Almost Human Forums

FOX (ended 2014)

Episodes Aired Out Of Order (Correct order listed)

OdumC

[1]Feb 10, 2014
    • level: 8

Most sources claim that the order doesn't really matter, but it really does.

in later aired episodes they're still learning about each other while some of the first aired episodes they act like they're well used to each others quirks. other things like personal relationships also seem choppy. this might account for some of the criticism that this is receiving. if you have an opportunity to binge watch, try them in their actual order instead of release order for a better experience and continuity.

This is a list of how they aired but how they're actually supposed to be to date:

• 1.01 Pilot (#1.01)

• 1.02 "Skin"- (#1.05)

• 1.03 "Are You Receiving" – (#1.06)

• 1.04 "The Bends" – (#1.07)

• 1.05 "Blood Brothers" – (#1.08)

• 1.06 "Arrhythmia" – (#1.03)

• 1.07 "Simon Says" – (#1.10)

• 1.08 "You Are Here" - (#1.02)

• 1.09 "Unbound" - (#1.09)

• 1.10 "Perception" - (#1.04)

• 1.11 "Disrupt" - (#1.11)

Edited on 02/10/2014 8:28pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

antdude

[2]Feb 10, 2014
    • level: 27
    Ugh. This is going to be like Firefly. :/

OdumC

[3]Feb 10, 2014

antdude wrote:
    Ugh. This is going to be like Firefly. :/

Yeah if you notice on the latest one he's arguing with Dorian and setting ground rules still (Don't ever tell people where I am) and back to thinking about the explosion from the pilot and that all should have been handled earlier in the series.

meanwhile in an earlier one he's cozying up to the female detective yet in the later ones acts like she's a stranger.

Not sure what their definition of "order doesn't matter, shouldn't mess up the continuity" but it differs vastly from mine.

got the list from http://seriable.com/almost-human-episodes-airing-order/

zenobiabeulah

[4]Mar 26, 2014
    • level: 1

OdumC: Thank you! Not that I wouldn't be a fan of Almost Human without the proper order, but I'm sure there are some people riding that cusp. btw - that site must have updated their list of episodes. I checked because I thought there were 13 episodes rather than 11.

antdude: I agree, this show reminds me a lot of Firefly, and I told them as much. I doubt if anyone will read it, but I couldn't just let it happen without even trying something - anything!

Updated order:

1.01 Pilot (#1.01)

1.02 "Skin"- (#1.05)

1.03 "Are You Receiving" – (#1.06)

1.04 "The Bends" – (#1.07)

1.05 "Blood Brothers" – (#1.0. (I don't know why there is an emoticon with sunglasses, I didn't put it there. I tried to remove it, but it still shows up after I submitted this comment.)

1.06 "Arrhythmia" – (#1.03)

1.07 "Simon Says" – (#1.10)

1.08 "You Are Here" – (#1.02)

1.09 "Unbound" – (#1.09)

1.10 "Perception" – (#1.04)

1.11 "Disrupt" – (#1.11)

1.12 "Beholder" – (#1.12)

1.13 "Straw Man" – (#1.13) [SEASON FINALE]

Originally posted: http://seriable.com/almost-human-episodes-airing-order/#ixzz2x5MZ6dl5

Edited on 03/26/2014 9:24am

OdumC

[5]Apr 11, 2014
    yeah I stopped listing where the order had sorted itself out

rpgspree

[6]May 4, 2014
    • level: 13

Fox screwed up yet another show by airing it out of order. This time however, Almost Human's producers take part of the blame. They should have made the story tighter and followed through with the plot threads they started. Instead, they made the show a bit too episodic. They wasted time on procedural police cases that largely had no impact on the character stories or any of the running plots. This gave the Fox execs too much leeway to screw with episode order, which they've proven to be clueless in handling.

I think that it should be damn clear to anyone by now that if you want to put your show on Fox you either make it almost entirely episodic. thus immune to Fox's ineptitude (Simpsons), or make a serial with episodes so tightly bound that the execs can't wedge their claws between them (24). Continuum would be a great example of how Almost Human should have been handled, every story must advance a major plot thread in some way.

OdumC

[7]May 9, 2014
    Yeah I really blame Fox for this with their "order doesn't matter" that undoubtedly lost some viewers thinking this show is so all over the place it's not worth watching.

Hopefully it gets picked up by a network that knows how to handle sci-fi, as it really was one of my few "Must See" shows.