Alvin & the Chipmunks

NBC (ended 1991)

Tubelubber

Alvin & the Chipmunks Fan Reviews (46)

• A childhood classic

This show is just so funny, had amazing plots,and i just loved the chipmunks' voices. I use to watch this almost everyday with my grandma and cousins when we were young in the 80s,and even if your old too you'll really enjoy this show.It will bring a smile to your face, Alvin is the middle,mischevious,yet likeable and charismatic chipmunk, Simon the oldest that always has to bail alvin out of his shenanigans and cant stand getting introuble,while theodore the youngest is just the sweetest, caring chipmunk who loves animals and eatting.Lets not forget about their father that brought them in when they were orphans,Dave,or "ALVIN!!!!" anyways i recommend it to young or old,its a classic and it has the same classic never get old jokes and mischief as the classic looney tunes series.
  • Over all summar of the show.

In the 80's Alvin and the Chipmunks was the top of their gang. They had everything from a multi-billion dollar franchise including CD's, clothing, toys - - Just about everything under the sun. But, one thing was missing. Ahh, one thing that would make the gang eternal in our memories -- and hearts. That would be an animated television series. In the 80's most cartoons were usually made to introduce a new toy line. For example He-Man started out as a doll and to boost sales a Saturday Morning cartoon series was made. Alvin & the Chipmunks was no exception. After the series premiered chipmunk merchandise flourished and kids (and adults!) couldn't get enough. The success of the show may also have been part of the other animated program from the 60's that was called The Alvin Show. By the time Alvin & the Chipmunks premiered most of the original fans of the Alvin Show were all grown up and wanted their kids to experience the joy of Alvin and the Chipmunks. The show lasted six production seasons, until 1991. In the third season, the show introduced The Chipettes, three female versions of the Chipmunks with their own human counterpart, the myopic Mrs. Miller. Many fans consider this the moment when the show jumped the shark. After 1987, the show was renamed just The Chipmunks to indicate that there were now two groups of them. In 1987, during the fifth season of the show on television, the Chipmunks had their first (and thus far, only) animated feature film, The Chipmunk Adventure, directed by Janice Karman and released to theatres by The Samuel Goldwyn Company. The film featured the Chipmunks and the Chipettes in a contest traveling around the world. Other than improved production values, the movie was more of an extended and enhanced episode of the series.

For the sixth and final season, the show switched production companies (to DiC Entertainment) and switched titles again: Chipmunks Go to the Movies. Each episode in this season was a spoof of a Hollywood film, such as Back to the Future, Dick Tracy, and others. In additional, several television specials featuring the characters were also released. At the conclusion of the sixth season, the show was cancelled again. In 1990 a direct to video was released that stared many pop phenomenon cartoons from the 80's teaching children about the dangers of drugs. Some of the many shows were Muppet Babies, Garfield, The Chipmunks, etc. A live-action feature-length movie is in development by 20th Century Fox, featuring computer-animated Chipmunks and a live-action David Seville. It is scheduled to be released in theatres around 2006. Currently fans our eagerly waiting the day they will hear the news of Alvin & the Chipmunks to be released on DVD. Today, it is no longer a "if" the show will be released; it is a when. 80's items are selling like hot cakes and with the recent news of Ducktales and Chip 'N Dale Rescue Rangers to be released only a few months from now on November, 8, 2005 rumor is Chipmunks will soon follow to promote the feature length movie. Not only does the show have numerous T.V episodes, but it also has many direct to video/DVD movies such as Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet Frankenstein, Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet the Wolfman, and the new line of Chipmunks DVDs called "Alvin and the mini Chipmunks".
  • Cartoon Network made the ultimate mistake

Alvin & The Chipmunks was like one the best Saturday morning cartoons of the mid to late 80's. It was my 2nd favorite behind the Smurfs. The mix of concert performance and adventure went very well. It was never a dull moment especially with Alvin causing the meyhem. I loved the theme song to death especially when the show was renamed "The Chipmunks". The song had then the same lyrics but a different beat. I can't seem to find it on any of the Chipmunk websites so if anybody knows where I can find it let me know! I also loved the fact that they can sing the songs of real life recording artists but at the same time putting their high-pitched spin on it to make it their own. With Alvin as lead singer who sometimes played the guitar, Simon and Theodore who were the backup singers on the keyboards and drums, they had the right song for the right situation in any adventure. Rounding out the cast was David "Dave" Seville the father and manager of the boys (whom Alvin causes him much grief), and their opposite sex mirror-image counterparts, the Chipettes (Brittany, Jeanette and Eleanor) who were cared for and looked after by their adopted mother Ms. Miller. I loved the show for the first 7 seasons on NBC as well the syndicated season 6. (For those who don't know, in season 6 when the title changed to "The Chipmunks" on NBC, there was also a syndicated version of season 6 with all new episodes but still kept the old "Alvin & The Chipmunks" title.) Loved this show. Cartoon Network mad a terrible mistake when they pulled it from their lineup. I'm waiting for this show to come to DVD! I would've gave this show a perfect 10, but I didn't like the final season when the show once again changed. I thought "The Chipmunks Go To The Movies" just plain sucked. And that's hard for me to say being a Chipmunk fan.
  • Alvin and the Chimpunks get's off as a kids show.

Alvin and the Chimpunks is about 3 Chimpmunks who go out and save the world. I saw my first episode that warewoof episode a long time ago and I get the feeling that this so has great acting with cute little Chimpmunks. I just saw the movie at the movie theater and the movie was a comedy. I just bought the DVD last month and my sister watches it almost all the time. My little sister is really into Comedy shows now. shes not yet in the movies, but she is going to. I also think her best episode is the adventures I think it's because it helps kids learn about other Countrys other than United states or any other Countrys that other kids live in to this point. I love the adventure to. I got to watch more episodes because me and my lil sis hasen't seen all of them I don't think...
  • i love that show it's cool i wish i can still watch alvin and the chipmunks :( it suck's that it is gone this the greatest show i ever watched in my life it great love u guy's alvin and the chipmunks brittany chipette is my fav charater u rock brattany!!!

i love that show it's cool i wish i can still watch alvin and the chipmunks :( it suck's that it is gone the greatest show i ever watched in my life it great love u guy's alvin and the chipmunks brittany chipette is my fav charater u rock brittany!!!

• I love this show! The Chipmunks are three superstars. The female counterparts are the Chipettes, who joined them in the 1980's. The songs on the show is great. Bring them back for a great reunion. They do covers of the 80's songs.

I was a fan of the show for a long time since the 1980's when I was in elementary school. I was two years old and about to enter preschool when the show started. I was ten and a fourth grader in grade school when the show ended. One of my favorite guilty pleasures. My favorite characters of the Chipmunks are: Alvin (the leader, who wears red and bosses his brothers around), Simon (the brain in glasses, who wears blue), and Theodore (the shy youngest, who wears teal). My most favorite characters of the Chipettes are: Brittany (the outspoken redhead, who wears pink), Jeanette (the brainy brunette, who wears black and purple), and Eleanor (the shy youngest blonde, who wears turquoise). I hope they do a parody of the current tv show "The OC". That would be great.
  • Way Before The Wiggles

It Started When The Wiggles Didn,t Sing (But Jeff And Anthony) And Ended When The Wiggles Were Almost Coming
    See See

Alvin And The Chipmunks: September 17, 1983
    The Wiggles: January 16, 1991
    But I Love Both Bands But This Has To Come Back And The Wiggles Didn,t End
    COOL!
    as everyone knows Wikipedia doesn't always have their facts straight, so I'm not sure ifthis is true or not. On the wikipedia site, it says- 20th Century Fox announced Alvin and the Chipmunks 3-D (the 3rd movie) will be released world wide Dec. 16, 2011. If thats true & since it has more than a… More year to come out, I'm sure things will change, like maybe the title of the movie or the release date.
    I never took a second language class in school so I don't know much spanish, can anyone tell me everything the little plush dolls said and what Ian said at the end of the movie?
  • Ah, The Chipmunks. I don't think there is another cartoon I enjoyed more, think I watched just about every episode from them.

Ah, The Chipmunks. I don't think there is another cartoon I enjoyed more, think I watched just about every episode from them. I don't remember all of them and some of them just a bit. My brothers lil boy absolutely loves them. He got to know them from when they would come visit us and he would watch them on the teletoon retro channel at our place, and I my self still love to watch them whenever I can. Brings back so many memories of when I was a kid, I was obsessed with them, still am a bit you could say. I wish they would release the entire series in a set, each and every episode. So many I would love to watch again that you just never see anymore like Sploosh, just to name one of the many. One of the best cartoons ever made in my opinion.
  • My personal favourite!! Bring it back!

I wasn't born at this time, but I do remember watch a little of this when I was two or three years old. I also live in the Philippines so its impossible for them to show it here or sell it here.
    After watching the 2007 movie, I decided to have a little nostalgic moment. I was amazed on how were the episodes done. I passed the show to my 4 years old brother and he totally loved it.
    His favourite episodes are: "Batmunk", "Funny, We Shrunk the Adults", "Back to Alvin's Future", "Robomunk", "Cookie Chomper the 3rd" and "Daytona Jones". He just started watching it 1 month ago....now he has tons of favourite episodes. =)
  • One of the most clear shows I have ever watched with great characters, plot and music!

It has been a while since I watched the series. But after I watched a few DVDs of the series, I feel in love with the series. Now I know why I loved the series, it is so fun to watch with good characters, humor, plot and also great music. Personally I wish they could reintroduce the series again, that would be awesome! Also I like the parodies they do like Batman, Robocop, Moonlight(The Dreamlight Episode), Indiana Jones and Star Trek. They do a great job on all the parodies. It would awesome to see the Chipmucks do parodies again, even as specials outside the series.

I heard there is suppose to be a new Chipmuck movie next year or something and would introduce the Chipettes. I just hope it is not the recent live action movie, I don't like the idea of using CG of actually Chipmucks, nor the idea of live action. I would of been just fine with a animated or a 3D movie instead in their classic forms we all know and love.

I hope they release the rest of the 1980s version of Alivn and the Chipmucks soon!
  • One of a Kind, A good cartoon that I really enjoyed when I was younger.

I really enjoyed watching this cartoon, I was named after one of the chipmunks on the show so my mom like the show also, but they really need a channel that plays all the old cartoons that were on T.V because the cartons now I am really not enjoying most of them and I am a cartoon person so I would love to see a decent cartoon have and there on T.V like Alvin and the Chipmunks. Anyway great cartoon, one of the kind, everyone would be able to enjoy this cartoon, it is very simple and funny, kids would love it if it was re-newed and on T.V now.
  • A true favourite

You know a show is good when no matter how old you get you still enjoy it and you are able to watch it with your children and they enjoy it as much as you do.

Alvin, Simon and Theodore, three mischevious chipmunks, the ring leader always Alvin, always being kept in check by their human father Dave or at least he tried to keep them in check, poor man was always hollering Alvin. They had a band
    and yes rivals, or girlfriends, the status changed with the situation. Brittany, Jeanette and Eleanor were also chipmunks, known to be as competitive as the boys and with Brittany as lead got into trouble as well as their male counterparts. A true classic that will be enjoyed for decades to come.
  • Awesome!

This show was my first favorite cartoon as a kid, and is still one of my all time favorites today. I would sit on my mom's bed, and watch it on an old black and white TV. The stories and adventures were great, i like all the chipmunks -Alvin, because he's the leader, Simon, because he's sort of a braniac, and probably Theodore the most, cuz he's just so darn cute with those bucky teeth! I seriously hope they relase some on DVD, it would be great to have!
  • Good Wholesome Stuff

I was the associate producer for this show. It was, at the time, one of the only shows without crazy violence or monsters etc....

It was, in my opinion, not a good as the original "Alvin Show" as it became more and more about the characters need for money....However, the owners of the characters Ross Bagdasarian and Janice Karman are highly protective of these characters and demand only the best from everyone who works on it. While Ross B was, at times, quite difficult to work for he did give everyone who worked for him opportunities they would not have had elsewhere.

I did hundreds of voice for this show because of his generousity and trust. It was a blast!!!

These shows are classic and should be on DVD. They are quality from begginning to end. With the exception of the final year "Chipmunks Go To The Movies" which was NBC's idiotic idea and this final season sucked! It did not do the entire series justice.
  • Witty and Wacky!

A classic cartoon with oodles of talent!
  • We're the Chipmunks, C-H-I-P-M-U-N-K!

Who doesn't like a show that throws you back into your childhood? I have to say that I nearly forgot about this until the movie that recently came out. Who would have thought that an hour and a half could bring back so many memories. This cartoon is not brilliant, but it's the type of simplistic television that throws you into it's world, and doesn't let you go until you hit the off button. Alvin and the Chipmunks is the type of show that keeps you a fan for decades, even long after you have grown up and left most of your childhood shows behind.
  • This was one of the better shows I remember growing up. It had interesting main characters, good morales, and three very cute female counterparts.

This show was one I enjoyed watching when it was on.

It had solid music, good voice actors, and nice dilemmas at times too.

The chipmunks were interesting to watch, from the selfish, egotistical Alvin, the brainiac Simon, and the sweet, yet food crazy Theodore. All three of had different personalities, yet they complimented each other very well I thought.

David Seville was a solid father figure for them as well. But of course, he was best known for yelling the name, Alvin. XD That never gets old.

But I think most would agree the show was best known for the introducing the Chipmunks female counterparts, the Chipettes, 3 beautiful young girls who I think alot of young boys had a crush on, but that's just me.

Sadly though, they were basically the Chipmunks in personality. But still, I enjoyed watching them, especially when they and Chipmunks got into competition against each other. Very funny moments at times.

Although, one thing about this show has bothered me recently as I look back on it. Both the Chipmunks and Chipettes tried to date human boys and girls during their time in school. Uh, am I the only one who thinks this isn't a bit like bestiality? Granted of course, they're anthro chipmunks, especially with the Chipettes looking almost identical to their human girl counterparts except for their facial features, but still, why would any girl or boy want to date them? Do they have a thing for anthro animals, or even furries for that matter? Uh, never mind. This subject is getting way too creepy now.

Anyway, all and all, this was a solid show to watch. It wasn't perfect, but enjoyable at times.
  • Take a ride with Alvin, Simon, and Theodore.

Alvin, Simon, and Theodore were three child sized chipmunks who lived with there guardian, Dave. The three Chipmunks were superstars who were all part of a rock and roll band. This weekday morning cartoon told the tales and adventures of this wild trio. Alvin (the trouble maker), Simon (the brains), and Theodore (the hungry one) all played a vital role in this entertaining animated series. Any fan of the 80's will get a kick out of this show.

The Chipmunks cover many famous songs in their band that were originally done by Elton John, Micheal Jackson, and The Beach Boys.
  • A classic cartoon.

Alvin and the Chipmunks. Who doesn't remember Alvin and his brothers? Their crazy antics andmischiefthey caused? I certainly do.

This show was basically about three chipmunks- Alvin, Theodore and Simon. The three of them had their own band. They lived with Dave. They went on crazy adventures, the likes. Probably sounds like a lot of other TV shows you've seen, doesn't it? So what makes Alvin and the Chipmunks so special?

It's probably it's good voice acting, good music, good morals, humor and the chipmunks themselves, with their own personality. Their interactions were always fun to watch.

I certainly believe that Alvin and the Chipmunks was a good show for it's time. It taught children all sorts of different lessons and was definitely a great show for kids.

• The show that I grew up with when I was a kid back in the 1990s.

I wasn't born in the 80's but still I grew up with this show. I remembered I use to take a tape out and have my mom record me the episodes when I was off to school. I loved it so much. To tell you the truth also I was one of those girls who had a crush on alvin. This show is adorable and funny. I remember one episode where Alvin's watch got stolen by these bullies and they had Mr. T help them out with thier predicerment. An awesome show with great music, lovable characters, and the oh so adorable alvin that we all know and love!
  • I like watching this show because is entertaining for children and teachings them on how to better on what they are if the children have talents or not but keep trying to do the best! I love this show and watch as a child!

I like watching this show because is entertaining for children and teachings them on how to better on what they are if the children have talents or not but keep trying to do the best! I love this show and watch as a child! Alvin & the chipmunk is funny entertaining and very good to be put back on cartoons so children of all ages could enjoy it, the Alvin & the chipmunks movie was great and would love to see more of the chipmunks more often, Alvin and the chipmunks is a great show to watch and fascinates children, my little brothers love Alvin & the chipmunks and I know other children will too.
  • This show was about 3 chipmunk boys and their "father", Dave. Also, the Chipettes were introduced, who were the Chipmunks' girlfriends/friendly music rivals.

This show is my favorite cartoon show! I used to watch it all the time on Cartoon Network, and I still watch the old episodes I taped every now and then. Alvin and the Chipmunks have always been classics and i personally think that this show is what people will remember the most about their fame.I also loved how they brought in the Chipettes and how they matched up the Chipmunks and Chipettes' personalities together.Most of the "Go To The Movies" episodes from season 6 are now available to own on DVD. Overall, Alvin and the Chipmunks was just a great show.
  • One of the best shows of the 80s!

This is one of my most favorite 80s shows! Even though I wasn't born until the 1990s, I still grew up loving this show. This was one of the first shows I ever grew up watching. I've mostly seen the Holliday specials and Chipmunks go to the Movies. I love how they do 'Alvin and the Chipmunks' versions of different movies. My favorite ones I've seen so far are 'Batmunk' and 'Funny We Shrunk the Adults'. Their Holliday specials are pretty good too! I think the Christmas special and the Valintines Day ones are the cutest. The Halloween ones are pretty cool too! I have seen some other episodes before and they are pretty good. I've seen all 3 movies before! 'The Chipmunk Adventure' is pretty cool and so was the Warewolf one and I think the Frankenstine one was cute. I think it's pretty cool hearing Chipmunk versions of different songs. I buy every DVD of this show that comes out and I hope that one day it will come out on DVD boxsets. I also hope that one day there will be a new 'Alvin and the Chipmunks' tv series as long as it doesn't ruin this one.
  • Alvin and the Chimpmunk.Lets see its the many adventure of Alvin,Simon and Theodore.Who sometime gets into micheifs.Who also sometime can sing as well.They live with Dave.Who raised them liked his own children. their rivals the feamale chimpunks.

Alvin and the Chimpmunk.Lets see its the many adventure of Alvin,Simon and Theodore.Who sometime gets into micheifs.Who also sometime can sing as well.They live with Dave(but his a human whats up with that).Who raised them liked his own children.Due to the fact,that their mother left them in his care (why ? did she die or what??).To be perfectly honest this is serious classic.Something that was an amazing show.Altough the theme song is annoying.Other than that the cartoon was great.I used to watch few movies from them even some that were recent.
  • Bring em Back!

When I was little, Alvin and the chipmunks were my favorite tv show! I vaguely remember some of the episodes, but I've seen the newer ones as well, including the two new movies of them. I just purchased the dvd expasion pack, including in it, 5 dvds of every episode ever made! Not including the movies though. But I'm really looking forward to seeing them! I bought it online so it should take about a week to get it. But as soon as I do, I'm planning on posting every episode on You Tube! Wish me luck. And be ready to bring the show back on air!
  • My favorite childohood memory is watching this show.

I used to watch this show back when it was on. It was probably my favorite show back then, and I\'d watch it if it was still on. I have a bunch of the cassette specials, and a few recorded on a tape somewhere in the attic. I wish they\'d put it on again.
  • I related a lot to the chipmunks, because I grew up with one of three siblings like the chipmunks were. We each identified with one of the characters, my oldest sister was like Simon, middle sister was like Alvin, and I was the youngest, and chubby, so

I was Theodore. Wow, this show really takes me back. It was a weird concept when you think about it, a grown man adopting talking chipmunks-but it had the making of a really cool cartoon. Wholesome shows like this with heart and a message just don't exist anymore. The songs were the coolest (back then) and you really weren't made to feel stupid or uncool (at least I wasn't) for singing along with them. They guaranteed they'd 'brighten your day' and they always did. It was a cute, entertaining show for kids that still holds up even today. Do, do, do-do-do-do!
  • Bring 'Em Back!

This truly is one of my favorites. No matter how old I get, this is one cartoon I will forever love to watch. Classics like this should always stay on air for the next generation, even if it’s only reruns after a while. I wish a station would pick this show back up...I miss these guys, and I want to play the for my kids. This show beats 90% of anything they play on TV now... the cartoon showing channels at least.

Bring Back Alvin, Simon Theodor!!!

The Chipettes And David Too...LOL!!!

Do they have it for sale on DVD at least?
  • Alvin, Simon, Theodore

Alvin and The chipmunks was a great show, I miss it, it was funny and smart. I liked Alvin always getting into trouble, Simon the smart one having an answer for everything and Theodore the scared one, and Dave the on who always took care of them and putting up with what ever mayhem Alvin caused. There was also the three girls, I cant remember thery names but they where cute and put Alvin, Simon, and Theodore in their places sometimes.
  • Chipmunks will take over the world . . . Mwah Ha Ha!!

When i was a kid this was my favourite show on the box. Until those damn chipettes showed up lol. Alvin, Simon and Theodore were amazing, although i didn't like the father. I think that if he were here today he would be prosequted for neglect of those little chipmunks. He was never there to look after them. Boo, Hiss! Anyway they had buckets of chip - munky fun without him. Spoil Sport. The theme tune was excellent to, so packed full of energy. A classic, compared to the shows on the idiot's box nowadays. (Ha, see what i did there!:P)
< 1 2