Alvin & the Chipmunks

NBC (ended 1991)

Tubelubber

Alvin & the Chipmunks Fan Reviews (46)

• Terrible and Horrible!

I remember watching this show, most episodes of this show containing too many stupid endings! Well, the only episode I liked is the "Chipmunk Reunion". That was so emotional at the end!
  • Children favourite.

2.4
    A very great cartoon from the childhood, funny and interesting for a child, but it has lived its time and now I think its time for new and even more exciting cartoons.
    Although I give a big aplaus for it. It has been terrific and cheerful, but over its time.
  • A classic cartoon.

Alvin and the Chipmunks. Who doesn't remember Alvin and his brothers? Their crazy antics andmischiefthey caused? I certainly do.

This show was basically about three chipmunks- Alvin, Theodore and Simon. The three of them had their own band. They lived with Dave. They went on crazy adventures, the likes. Probably sounds like a lot of other TV shows you've seen, doesn't it? So what makes Alvin and the Chipmunks so special?

It's probably it's good voice acting, good music, good morals, humor and the chipmunks themselves, with their own personality. Their interactions were always fun to watch.

I certainly believe that Alvin and the Chipmunks was a good show for it's time. It taught children all sorts of different lessons and was definitely a great show for kids.

• Classic cartoon show revisited!!!!!

6.7
    Alvin and the Chimpmunk.Lets see its the many adventure of Alvin,Simon and Theodore.Who sometime gets into micheifs.Who also sometime can sing as well.They live with Dave.Who raised them liked his own children.Due to the fact,that their mother left them in his care.To be perfectly honest this is serious classic.Something that was an ok show.Altough the theme song is annoying.Other than that the cartoon was great.I used to watch few movies from them even some that were recent.My fav character was the chipmunks rival the chipetta(sp?) Britney.
  • My childhood revistited

7.3
    The 80's revival of Alvin and the Chipmunks. Alvin and the Chipmunks started out as a series of novelty records in 1958, which become so popular The Alvin Show was launched in 1961. But The Alvin Show only lasted one season with 26 episodes. The reruns proved to be popular though and a whole new series titled Alvin and the Chipmunks was launched to try out the competiton of Saturday morning line ups. By re-adopting The Chipmunks characters to the 80's with 80's style cartoon writing and a cover of a hit 80's song for each episode - Alvin and the Chipmunks wound up being very successful and are now considered as 80's as Ninja Turtles.
  • This was one of the better shows I remember growing up. It had interesting main characters, good morales, and three very cute female counterparts.

This show was one I enjoyed watching when it was on.

It had solid music, good voice actors, and nice dilemmas at times too.

The chipmunks were interesting to watch, from the selfish, egotistical Alvin, the brainiac Simon, and the sweet, yet food crazy Theodore. All three of had different personalities, yet they complimented each other very well I thought.

David Seville was a solid father figure for them as well. But of course, he was best known for yelling the name, Alvin. XD That never gets old.

But I think most would agree the show was best known for the introducing the Chipmunks female counterparts, the Chipettes, 3 beautiful young girls who I think alot of young boys had a crush on, but that's just me.

Sadly though, they were basically the Chipmunks in personality. But still, I enjoyed watching them, especially when they and Chipmunks got into competition against each other. Very funny moments at times.

Although, one thing about this show has bothered me recently as I look back on it. Both the Chipmunks and Chipettes tried to date human boys and girls during their time in school. Uh, am I the only one who thinks this isn't a bit like bestiality? Granted of course, they're anthro chipmunks, especially with the Chipettes looking almost identical to their human girl counterparts except for their facial features, but still, why would any girl or boy want to date them? Do they have a thing for anthro animals, or even furries for that matter? Uh, never mind. This subject is getting way too creepy now.

Anyway, all and all, this was a solid show to watch. It wasn't perfect, but enjoyable at times.
  • Take a ride with Alvin, Simon, and Theodore.

Alvin, Simon, and Theodore were three child sized chipmunks who lived with there guardian, Dave. The three Chipmunks were superstars who were all part of a rock and roll band. This weekday morning cartoon told the tales and adventures of this wild trio. Alvin (the trouble maker), Simon (the brains), and Theodore (the hungry one) all played a vital role in this entertaining animated series. Any fan of the 80's will get a kick out of this show.

The Chipmunks cover many famous songs in their band that were originally done by Elton John, Micheal Jackson, and The Beach Boys.
  • Ok....I am an old fan of Alvin & the Chipmunks and have been searching for the song used in a old episode of Alvin & the Chipmunks ...

7.7

Ok....I am an old fan of Alvin & the Chipmunks and have been searching for the song used in a old episode of Alvin & the Chipmunks ... it was the song used for the death scene of Shane. It was when Him and her were at the lookout and He died in her arms...if anyone can save my hair from anymore pulling out of frustration i would be greatly appreciative.
  • Chipmunks!

Some ep (96)
  • a well done cartoon that last for quite some time

i enjoyed the show alvin and chimpmonks it was a well done cartoon show it focuased around three chimpmonks called alvin simon and thedore and the father and they go through tons of crazy adventures that alvin most of the time gets them in to like going on a game show to win money by using a ear peace to cheat with and the dads is always screaming alvin which makes the show really good they have had movies liek they meet the wolfman and frankenstine and others and the show has had two theater movies that made alot of money for fox. so that is why i gave it a 8 points becasue even though the show is over they are still around for other things.
  • Anyone With a Bad Review Of This Show,I HATE YOU!

Alvin, Simion, Theodore, Dave, Brittany, Jenette & Elenor Have The Biggest Fan Base!!!! And It Thats Brain To Make A Show Like This! The Big But Is The Movie. The Alvin And The Chipmunks Movie Wasnt Even Remotly Funny. The Fact that Dave Was Jason Lee Got Me Less Intersted. And Who Ever Heard Of A 'Uncle Iven?!' The Guy That Made Then The Star should Have been Uncle Harry & The Movie Should Have Been Animated. Well Back To The Show. I Loved 'Chipmunk Reunion' Because i Finialy Got To see There Mom. And I Saw How Dave Got Them in the 1st Place. Im Said Its Gone But There Memories Will Live On Forever!!
  • Good

• We're the Chipmunks, C-H-I-P-M-U-N-K!

Who doesn't like a show that throws you back into your childhood? I have to say that I nearly forgot about this until the movie that recently came out. Who would have thought that an hour and a half could bring back so many memories. This cartoon is not brilliant, but it's the type of simplistic television that throws you into it's world, and doesn't let you go until you hit the off button. Alvin and the Chipmunks is the type of show that keeps you a fan for decades, even long after you have grown up and left most of your childhood shows behind.
  • Witty and Wacky!

A classic cartoon with oodles of talent!
  • classic show and great music

i used to watch this bout 5 years ago when i was 10
    i love the theme tune to it and they had some great plots, i cant remeber much about it but i kno it was really addictive and i was neva able to see much of it because it was already that old, it started bout 1983 so by 1999 it was already ove so not played much, i wish it was on agen doe so i could watch a bit more of it lol. hope you ppl hu did get to watch had fun and i hope u rrealise how lucky u were lol :D
  • Three furry chipmunks left at the doorstep of poor Dave's house. Dave takes them in while having his own financial trouble. He discovers that they can sing and they help him make the hit song The Witch Doctor. Thus Alvin and the chipmunks were born.

Grew up watching Alvin and the Chipmunks and I wouldn't miss a single episode on Saturday morning cartoons. I really like the very first episode where their mom leaves them at Dave's doorstep and Dave doesn't know what to do. I like that they show him a very poor guy and bearing making it. I was kind of disappointed that the new movie Alvin and the Chipmunks didn't portray Dave poorer like on the series but of course nowadays it is easy to get everything on credit and easy to get stuff especially if he went to school. Have to say I love the chipmunks in diapers.
  • Here come the chipmunks!!!!

Alvin, Simon, Theadore, Dave and the girls(i forgot the names) I love this show but was i the only one wondering why Dave had talking chipmunks dressed in over sized shirts? I mean if he was going to have chipmunks you would think he would dress them properly right? I would any way.
  • A Classic Favorite

A great show many can remember. If you would like to find out more about the Chipmunks or add your knowledge, check out Munkapedia:
  • Chipmunks rock!

I watched this show every single day and never miss an episode! I used to role play from this show with my two cousins it was the funnest game ever! I liked Theodore the best because he was always worrying! He was the short one and that made him the cute one! Alvin was the most popular one because he was red and the leader of the chipmunks when they would get into trouble. The show overall is very good it brings to life the cutest chipmunks and it follows their little dramas when they get into trouble. I wish they would bring the show back on!
  • Saturday morning favorite.

I'm not quite old enough to have watched this show when it originally ran on nbc, or wherever it is they showed, but I do remember watching reruns on Cartoon Network, and it used to be one of my favorites. Then of course, I got older, and I forgot about it eventually. But, when the CGI movie came out, the memories came back, and they came back quickly. I managed to find old episodes on YouTube, and I reaaaaaaly wish that it would be brought back, cuz I miss it like CRAZY. Hopefully, the sequel to the CGI movie will hold me over until people get the sense to put this amazing show back on the air.
  • Cartoon Network made the ultimate mistake

Alvin & The Chipmunks was like one the best Saturday morning cartoons of the mid to late 80's. It was my 2nd favorite behind the Smurfs. The mix of concert performance and adventure went very well. It was never a dull moment especially with Alvin causing the meyhem. I loved the theme song to death especially when the show was renamed "The Chipmunks". The song had then the same lyrics but a different beat. I can't seem to find it on any of the Chipmunk websites so if anybody knows where I can find it let me know! I also loved the fact that they can sing the songs of real life recording artists but at the same time putting their high-pitched spin on it to make it their own. With Alvin as lead singer who sometimes played the guitar, Simon and Theodore who were the backup singers on the keyboards and drums, they had the right song for the right situation in any adventure. Rounding out the cast was David "Dave" Seville the father and manager of the boys (whom Alvin causes him much grief), and their opposite sex mirror-image counterparts, the Chipettes (Brittany, Jeanette and Eleanor) who were cared for and looked after by their adopted mother Ms. Miller. I loved the show for the first 7 seasons on NBC as well the syndicated season 6. (For those who don't know, in season 6 when the title changed to "The Chipmunks" on NBC, there was also a syndicated version of season 6 with all new episodes but still kept the old "Alvin & The Chipmunks" title.) Loved this show. Cartoon Network mad a terrible mistake when they pulled it from their lineup. I'm waiting for this show to come to DVD! I would've gave this show a perfect 10, but I didn't like the final season when the show once again changed. I thought "The Chipmunks Go To The Movies" just plain sucked. And that's hard for me to say being a Chipmunk fan.
  • ALLLVVIINNN!!!

I remember rushing home when I was ounger just to watch this show and Muppet Babies. I have seen the show recently on one of the cable channels about twice but it does not seem to have a definite time. I wish they would bringit back. This was a childhood classic for me. Alvin, Simon and Theodore were always getting into some hairy situation with ALvin being the ring leader. Dave was so cool to father these chipmunks. I always thought he was an adorable dad. Now as if the show wasn't good enough, they decided to add the female chimpmunks. The boys' little lovers. Brittany, Jeanette and Eleanor. The more the merrier , right? They ought to bring this back for the little kiddies today and the adults who still remember them.
  • Chipmunks will take over the world . . . Mwah Ha Ha!!

When i was a kid this was my favourite show on the box. Until those damn chipettes showed up lol. Alvin, Simon and Theodore were amazing, although i didn't like the father. I think that if he were here today he would be prosequted for neglect of those little chipmunks. He was never there to look after them. Boo, Hiss! Anyway they had buckets of chip - munky fun without him. Spoil Sport. The theme tune was excellent to, so packed full of energy. A classic, compared to the shows on the idiot's box nowadays. (Ha, see what i did there!:P)
  • i love that show it's cool i wish i can still watch alvin and the chipmunks :( it suck's that it is gone this the greatest show i ever watched in my life it great love u guy's alvin and the chipmunks brittany chipette is my fav charater u rock brattany!!!

i love that show it's cool i wish i can still watch alvin and the chipmunks :( it suck's that it is gone the greatest show i ever watched in my life it great love u guy's alvin and the chipmunks brittany chipette is my fav charater u rock brittany!!!

• Alvin and the Chimpunks get's off as a kids show.

Alvin and the Chimpunks is about 3 Chimpmunks who go out and save the world. I saw my first episode that warewoof episode a long time ago and I get the feeling that this so has great acting with cute little Chimpmunks. I just saw the movie at the movie theater and the movie was a comedy. I just bought the DVD last month and my sister watches it almost all the time. My little sister is really into Comedy shows now. shes not yet in the movies, but she is going to. I also think her best episode is the adventures I think it's because it helps kids learn about other Countrys other than United states or any other Countrys that other kids live in to this point. I love the adventure to. I got to watch more episodes because me and my lil sis hasen't seen all of them I don't think...
  • I love this show! The Chipmunks are three superstars. The female counterparts are the Chipettes, who joined them in the 1980's. The songs on the show is great. Bring them back for a great reunion. They do covers of the 80's songs.

I was a fan of the show for a long time since the 1980's when I was in elementary school. I was two years old and about to enter preschool when the show started. I was ten and a fourth grader in grade school when the show ended. One of my favorite guilty pleasures. My favorite characters of the Chipmunks are: Alvin (the leader, who wears red and bosses his brothers around), Simon (the brain in glasses, who wears blue), and Theodore (the shy youngest, who wears teal). My most favorite characters of the Chipettes are: Brittany (the outspoken redhead, who wears pink), Jeanette (the brainy brunette, who wears black and purple), and Eleanor (the shy youngest blonde, who wears turquoise). I hope they do a parody of the current tv show "The OC". That would be great.
  • Way Before The Wiggles

It Started When The Wiggles Didn,t Sing (But Jeff And Anthony) And Ended When The Wiggles Were Almost Coming
    See See

Alvin And The Chipmunks: September 17, 1983
    The Wiggles: January 16, 1991
    But I Love Both Bands But This Has To Come Back And The Wiggles Didn,t End
    COOL!
    as everyone knows Wikipedia doesn't always have their facts straight, so I'm not sure ifthis is true or not. On the wikipedia site, it says- 20th Century Fox announced Alvin and the Chipmunks 3-D (the 3rd movie) will be released world wide Dec. 16, 2011. If thats true & since it has more than a… More year to come out, I'm sure things will change, like maybe the title of the movie or the release date.
    I never took a second language class in school so I don't know much spanish, can anyone tell me everything the little plush dolls said and what Ian said at the end of the movie?
  • Ah, The Chipmunks. I don't think there is another cartoon I enjoyed more, think I watched just about every episode from them.

Ah, The Chipmunks. I don't think there is another cartoon I enjoyed more, think I watched just about every episode from them. I don't remember all of them and some of them just a bit. My brothers lil boy absolutely loves them. He got to know them from when they would come visit us and he would watch them on the teletoon retro channel at our place, and I my self still love to watch them whenever I can. Brings back so many memories of when I was a kid, I was obsessed with them, still am a bit you could say. I wish they would release the entire series in a set, each and every episode. So many I would love to watch again that you just never see anymore like Sploosh, just to name one of the many. One of the best cartoons ever made in my opinion.
  • My personal favourite!! Bring it back!

I wasn't born at this time, but I do remember watch a little of this when I was two or three years old. I also live in the Philippines so its impossible for them to show it here or sell it here.
    After watching the 2007 movie, I decided to have a little nostalgic moment. I was amazed on how were the episodes done. I passed the show to my 4 years old brother and he totally loved it.
    His favourite episodes are: "Batmunk", "Funny, We Shrunk the Adults", "Back to Alvin's Future", "Robomunk", "Cookie Chomper the 3rd" and "Daytona Jones". He just started watching it 1 month ago....now he has tons of favourite episodes. =)
  • One of the most clear shows I have ever watched with great characters, plot and music!

It has been a while since I watched the series. But after I watched a few DVDs of the series, I feel in love with the series. Now I know why I loved the series, it is so fun to watch with good characters, humor, plot and also great music. Personally I wish they could reintroduce the series again, that would be awesome! Also I like the parodies they do like Batman, Robocop, Moonlight(The Dreamlight Episode), Indiana Jones and Star Trek. They do a great job on all the parodies. It would awesome to see the Chipmucks do parodies again, even as specials outside the series.

I heard there is suppose to be a new Chipmuck movie next year or something and would introduce the Chipettes. I just hope it is not the recent live action movie, I don't like the idea of using CG of actually Chipmucks, nor the idea of live action. I would of been just fine with a animated or a 3D movie instead in their classic forms we all know and love.

I hope they release the rest of the 1980s version of Alivn and the Chipmucks soon!
< 1 2