An Almost Human Community
FOX (ended 2014)

Gee, do you think Fox really wants its upcoming sci-fi drama Almost Human to be a hit? I'm pretty sure the show's title and premiere date (November 17) is printed on the baseballs being used in the World Series, because Fox can't promote the show enough during its broadcasts. 

Enough of the limited-info commercials though, what's the show REALLY like? Well, for all of you out there with access to online-streaming site Hulu (read: sorry, non-U.S. residents!), you can now watch the first almost-eight minutes of the pilot online. The extended clip will introduce you to John Kennex (Karl Urban) as he returns to duty as a flesh-and-blood future cop who doesn't take kindly to being teamed up with a standard-issue robot cop partner. Ready, set... WATCH!

QUESTIONS:

– How about that sweet-looking future created by showrunner J.H. Wyman (Fringe) and producer J.J. Abrams?

– Will John Kennex ever NOT be grumpy?

– Would you go speeding down the freeway in a glorified tire? 

– Does the name J.J. Abrams still mean anything to you?

– Will you marry me, Minka Kelly?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 3/3/2014

Season 1 : Episode 13

50 Comments
Comments (50)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I'm Canadian, no problem watching Hulu...
Get Hotspot Shield for protection and in bonus you can watch anything streamed only in the USA like Hulu or the Daily Show, or some news or whatever.
Flag
As I am in SciFi and in human relations, I certainly will try it. I do not have grande hopes of enourmweously intelligent stories, but good acting, sgood stories and some kind of arc will do fine.
Flag
I do not want to spoil myself!
It's like unwrapping all Xmas presents playing with them for 30 min and then having to wrap them up again and wait till Xmas!! Are you MAD???
Flag
I have looked in youtube, but I cannot find any version of this.
Flag
Look down at addicted_87's comment. It worked for me.
Flag
once again, I miss out because I'm not in America
Flag
look down at my previous comment! might help you out!
Flag
Why is hulu a racist??
Flag
Going to follow this one for sure!
Flag
If I got a penny for every time I saw Karl Urban smile, it would take a few million years before I get to a dollar.
Flag
I'm giving this show a try - John Kennex, Michael Ealy and Minka Kelly. It will share my Mondays with Sleepy Hollow.
Flag
Even though I've read reviews that the pilot isn't outstanding, I have high hopes. With Wyman in charge I have a feeling he'll building everything up slowly but surely. Season one may drag, but season 2 will be special if it makes it that far.

Based off of these few minutes, it seems average but I feel potential. I trust Wyman. Anyone feel a Fringe homage with that butterfly?
Flag
I'm so looking forward to this but i'm also worried that it might get axed before anything happens because not too many people are into sci-fi shows.
Flag
I don't know how many remember Mann and Machine but I enjoyed that show with a hot robot trying to be as human as she could be. Won't go into the hotness of the robot here, tho I have no problem with other guys that do but I do hope that if this is similar in story that the style is gritty and grim at times. Maybe if the robot ends up more human that real people while the people are out to slaughter each other being less than human. I am just not a rainbows and unicorn kind of happy guy. Why I loved BSG so much more than BSG80's.
Flag
Can someone post a propper youtube link?
Flag
It's already been said a few million times before, and a picture is worth a thousand words, so...

Flag
So?
Flag
Noooooooo. Why can't I ever watch these things?
Flag
See below, there is a solution in Chrome. Because of your name I suppose your also Dutch (as I am) and it worked fine for me.
Flag
If the question is really "Will John Kennex/Eomer/Bones ever NOT be grumpy?", the answer is "No/No/No".
Flag
Tim??

"Does the name J.J. Abrams still mean anything to you?"

Come again? Wasn't Fringe enough? Wasn't that long ago.
Flag
I think i more excited to see who will turn up to be "more human". The grumpy guy (who from the trailer its revealed he has a prosthetic leg) and an android who was designed to be as human as possible...i am rooting for the android. From the trailer he seems like he is in touch with his sensitive bone.
8 mins only and i think i like the future (whenever) this show is supposed set on.
J.J Abrams, Yes..
Flag
I'm still not sure about the concept of this show (robots behaving like humans with emotion etc. is a premise that I can't quite wrap my brain around, even though I know that most TV shows and movies require some suspension of belief), but I do really like the clip shown. It has a very movie-like feel to it and the actors seem great. I also like that it isn't entirely futuristic (ie the presence of cars) which allows the series to feel that much more real. Definitely intrigued!
Flag
For us UKer's there's a google chrome extension called Media Hint. Video works perfectly after installing it. Perfect. Looking forward to this!!
Flag
Omigosh.. I'm watching from Singapore and IT WORKED! You're a lifesaver!
Flag
It worked!! thanks so much for commenting about this! It's so annoying sharing a border with a country but not allowed to watch the majority of their videos!!
Flag
Will that work for Canada as well?
Flag
It worked. I used it. Looks good I must say
Flag
Should work for you too yeah. Good luck :)
Flag
Probably. 95% sure. I'm from Holland and I use it mainly for watching U.S Netflix. It also works with firefox.
Flag
Worked for me from Holland also (in Chrome), didn't know how to get it working in Firefox.
Flag
Thanks. I'm from Barbados and it works for me too.
Flag
Okay, so here are my initial thoughts on those five minutes:
– Most important: I don't know at which year in the future the show takes place, but I'm really glad people still listen to Depeche Mode then.
– I wonder if the Android has emotions (and if that's what makes him crazy).
– I think I'd rather have a Hoverboard than a glorified tire.
– Yes, that name still means something to me...
Flag
-The emotions part
I think what the "tech-doc" said more or less...."the android" have unexpected emotional responses...considered crazy coz some of his siblings (the DRN series) had difficulties dealing with their emotive regulation.
Flag
I can totally relate to that ;-)
Flag
Staff
no
Flag
Follow this Show
Members