they answered the question for me, Fox aired Almost Human out of order already lol. So much for your argument.
Flag
Fringe
Flag
They kept Fringe on the air because they knew they would make a ton of cash on Blu-Ray sales. Anyway this is an Almost Human Discussion.
Flag
so.... one show, over 7 years? One show, that Fox twice renewed (and also gave a proper sendoff to) despite ratings that anyone with the slightest insight in TV business would see as reason enough for a quick cancellation.
It's not mistreating not give an underperforming show a tricky spot in the schedule - it's common sense.
As a Fringe fan, I'm happy that the Fox executives had such love for the series, and let it stay on air for a remarkable run. More than anything, it show respect for the viewers.
Flag
Well let's see, show i loved that they cancelled:

1. Alien Nation- so popular that they did five tv movies, to wrap up the story.
2. Brimstone- number 19 requested on shows not on DVD. Peter Horton and John Glover had great chemistry as the Devil and his bounty hunter.
3. Sliders- they tried to kill it after only one season. But a write-in campaign saved it. So they ruined it in season 3, then cancelled it. SyFy picked it up and ruined what was left.
4. Friday the 13th (the series)- great first season, then they ruined it too. Cancelled after 2 seasons.
5. War of the Worlds- same as Friday the 13th.
6. Point Pleasant- by a co-creator of Buffy. It started out a teen gothic beach soap. But after 4 episodes, they got rid of the soapy parts, and turned into a decent supernatural thriller.
7. Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles- one of the top watched shows on Hulu, and Fox dot com, at the time.
8. And of course, Firefly- the worst mistake Fox ever made.
Flag
All I can say is I AGREE WITH YOU 100%.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members