Alvin & the Chipmunks

NBC (ended 1991)

Tubelubber

Alvin & the Chipmunks Fan Reviews (46)

• Children favourite.

2.4
    A very great cartoon from the childhood, funny and interesting for a child, but it has lived its time and now I think its time for new and even more exciting cartoons.
    Although I give a big aplaus for it. It has been terrific and cheerful, but over its time.
  • Terrible and Horrible!

I remember watching this show, most episodes of this show containing too many stupid endings! Well, the only episode I liked is the "Chipmunk Reunion". That was so emotional at the end!
  • Classic cartoon show revisited!!!!!

6.7
    Alvin and the Chimpmunk.Lets see its the many adventure of Alvin,Simon and Theodore.Who sometime gets into micheifs.Who also sometime can sing as well.They live with Dave.Who raised them liked his own children.Due to the fact,that their mother left them in his care.To be perfectly honest this is serious classic.Something that was an ok show.Altough the theme song is annoying.Other than that the cartoon was great.I used to watch few movies from them even some that were recent.My fav character was the chipmunks rival the chipetta(sp?) Britney.
  • My childhood revistited

7.3
    The 80's revival of Alvin and the Chipmunks. Alvin and the Chipmunks started out as a series of novelty records in 1958, which become so popular The Alvin Show was launched in 1961. But The Alvin Show only lasted one season with 26 episodes. The reruns proved to be popular though and a whole new series titled Alvin and the Chipmunks was launched to try out the competiton of Saturday morning line ups. By re-adopting The Chipmunks characters to the 80's with 80's style cartoon writing and a cover of a hit 80's song for each episode - Alvin and the Chipmunks wound up being very successful and are now considered as 80's as Ninja Turtles.
  • Ok....I am an old fan of Alvin & the Chipmunks and have been searching for the song used in a old episode of Alvin & the Chipmunks ...

7.7

Ok....I am an old fan of Alvin & the Chipmunks and have been searching for the song used in a old episode of Alvin & the Chipmunks ... it was the song used for the death scene of Shane. It was when Him and her were at the lookout and He died in her arms...if anyone can save my hair from anymore pulling out of frustration i would be greatly appreciative.
  • Chipmunks!

Some ep (96)
  • a well done cartoon that last for quite some time

i enjoyed the show alvin and chimpmonks it was a well done cartoon show it focuased around three chimpmonks called alvin simon and thedore and the father and they go through tons of crazy adventures that alvin most of the time gets them in to like going on a game show to win money by using a ear peace to cheat with and the dads is always screaming alvin which makes the show really good they have had movies liek they meet the wolfman and frankenstine and others and the show has had two theater movies that made alot of money for fox. so that is why i gave it a 8 points becasue even though the show is over they are still around for other things.
  • Anyone With a Bad Review Of This Show,I HATE YOU!

Alvin, Simion, Theodore, Dave, Brittany, Jenette & Elenor Have The Biggest Fan Base!!!! And It Thats Brain To Make A Show Like This! The Big But Is The Movie. The Alvin And The Chipmunks Movie Wasnt Even Remotly Funny. The Fact that Dave Was Jason Lee Got Me Less Intersted. And Who Ever Heard Of A 'Uncle Iven?!' The Guy That Made Then The Star should Have been Uncle Harry & The Movie Should Have Been Animated. Well Back To The Show. I Loved 'Chipmunk Reunion' Because i Finialy Got To see There Mom. And I Saw How Dave Got Them in the 1st Place. Im Said Its Gone But There Memories Will Live On Forever!!
  • Good

• classic show and great music

i used to watch this bout 5 years ago when i was 10
    i love the theme tune to it and they had some great plots, i cant remeber much about it but i kno it was really addictive and i was neva able to see much of it because it was already that old, it started bout 1983 so by 1999 it was already ove so not played much, i wish it was on agen doe so i could watch a bit more of it lol. hope you ppl hu did get to watch had fun and i hope u rrealise how lucky u were lol :D
  • Three furry chipmunks left at the doorstep of poor Dave's house. Dave takes them in while having his own financial trouble. He discovers that they can sing and they help him make the hit song The Witch Doctor. Thus Alvin and the chipmunks were born.

Grew up watching Alvin and the Chipmunks and I wouldn't miss a single episode on Saturday morning cartoons. I really like the very first episode where their mom leaves them at Dave's doorstep and Dave doesn't know what to do. I like that they show him a very poor guy and bearing making it. I was kind of disappointed that the new movie Alvin and the Chipmunks didn't portray Dave poorer like on the series but of course nowadays it is easy to get everything on credit and easy to get stuff especially if he went to school. Have to say I love the chipmunks in diapers.
  • Here come the chipmunks!!!!

Alvin, Simon, Theadore, Dave and the girls(i forgot the names) I love this show but was i the only one wondering why Dave had talking chipmunks dressed in over sized shirts? I mean if he was going to have chipmunks you would think he would dress them properly right? I would any way.
  • A Classic Favorite

A great show many can remember. If you would like to find out more about the Chipmunks or add your knowledge, check out Munkapedia:
  • Chipmunks rock!

I watched this show every single day and never miss an episode! I used to role play from this show with my two cousins it was the funnest game ever! I liked Theodore the best because he was always worrying! He was the short one and that made him the cute one! Alvin was the most popular one because he was red and the leader of the chipmunks when they would get into trouble. The show overall is very good it brings to life the cutest chipmunks and it follows their little dramas when they get into trouble. I wish they would bring the show back on!
  • Saturday morning favorite.

I'm not quite old enough to have watched this show when it originally ran on nbc, or wherever it is they showed, but I do remember watching reruns on Cartoon Network, and it used to be one of my favorites. Then of course, I got older, and I forgot about it eventually. But, when the CGI movie came out, the memories came back, and they came back quickly. I managed to find old episodes on YouTube, and I reaaaaaaly wish that it would be brought back, cuz I miss it like CRAZY. Hopefully, the sequel to the CGI movie will hold me over until people get the sense to put this amazing show back on the air.
  • ALLLVVIINNN!!!

I remember rushing home when I was ounger just to watch this show and Muppet Babies. I have seen the show recently on one of the cable channels about twice but it does not seem to have a definite time. I wish they would bringit back. This was a childhood classic for me. Alvin, Simon and Theodore were always getting into some hairy situation with ALvin being the ring leader. Dave was so cool to father these chipmunks. I always thought he was an adorable dad. Now as if the show wasn't good enough, they decided to add the female chimpmunks. The boys' little lovers. Brittany, Jeanette and Eleanor. The more the merrier , right? They ought to bring this back for the little kiddies today and the adults who still remember them.
  • Chipmunks will take over the world . . . Mwah Ha Ha!!

When i was a kid this was my favourite show on the box. Until those damn chipettes showed up lol. Alvin, Simon and Theodore were amazing, although i didn't like the father. I think that if he were here today he would be prosequted for neglect of those little chipmunks. He was never there to look after them. Boo, Hiss! Anyway they had buckets of chip - munky fun without him. Spoil Sport. The theme tune was excellent to, so packed full of energy. A classic, compared to the shows on the idiot's box nowadays. (Ha, see what i did there!:P)
  • The show that I grew up with when I was a kid back in the 1990s.

I wasn't born in the 80's but still I grew up with this show. I remembered I use to take a tape out and have my mom record me the episodes when I was off to school. I loved it so much. To tell you the truth also I was one of those girls who had a crush on alvin. This show is adorable and funny. I remember one episode where Alvin's watch got stolen by these bullies and they had Mr. T help them out with thier predicerment. An awesome show with great music, lovable characters, and the oh so adorable alvin that we all know and love!
  • I like watching this show because is entertaining for children and teachings them on how to better on what they are if the children have talents or not but keep trying to do the best! I love this show and watch as a child!

I like watching this show because is entertaining for children and teachings them on how to better on what they are if the children have talents or not but keep trying to do the best! I love this show and watch as a child! Alvin & the chipmunk is funny entertaining and very good to be put back on cartoons so children of all ages could enjoy it, the Alvin & the chipmunks movie was great and would love to see more of the chipmunks more often, Alvin and the chipmunks is a great show to watch and fascinates children, my little brothers love Alvin & the chipmunks and I know other children will too.
  • This show was about 3 chipmunk boys and their "father", Dave. Also, the Chipettes were introduced, who were the Chipmunks' girlfriends/friendly music rivals.

This show is my favorite cartoon show! I used to watch it all the time on Cartoon Network, and I still watch the old episodes I taped every now and then. Alvin and the Chipmunks have always been classics and i personally think that this show is what people will remember the most about their fame.I also loved how they brought in the Chipettes and how they matched up the Chipmunks and Chipettes' personalities together.Most of the "Go To The Movies" episodes from season 6 are now available to own on DVD. Overall, Alvin and the Chipmunks was just a great show.
  • One of the best shows of the 80s!

This is one of my most favorite 80s shows! Even though I wasn't born until the 1990s, I still grew up loving this show. This was one of the first shows I ever grew up watching. I've mostly seen the Holliday specials and Chipmunks go to the Movies. I love how they do 'Alvin and the Chipmunks' versions of different movies. My favorite ones I've seen so far are 'Batmunk' and 'Funny We Shrunk the Adults'. Their Holliday specials are pretty good too! I think the Christmas special and the Valintines Day ones are the cutest. The Halloween ones are pretty cool too! I have seen some other episodes before and they are pretty good. I've seen all 3 movies before! 'The Chipmunk Adventure' is pretty cool and so was the Warewolf one and I think the Frankenstine one was cute. I think it's pretty cool hearing Chipmunk versions of different songs. I buy every DVD of this show that comes out and I hope that one day it will come out on DVD boxsets. I also hope that one day there will be a new 'Alvin and the Chipmunks' tv series as long as it doesn't ruin this one.
  • Alvin and the Chimpmunk.Lets see its the many adventure of Alvin,Simon and Theodore.Who sometime gets into micheifs.Who also sometime can sing as well.They live with Dave.Who raised them liked his own children. their rivals the feamale chimpunks.

Alvin and the Chimpmunk.Lets see its the many adventure of Alvin,Simon and Theodore.Who sometime gets into micheifs.Who also sometime can sing as well.They live with Dave(but his a human whats up with that).Who raised them liked his own children.Due to the fact,that their mother left them in his care (why ? did she die or what??).To be perfectly honest this is serious classic.Something that was an amazing show.Altough the theme song is annoying.Other than that the cartoon was great.I used to watch few movies from them even some that were recent.
  • Bring em Back!

When I was little, Alvin and the chipmunks were my favorite tv show! I vaguely remember some of the episodes, but I've seen the newer ones as well, including the two new movies of them. I just purchased the dvd expasion pack, including in it, 5 dvds of every episode ever made! Not including the movies though. But I'm really looking forward to seeing them! I bought it online so it should take about a week to get it. But as soon as I do, I'm planning on posting every episode on You Tube! Wish me luck. And be ready to bring the show back on air!
  • My favorite childohood memory is watching this show.

I used to watch this show back when it was on. It was probably my favorite show back then, and I\'d watch it if it was still on. I have a bunch of the cassette specials, and a few recorded on a tape somewhere in the attic. I wish they\'d put it on again.
  • I related a lot to the chipmunks, because I grew up with one of three siblings like the chipmunks were. We each identified with one of the characters, my oldest sister was like Simon, middle sister was like Alvin, and I was the youngest, and chubby, so

I was Theodore. Wow, this show really takes me back. It was a weird concept when you think about it, a grown man adopting talking chipmunks-but it had the making of a really cool cartoon. Wholesome shows like this with heart and a message just don't exist anymore. The songs were the coolest (back then) and you really weren't made to feel stupid or uncool (at least I wasn't) for singing along with them. They guaranteed they'd 'brighten your day' and they always did. It was a cute, entertaining show for kids that still holds up even today. Do, do, do-do-do-do!
  • Bring 'Em Back!

This truly is one of my favorites. No matter how old I get, this is one cartoon I will forever love to watch. Classics like this should always stay on air for the next generation, even if it’s only reruns after a while. I wish a station would pick this show back up...I miss these guys, and I want to play the for my kids. This show beats 90% of anything they play on TV now... the cartoon showing channels at least.

Bring Back Alvin, Simon Theodor!!!

The Chipettes And David Too...LOL!!!

Do they have it for sale on DVD at least?
  • Alvin, Simon, Theodore

Alvin and The chipmunks was a great show, I miss it, it was funny and smart. I liked Alvin always getting into trouble, Simon the smart one having an answer for everything and Theodore the scared one, and Dave the on who always took care of them and putting up with what ever mayhem Alvin caused. There was also the three girls, I cant remember thery names but they where cute and put Alvin, Simon, and Theodore in their places sometimes.
  • A classic cartoon.

Alvin and the Chipmunks. Who doesn't remember Alvin and his brothers? Their crazy antics andmischiefthey caused? I certainly do.

This show was basically about three chipmunks- Alvin, Theodore and Simon. The three of them had their own band. They lived with Dave. They went on crazy adventures, the likes. Probably sounds like a lot of other TV shows you've seen, doesn't it? So what makes Alvin and the Chipmunks so special?

It's probably it's good voice acting, good music, good morals, humor and the chipmunks themselves, with their own personality. Their interactions were always fun to watch.

I certainly believe that Alvin and the Chipmunks was a good show for it's time. It taught children all sorts of different lessons and was definitely a great show for kids.

• This was one of the better shows I remember growing up. It had interesting main characters, good morales, and three very cute female counterparts.

This show was one I enjoyed watching when it was on.

It had solid music, good voice actors, and nice dilemmas at times too.

The chipmunks were interesting to watch, from the selfish, egotistical Alvin, the brainiac Simon, and the sweet, yet food crazy Theodore. All three of had different personalities, yet they complimented each other very well I thought.

David Seville was a solid father figure for them as well. But of course, he was best known for yelling the name, Alvin. XD That never gets old.

But I think most would agree the show was best known for the introducing the Chipmunks female counterparts, the Chipettes, 3 beautiful young girls who I think alot of young boys had a crush on, but that's just me.

Sadly though, they were basically the Chipmunks in personality. But still, I enjoyed watching them, especially when they and Chipmunks got into competition against each other. Very funny moments at times.

Although, one thing about this show has bothered me recently as I look back on it. Both the Chipmunks and Chipettes tried to date human boys and girls during their time in school. Uh, am I the only one who thinks this isn't a bit like bestiality? Granted of course, they're anthro chipmunks, especially with the Chipettes looking almost identical to their human girl counterparts except for their facial features, but still, why would any girl or boy want to date them? Do they have a thing for anthro animals, or even furries for that matter? Uh, never mind. This subject is getting way too creepy now.

Anyway, all and all, this was a solid show to watch. It wasn't perfect, but enjoyable at times.
  • Take a ride with Alvin, Simon, and Theodore.

Alvin, Simon, and Theodore were three child sized chipmunks who lived with there guardian, Dave. The three Chipmunks were superstars who were all part of a rock and roll band. This weekday morning cartoon told the tales and adventures of this wild trio. Alvin (the trouble maker), Simon (the brains), and Theodore (the hungry one) all played a vital role in this entertaining animated series. Any fan of the 80's will get a kick out of this show.

The Chipmunks cover many famous songs in their band that were originally done by Elton John, Micheal Jackson, and The Beach Boys.
< 1 2