An Almost Human Community
FOX (ended 2014)
poll
Comments (26)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
They already messed up the order does anyone know the real order
Flag
While I understand the frustration due to Fox's mistreating of Firefly, I fail to understand why it should cause alarm amongst viewers anticipating Almost Human. Firefly was 11 years ago, when Kevin Reilly was at FX (launching The Shield, Nip/Tuck et al) and Fox had an almost entirely different management then today.
Honestly I think Fox has a great track record from the last 6 years (since Reilly's joining) of following through and earning the respect of the fans of it's show - including genre shows.
Fringe's run is the prime example, of course, and long runners 24, House and Prison Break, were all given the chance to wrap up, and there is hardly causes for fans of Glee or Bones to feel neglected.

Fans of Lie to Me, The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Dollhouse, Human Target, and Touch might complain about their shows not getting a longer lives, but the cancellations of these series WERE understandable, from a rating POV - in more than one of these cases one might even say Fox did more than enough to please the fans buy allowing a second season renewal.

And then there is the failed, one-season-only shows... while New Amsterdam, Lone Star, Alcatraz, Terra Nova, The Finder etc. have their fans, they also have their flaws... and I can't really find anything to suggest that the network, rather than the production teams (or the viewers, for not turning in) were to blame.

Regarding comedies, its true that Fox has had a hard time finding something that would fly, outside animation. I don't think anyone would say 'Til Death or Breaking In wasn't given any chances though....

With that said - it sure IS possible that I'm overlooking some of Fox's Crimes Against Viewers from the last years, in which case I'm happy to be informed :)
More+
Flag
Different management, same result! Fox hasn't waited long to change the order on insists they know the story better than the writers. It seems this track record you speak of has been broken and they once again dishonor the creators.
Flag
You say the handling of Fringe was good? I can see your point if you leave out Fringe because that show was handled horribly, no one knew when the show would air. They changed their minds with Fringe so many times I (and many others according to this site) were afraid to get committed because of the uncertainty. While the show was amazing, the handling of the show was a nightmare. You do not recall the day changing, time changing and multiple times there was talk of cancelling the show entirely. As the poll was mainly done for humor, I did aim it at the shortcomings of managements ability to manage their Sci-Fi shows correctly over the years.
Flag
yup - the handling of Fringe was really good. At least from a viewer's point of view. From a business pov (and we have to remember that US network TV mainly is about selling commercial time, not creating good TV), one has good reason to claim that Fringe shouldn't have gone beyond season 3, with the ratings it pulled. However as a Fringe fan (well, at least of the first 4 season, didn't care that much for season 5) I praise Fox's devotion to the show. And no - I honestly don't recall any day changing, more than the usual for network TV - what are you referring to? Nor was there any indication that there were more talk of canceling the show than with any other bubble show (I'm of course assuming you aren't referring to the discussion on entertainment websites etc.)
Flag
Fringe changed Days and air time at least 3 times and the actors were the ones who said they believed the show would be cancelled a number of times. The show made it by the noise made by the shows staff and actors and also its fan base but the last 2 seasons were under much stress to them all. All I am saying is I hope if this show is good they treat it like other networks treat their good shows and not Foxs usual nonsense. If you think Fringe was handled well then there is nothing I can say to make you think otherwise because that is your opinion and everyone is entitled to theirs.
Flag
If Firefly is anything to go by, they'll start with the season finale, then haphazardly work their way back to the Pilot, using the ensuing confusion as an excuse to prematurely cancel the show before anybody even has any clue that what they are watching is pure televised gold.
Flag
No doubt
Flag
Exactly.
Flag
true story
Flag
Confused? What do you mean by the right order?
Is this a Firefly type issue?
Flag
Yeh. Fox aired the Firefly episodes out of order, and didn't even air the Pilot until the end of the show's run. Among FOX's various "reasons" they said the people found the show confusing and it didn't make sense, and that must be the reason for the low ratings.

Not that the show had an intricate story-line relying on the order of episodes. But when you throw all of the intro episodes at the end where they introduce the characters and say what's going on... that's obviously gonna confuse people.
Flag
Scheduling and order are two different things.
Flag
I hope so, FOX is terrible at scheduling.
Flag
I am very worried about this show in general. However, the fact that FOX abuses all of its shows adds an extra degree of worry to my already full list of Almost Human concerns. I naively hope that they've learned a good lesson after what they did with Fringe by throwing it around their schedule.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members