Alvin & the Chipmunks Forums

NBC (ended 1991)

About the Chipmunks go to The Movies episodes....

Underdog121488

[1]Apr 11, 2008
    • level: 16

I just got a DVD of "Alvin and the Chipmunks Go to the Movies", containing "Funny, We Shrunk the Adults", "Bigger", and "Back to Our Future"

All great episodes by the way, its the first time I've actually seen the show in years!

Anyway, I was a little confused. Are the "Movies" episodes supposed to be alternate reality or something? Because there were a few little things that just wouldn't make sense otherwise.

Like in "Bigger" they called Dave, Dave Smith, not Seville. Also they had a small time garage band called "The Fur Balls", and were not famous singers at all. In the same episode, they talked about Theodore and Simon, as if they were just friends of Alvin and not actually related.

Alvin to Simon and Theodore- "I'll have to go ask my dad (meaning Dave)."

Why not say "our dad" or just "Dave"

And in the episode "Funny, We Shrunk the Adults" they called Theodore, Teddy. Now I know Teddy can be short for Theodore, but I never heard him called that otherwise.

So anyway, I know i'm taking all this WAAAAY too seriously. Are these episodes supposed to be alternate reality, cut off from the rest of the series?

Edited on 04/11/2008 8:34pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

2sweetinhouse

[2]Apr 14, 2008
    • level: 7
    no clue, I have the DVD comming in the mail. When it comes I'll check em out and see if I can give you an answer.

Underdog121488

[3]Apr 15, 2008
    Thanks!

2sweetinhouse

[4]Apr 17, 2008
    • level: 7
    These are just guesses but in Funny We Shrunk the Adults I think Simmon calls theo. Teddy cause he was a little embaressed for not pluging his machine in and he's suppost to be the smart one. I think Theo.introduce's himself as Teddy to the new neighbors cause he might of been a little nervous. In Bigger I really don't know, I guess since the chipmunks are hosts to a movie at the beginning of every episode that they can do and say anything during the episode. So I guess it's like an alternate reality, except for the bigging and end where the chipmunks introduce the movie and end the episode.

Underdog121488

[5]Apr 18, 2008

2sweetinhouse wrote:
    These are just guesses but in Funny We Shrunk the Adults I think Simmon calls theo. Teddy cause he was a little embaressed for not pluging his machine in and he's suppost to be the smart one. I think Theo.introduce's himself as Teddy to the new neighbors cause he might of been a little nervous. In Bigger I really don't know, I guess since the chipmunks are hosts to a movie at the beginning of every episode that they can do and say anything during the episode. So I guess it's like an alternate reality, except for the bigging and end where the chipmunks introduce the movie and end the episode.

Thanks for that! Its a really good explanation.

WAVY10

[6]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 8
    Underdog121488 wrote:

I just got a DVD of "Alvin and the Chipmunks Go to the Movies", containing "Funny, We Shrunk the Adults", "Bigger", and "Back to Our Future"

All great episodes by the way, its the first time I've actually seen the show in years!

Anyway, I was a little confused. Are the "Movies" episodes supposed to be alternate reality or something? Because there were a few little things that just wouldn't make sense otherwise.

Like in "Bigger" they called Dave, Dave Smith, not Seville. Also they had a small time garage band called "The Fur Balls", and were not famous singers at all. In the same episode, they talked about Theodore and Simon, as if they were just friends of Alvin and not actually related.

Alvin to Simon and Theodore- "I'll have to go ask my dad (meaning Dave)."

Why not say "our dad" or just "Dave"

And in the episode "Funny, We Shrunk the Adults" they called Theodore, Teddy. Now I know Teddy can be short for Theodore, but I never heard him called that otherwise.

So anyway, I know i'm taking all this WAAAAY too seriously. Are these episodes supposed to be alternate reality, cut off from the rest of the series?

Probably, as they were mainly performing parodies of some of the then-recent movies that were out, which would at least make the "Smith" instead of "Seville" likely an out-of-universe/character name.