Alphas Forums

Syfy (ended 2012)

gary realistic ?

ltcomstella

[1]Aug 9, 2011
    • level: 18

i'm finding gary a bit hard to like/ feel comfortable watching with his various quirks

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Sugar2U

[2]Aug 10, 2011
    • level: 9
    U should watch the true life story of Temple Grandin. (possibly spelt wrong) Anyways really showed what a high functioning high I Q Autisitc person thinks and feels. Personaly I think he is funny and interaction with the rest makes for interesting charactor.

mattgus

[3]Aug 23, 2011
    • level: 14
    he is perfect in many ways...almost like they are using a real person.(except for the ability ofcourse) but he is very savant-like....and the actor id incrediable...

recon04

[4]Sep 23, 2011
    • level: 1
    i know and have met quite a few people with many different mental "disabilities" and im surprised the actor playing gary can actually portray all the subtle personality as well as physical quirks that many people with autism have i even began to think he was autistic untill the most recent episode where the imposter became gary

recon04

[5]Sep 23, 2011
    • level: 1
    oh and temple grandin is an excellent example ive seen her on quite a few things including "TED" theres another that im not sure many people are aware of is carly fleischmann her story is really an eye opener for autistic people who cannot speak, but she shocked her family and a small portion of the world by being able to type. it seems minuscule but you have to read about her. ill stop blabbing on now sorry lol

Locke-La

[6]Oct 1, 2011
    • level: 8

He is always good for a laugh. Best one till now was his answer to, having to search more on Stanton Perish, even he just printed tons of stuff about him: I think I don't like hard work He is one of my favorite characters.

Foxilicious

[7]Oct 2, 2011
    • level: 3

In the first 2 episodes I found him very annoying, but somehow he grew on me. Now I really like him. I also liked Ryan Cartwright (Gary) when he played Vincent Nigel Murray in Bones

Edited on 12/20/2011 3:21pm

kvailas2

[8]Oct 3, 2011
    • level: 5

garry is the most lovable character on this show, he's smart, funny with nothing holding him back, he speaks his mind and even though he doesn't know how to express it, he feels for others, like in episode were rachel found out about her dad's sickness and he encouraged her to push him to doctors...

and furthermore he seems to be making the biggest progress as a patient from a group, socializing with enemy (Anna) and even starting to lie, or at least joking about it

funniest moment with him for me is then Bill introduced him as "computer genius" and he corrected him explaining that his cover is completely different....

Badhab1t

[9]Sep 10, 2012
    • level: 3

Garry is one of most annoying character in sci-fi TVshow history(and I watch ALOT of sci-fi shows). It like jar jar bin, he is funny for the worst reason(and I don't think writer didn't try to make his character's funny). Then again, I do find his characters ability/disbility one of the most plausible in this show. Nature has habit balancing things out.

paryah

[10]Sep 14, 2012
    • level: 9
    I think Gary is probably the second most realistic depiction of those with Asperger's Syndrome on TV right now. I'd say the first would be Max from Parenthood. Why do you feel he's not realistic? Cause you don't really say that.

haldrey

[11]Oct 16, 2012
    • level: 22
    Between Alphas and Touch they have two of the most realistic autistic characters, of course I am assuming you are not talking about the ability because this is Syfy and TV land. I have various friend with autistic child and some are like Gary, no social skills but a brain in other things.