Alvin & the Chipmunks

NBC (ended 1991)

Tubelubber

Alvin & the Chipmunks Fan Reviews page 2 of 2

• I related a lot to the chipmunks, because I grew up with one of three siblings like the chipmunks were. We each identified with one of the characters, my oldest sister was like Simon, middle sister was like Alvin, and I was the youngest, and chubby, so

I was Theodore. Wow, this show really takes me back. It was a weird concept when you think about it, a grown man adopting talking chipmunks-but it had the making of a really cool cartoon. Wholesome shows like this with heart and a message just don't exist anymore. The songs were the coolest (back then) and you really weren't made to feel stupid or uncool (at least I wasn't) for singing along with them. They guaranteed they'd 'brighten your day' and they always did. It was a cute, entertaining show for kids that still holds up even today. Do, do, do-do-do-do!
  • Ok....I am an old fan of Alvin & the Chipmunks and have been searching for the song used in a old episode of Alvin & the Chipmunks ...

7.7

Ok....I am an old fan of Alvin & the Chipmunks and have been searching for the song used in a old episode of Alvin & the Chipmunks ... it was the song used for the death scene of Shane. It was when Him and her were at the lookout and He died in her arms...if anyone can save my hair from anymore pulling out of frustration i would be greatly appreciative.
  • Bring 'Em Back!

This truly is one of my favorites. No matter how old I get, this is one cartoon I will forever love to watch. Classics like this should always stay on air for the next generation, even if it’s only reruns after a while. I wish a station would pick this show back up...I miss these guys, and I want to play the for my kids. This show beats 90% of anything they play on TV now... the cartoon showing channels at least.

Bring Back Alvin, Simon Theodor!!!

The Chipettes And David Too...LOL!!!

Do they have it for sale on DVD at least?
  • classic show and great music

i used to watch this bout 5 years ago when i was 10
    i love the theme tune to it and they had some great plots, i cant remeber much about it but i kno it was really addictive and i was neva able to see much of it because it was already that old, it started bout 1983 so by 1999 it was already ove so not played much, i wish it was on agen doe so i could watch a bit more of it lol. hope you ppl hu did get to watch had fun and i hope u rrealise how lucky u were lol :D
  • Children favourite.

2.4
    A very great cartoon from the childhood, funny and interesting for a child, but it has lived its time and now I think its time for new and even more exciting cartoons.
    Although I give a big aplaus for it. It has been terrific and cheerful, but over its time.
  • Alvin, Simon, Theodore

Alvin and The chipmunks was a great show, I miss it, it was funny and smart. I liked Alvin always getting into trouble, Simon the smart one having an answer for everything and Theodore the scared one, and Dave the on who always took care of them and putting up with what ever mayhem Alvin caused. There was also the three girls, I cant remember thery names but they where cute and put Alvin, Simon, and Theodore in their places sometimes.
  • Cartoon Network made the ultimate mistake

Alvin & The Chipmunks was like one the best Saturday morning cartoons of the mid to late 80's. It was my 2nd favorite behind the Smurfs. The mix of concert performance and adventure went very well. It was never a dull moment especially with Alvin causing the meyhem. I loved the theme song to death especially when the show was renamed "The Chipmunks". The song had then the same lyrics but a different beat. I can't seem to find it on any of the Chipmunk websites so if anybody knows where I can find it let me know! I also loved the fact that they can sing the songs of real life recording artists but at the same time putting their high-pitched spin on it to make it their own. With Alvin as lead singer who sometimes played the guitar, Simon and Theodore who were the backup singers on the keyboards and drums, they had the right song for the right situation in any adventure. Rounding out the cast was David "Dave" Seville the father and manager of the boys (whom Alvin causes him much grief), and their opposite sex mirror-image counterparts, the Chipettes (Brittany, Jeanette and Eleanor) who were cared for and looked after by their adopted mother Ms. Miller. I loved the show for the first 7 seasons on NBC as well the syndicated season 6. (For those who don't know, in season 6 when the title changed to "The Chipmunks" on NBC, there was also a syndicated version of season 6 with all new episodes but still kept the old "Alvin & The Chipmunks" title.) Loved this show. Cartoon Network mad a terrible mistake when they pulled it from their lineup. I'm waiting for this show to come to DVD! I would've gave this show a perfect 10, but I didn't like the final season when the show once again changed. I thought "The Chipmunks Go To The Movies" just plain sucked. And that's hard for me to say being a Chipmunk fan.
  • Awesome!

This show was my first favorite cartoon as a kid, and is still one of my all time favorites today. I would sit on my mom's bed, and watch it on an old black and white TV. The stories and adventures were great, i like all the chipmunks -Alvin, because he's the leader, Simon, because he's sort of a braniac, and probably Theodore the most, cuz he's just so darn cute with those bucky teeth! I seriously hope they relase some on DVD, it would be great to have!
  • A childhood classic

This show is just so funny, had amazing plots,and i just loved the chipmunks' voices. I use to watch this almost everyday with my grandma and cousins when we were young in the 80s,and even if your old too you'll really enjoy this show.It will bring a smile to your face, Alvin is the middle,mischevious,yet likeable and charismatic chipmunk, Simon the oldest that always has to bail alvin out of his shenanigans and cant stand getting introuble,while theodore the youngest is just the sweetest, caring chipmunk who loves animals and eatting.Lets not forget about their father that brought them in when they were orphans,Dave,or "ALVIN!!!!" anyways i recommend it to young or old,its a classic and it has the same classic never get old jokes and mischief as the classic looney tunes series.
  • Good Wholesome Stuff

I was the associate producer for this show. It was, at the time, one of the only shows without crazy violence or monsters etc....

It was, in my opinion, not a good as the original "Alvin Show" as it became more and more about the characters need for money....However, the owners of the characters Ross Bagdasarian and Janice Karman are highly protective of these characters and demand only the best from everyone who works on it. While Ross B was, at times, quite difficult to work for he did give everyone who worked for him opportunities they would not have had elsewhere.

I did hundreds of voice for this show because of his generousity and trust. It was a blast!!!

These shows are classic and should be on DVD. They are quality from begginning to end. With the exception of the final year "Chipmunks Go To The Movies" which was NBC's idiotic idea and this final season sucked! It did not do the entire series justice.
  • Take a ride with Alvin, Simon, and Theodore.

Alvin, Simon, and Theodore were three child sized chipmunks who lived with there guardian, Dave. The three Chipmunks were superstars who were all part of a rock and roll band. This weekday morning cartoon told the tales and adventures of this wild trio. Alvin (the trouble maker), Simon (the brains), and Theodore (the hungry one) all played a vital role in this entertaining animated series. Any fan of the 80's will get a kick out of this show.

The Chipmunks cover many famous songs in their band that were originally done by Elton John, Micheal Jackson, and The Beach Boys.
  • Over all summar of the show.

In the 80's Alvin and the Chipmunks was the top of their gang. They had everything from a multi-billion dollar franchise including CD's, clothing, toys - - Just about everything under the sun. But, one thing was missing. Ahh, one thing that would make the gang eternal in our memories -- and hearts. That would be an animated television series. In the 80's most cartoons were usually made to introduce a new toy line. For example He-Man started out as a doll and to boost sales a Saturday Morning cartoon series was made. Alvin & the Chipmunks was no exception. After the series premiered chipmunk merchandise flourished and kids (and adults!) couldn't get enough. The success of the show may also have been part of the other animated program from the 60's that was called The Alvin Show. By the time Alvin & the Chipmunks premiered most of the original fans of the Alvin Show were all grown up and wanted their kids to experience the joy of Alvin and the Chipmunks. The show lasted six production seasons, until 1991. In the third season, the show introduced The Chipettes, three female versions of the Chipmunks with their own human counterpart, the myopic Mrs. Miller. Many fans consider this the moment when the show jumped the shark. After 1987, the show was renamed just The Chipmunks to indicate that there were now two groups of them. In 1987, during the fifth season of the show on television, the Chipmunks had their first (and thus far, only) animated feature film, The Chipmunk Adventure, directed by Janice Karman and released to theatres by The Samuel Goldwyn Company. The film featured the Chipmunks and the Chipettes in a contest traveling around the world. Other than improved production values, the movie was more of an extended and enhanced episode of the series.

For the sixth and final season, the show switched production companies (to DiC Entertainment) and switched titles again: Chipmunks Go to the Movies. Each episode in this season was a spoof of a Hollywood film, such as Back to the Future, Dick Tracy, and others. In additional, several television specials featuring the characters were also released. At the conclusion of the sixth season, the show was cancelled again. In 1990 a direct to video was released that stared many pop phenomenon cartoons from the 80's teaching children about the dangers of drugs. Some of the many shows were Muppet Babies, Garfield, The Chipmunks, etc. A live-action feature-length movie is in development by 20th Century Fox, featuring computer-animated Chipmunks and a live-action David Seville. It is scheduled to be released in theatres around 2006. Currently fans our eagerly waiting the day they will hear the news of Alvin & the Chipmunks to be released on DVD. Today, it is no longer a "if" the show will be released; it is a when. 80's items are selling like hot cakes and with the recent news of Ducktales and Chip 'N Dale Rescue Rangers to be released only a few months from now on November, 8, 2005 rumor is Chipmunks will soon follow to promote the feature length movie. Not only does the show have numerous T.V episodes, but it also has many direct to video/DVD movies such as Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet Frankenstein, Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet the Wolfman, and the new line of Chipmunks DVDs called "Alvin and the mini Chipmunks".
  • Chipmunks rock!

I watched this show every single day and never miss an episode! I used to role play from this show with my two cousins it was the funnest game ever! I liked Theodore the best because he was always worrying! He was the short one and that made him the cute one! Alvin was the most popular one because he was red and the leader of the chipmunks when they would get into trouble. The show overall is very good it brings to life the cutest chipmunks and it follows their little dramas when they get into trouble. I wish they would bring the show back on!
  • Here come the chipmunks!!!!

Alvin, Simon, Theadore, Dave and the girls(i forgot the names) I love this show but was i the only one wondering why Dave had talking chipmunks dressed in over sized shirts? I mean if he was going to have chipmunks you would think he would dress them properly right? I would any way.
  • Good

• Chipmunks will take over the world . . . Mwah Ha Ha!!

When i was a kid this was my favourite show on the box. Until those damn chipettes showed up lol. Alvin, Simon and Theodore were amazing, although i didn't like the father. I think that if he were here today he would be prosequted for neglect of those little chipmunks. He was never there to look after them. Boo, Hiss! Anyway they had buckets of chip - munky fun without him. Spoil Sport. The theme tune was excellent to, so packed full of energy. A classic, compared to the shows on the idiot's box nowadays. (Ha, see what i did there!:P)
1 2 >