Alphas Forums

Syfy (ended 2012)

Least interesting character: The Iranian Human Microscope

Mafia1976

[1]Sep 2, 2011
    • level: 7

This is for me the LEAST interesting character:

:
    - Her powers can be replaced by a single CSI lab technician.

- She's as ugly as a flat tire.

- Can't care less about her "love problems".

- She is specialized into stating obvious things, and when she doesn't she has problems of her own, and when she doesn't she cries.

- Can't care less about her father, mother and friends.

The terrible thing is that in order to show her crappy character she wastes continually screentime which could be devoted to more interesting characters (everyone but her, but in particular Nina and Hicks for instance).

When the hell are they gonna kill off that useless character? I hope soon or I am afraid the show is doomed.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

filmstu2005

[2]Sep 4, 2011
    • level: 7

Mafia1976 wrote:

:

- She is specialized into stating obvious things, and when she doesn't she has problems of her own, and when she doesn't she cries.

The terrible thing is that in order to show her crappy character she wastes continually screentime which could be devoted to more interesting characters (everyone but her, but in particular Nina and Hicks for instance).

When the hell are they gonna kill off that useless character? I hope soon or I am afraid the show is doomed.

Firstly, Rachel and the actress who plays her is as gorgeous as they come. Secondly, most of us actually like her character, which I believe is the popular opinion. So too bad for you. Either you suck it up or you'll just have to quit watching. For you, I prefer the latter.

vicbjones

[3]Sep 10, 2011
    • level: 12

I agree that Rachel is the least interesting character, but I don't dislike the character to the point where I want her removed. Before the cult episode, I thought she was Indian. I like the instances where she speaks to her parents in a different language. And what do her physical attributes have to do with anything? That comment was totally uncalled for on your part.

I wish both she and Nina would switch to flat-heeled shoes (and in Rachel's case, slacks) though. It just seems ridiculous for them to be wearing high heels when there's the possibility of their having to chase an alpha down the street as they did in "Gary and Bill's Excellent Adventure."

jack756

[4]Sep 10, 2011
    • level: 14

im shock at the original poster im a fan of rachel.theres lots of fans of rachel b/c she represents the shy person who doesnt know where they fit in so alot of ppl relate to her.

her powers cant be replace with a lab ..

number one how in the world a lab gone hear heart beats far away to know how many people coming?how in the world will a lab be able to smell things like a bomb likerachel can?

most ppl think rachel okay and others like me love her.

ur the first person ive meet online who said they hate her.

i like rachel and she is very beautiful,smart,caring and i like her powers.

MayTanner

[5]Sep 14, 2011
    • level: 8

Mafia1976 wrote:

:

Everyone has his own opinion. I think that Nina ist the LEAST interesting character bordering on annoying.

It's her powers that can easily be dispatched. She isn't an integral part of the team for me.
    I wouldn't miss her at all if she got killed away but Red Flag at the end of the season.

There's absolutely no chemistry between her and Hicks. Watching the two together makes me turn a face as if Rachel just picked up a really bad smell. And I do not care for her almost unhealthy looks. She has simply no screen presence at all. She is outshined by everyone on the team.

And I DO care for Rachel's background as for the other's but not for Nina's stunts in the past. She is just self-centered and manipulating.

So you can state your opinion I stick with mine. Rachel and Gary are the best part of the show and I hope they take all the screen time from Nina!

Ah, and by the way: Rachel is beautiful inside and out.

blackmage8472

[6]Sep 18, 2011
    • level: 15

[QUOTE="Mafia1976"]

- She is specialized into stating obvious things, and when she doesn't she has problems of her own, and when she doesn't she cries.[/ QUOTE]

I actually find her to be one of my favorite characters.

- Actually she replaces a CSI lab, which is ultimately the point of the character in what is basically a supernatural crime fighting unit.

- That's an attack on the actress rather than the character an I think she looks nice.

- She has a troubled back story and depth... kinda standard for this type of show.

Reading through some of the entries I'm kinda surprised how everyone has someone they don't like for different reasons. Personally, I don't like Hicks. I think if he stopped being a main character the show wouldn't miss a beat.

zaracat

[8]Sep 21, 2011
    • level: 8

Not even an entire CSI team working together would be able to pull off what she can in the field, "in the field" being the key part of that. But I guess you think taking swabs back to a lab for hours worth of tests at several thousand dollars a pop would be a better use of their time and skills.

Oh wait, I get it, you wouldn't want them to show up the rest of the government that manages to spend $20,000 on a toilet seat. By all means, off with her head so the ineffective and over-spending CSI team has a chance.

wm4

[9]Sep 21, 2011
    • level: 3
    Maybe you are right this character is not very interesting, but we won't miss her for all her further development, and the room is quite big.

In addition, I think Rachael is beautiful.

She is ugly ? Say someone you think is beautiful. You might have notice also that none of the female actors looks
    merely good without the makeups. None of them is even as beautiful as Audrey Hepburn at the same age, to be more picky.

jack756

[12]Sep 22, 2011
    • level: 14

jack756 wrote:

im shock at the original poster im a fan of rachel.theres lots of fans of rachel b/c she represents the shy person who doesnt know where they fit in so alot of ppl relate to her.

her powers cant be replace with a lab ..

number one how in the world a lab gone hear heart beats far away to know how many people coming?how in the world will a lab be able to smell things like a bomb likerachel can?

most ppl think rachel okay and others like me love her.

ur the first person ive meet online who said they hate her.

i like rachel and she is very beautiful,smart,caring and i like her powers.

oh yeah the actress that plays rachel isnt iranian so the orginal poster is making sterotypes base off someone looks(a person can have dark skin but that dont mean their black). and on top of that rachel isnt iranina shes indian. so the character rachel is indian but the actress isnt irainin her grandparents are from ganistan(sorry bout spelling)