Almost Human

The Bends

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Dec 02, 2013 on FOX

• Almost Human?

I think the problem with this show is that it doesn't really take advantage of the fact that one of the protagonists is an android. If you take away the few future window dressings, this is essentially just a buddy cop show. This time they find corruption in the police and set a trap for a drug dealer. Nothing we haven't seen a hundred times before in other cop shows. Ok, so the chemistry between the two leads is great and they are some funny scenes, but where are the questions the title of the show dangles before us: what it means to be human. Dorian is an android, but this isn't used at all in asking questions about humanity, the development of AIs and what this means for human beings and for the rights of the AIs themselves. There is a lot of missed opportunity here.
  • Yet another brilliantly funny episode!

Yet another brilliantly funny episode! Kennex and Dorian set out to prove the innocence of a dead 'dirty cop' who was an old friend of Kennex, and Rudy gets to get out of the lab and go under cover.
  • Why do they need a human cook?

5.5
    If android's can be cops, can't they cook?

And why do they need to drive, we have self driving cars today, so there's a good chance that in 35 years it will be the standard.

This show is not well written. They should learn from continuum which try to predict the future much more originally