Almost Human Forums

Monday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

plot holes and or daft stuff that happens.

ltcomstella

[1]Nov 18, 2013
    • level: 17

in the opening 'ambush' how does john survive the grenade/incendary device at his 'foot' ?

johns 'mx' doesn't come back and save him after that splosion.

police of the future don't do body scans of perps ??

suddenly the police run out of mx's ? what if one is suddenly needed when none can be spared ?

why is it with all that glass in the station none of it is bullet proof ??

apparently with all that tech none of the police spot dudes on the roof with lots of equipment ??

no alarms sound when the air conditioning is being tampered with ??

all that tech is susceptible to emps? surely advance tech 101 is use emp shielding ??

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Linc-o

[2]Nov 30, 2013
    • level: 13
    It's fiction. Even better, it's science-fiction. There's no such thing as "plot holes".

ZekkJedi

[3]Dec 12, 2013
    • level: 8
    Linc-o wrote:
    It's fiction. Even better, it's science-fiction. There's no such thing as "plot holes".

Fail.

On behalf of all intelligent people who watch/read Science Fiction I'd like to say that that statement is, and always will be, the stupidest excuse of lazy writers in this or any other genre.

"Suspension of disbelief" is not carte blanche to write dumber, if anything maintaining said suspension of disbelief requires smarter writing. Too many plot holes or failures of actual science in the script take you out of the fantasy/story.

To the OP, yeah I had all those same questions and more, and most of them will no doubt never be answered. [and/or we'll see the obvious uses of protective technologies you mentioned used at some point in future eps and they'll never be any comment on their previous absence, and we'll watch them vanish again as the plot "demands" ]

Though on the 1st two you list, it made me think that perhaps the MX(s) were in some way compromised and were in fact the cause of the leaks/ambush, but no...just bad, lazy writing :/

Plus-side ep5 finally did do something with MXs being compromised security, which is one of the many reasons that episode was my favorite so far

Frido

[4]Mar 31, 2014
    • level: 4

Part of it s that they will be expanding on it they need to have some base plot line to work with ( John getting his memories back from the time of the ambush).

Edited on 03/31/2014 4:38pm