Alvin & the Chipmunks

NBC (ended 1991)

Tubelubber

Alvin & the Chipmunks Fan Reviews (46)

• Chipmunks!

Some ep (96)
  • Terrible and Horrible!

I remember watching this show, most episodes of this show containing too many stupid endings! Well, the only episode I liked is the "Chipmunk Reunion". That was so emotional at the end!
  • A Classic Favorite

A great show many can remember. If you would like to find out more about the Chipmunks or add your knowledge, check out Munkapedia:
  • Witty and Wacky!

A classic cartoon with oodles of talent!
  • A classic cartoon.

Alvin and the Chipmunks. Who doesn't remember Alvin and his brothers? Their crazy antics andmischiefthey caused? I certainly do.

This show was basically about three chipmunks- Alvin, Theodore and Simon. The three of them had their own band. They lived with Dave. They went on crazy adventures, the likes. Probably sounds like a lot of other TV shows you've seen, doesn't it? So what makes Alvin and the Chipmunks so special?

It's probably it's good voice acting, good music, good morals, humor and the chipmunks themselves, with their own personality. Their interactions were always fun to watch.

I certainly believe that Alvin and the Chipmunks was a good show for it's time. It taught children all sorts of different lessons and was definitely a great show for kids.

• i love that show it's cool i wish i can still watch alvin and the chipmunks :( it suck's that it is gone this the greatest show i ever watched in my life it great love u guy's alvin and the chipmunks brittany chipette is my fav charater u rock brattany!!!

i love that show it's cool i wish i can still watch alvin and the chipmunks :( it suck's that it is gone the greatest show i ever watched in my life it great love u guy's alvin and the chipmunks brittany chipette is my fav charater u rock brittany!!!

• This was one of the better shows I remember growing up. It had interesting main characters, good morales, and three very cute female counterparts.

This show was one I enjoyed watching when it was on.

It had solid music, good voice actors, and nice dilemmas at times too.

The chipmunks were interesting to watch, from the selfish, egotistical Alvin, the brainiac Simon, and the sweet, yet food crazy Theodore. All three of had different personalities, yet they complimented each other very well I thought.

David Seville was a solid father figure for them as well. But of course, he was best known for yelling the name, Alvin. XD That never gets old.

But I think most would agree the show was best known for the introducing the Chipmunks female counterparts, the Chipettes, 3 beautiful young girls who I think alot of young boys had a crush on, but that's just me.

Sadly though, they were basically the Chipmunks in personality. But still, I enjoyed watching them, especially when they and Chipmunks got into competition against each other. Very funny moments at times.

Although, one thing about this show has bothered me recently as I look back on it. Both the Chipmunks and Chipettes tried to date human boys and girls during their time in school. Uh, am I the only one who thinks this isn't a bit like bestiality? Granted of course, they're anthro chipmunks, especially with the Chipettes looking almost identical to their human girl counterparts except for their facial features, but still, why would any girl or boy want to date them? Do they have a thing for anthro animals, or even furries for that matter? Uh, never mind. This subject is getting way too creepy now.

Anyway, all and all, this was a solid show to watch. It wasn't perfect, but enjoyable at times.
  • Alvin and the Chimpunks get's off as a kids show.

Alvin and the Chimpunks is about 3 Chimpmunks who go out and save the world. I saw my first episode that warewoof episode a long time ago and I get the feeling that this so has great acting with cute little Chimpmunks. I just saw the movie at the movie theater and the movie was a comedy. I just bought the DVD last month and my sister watches it almost all the time. My little sister is really into Comedy shows now. shes not yet in the movies, but she is going to. I also think her best episode is the adventures I think it's because it helps kids learn about other Countrys other than United states or any other Countrys that other kids live in to this point. I love the adventure to. I got to watch more episodes because me and my lil sis hasen't seen all of them I don't think...
  • I love this show! The Chipmunks are three superstars. The female counterparts are the Chipettes, who joined them in the 1980's. The songs on the show is great. Bring them back for a great reunion. They do covers of the 80's songs.

I was a fan of the show for a long time since the 1980's when I was in elementary school. I was two years old and about to enter preschool when the show started. I was ten and a fourth grader in grade school when the show ended. One of my favorite guilty pleasures. My favorite characters of the Chipmunks are: Alvin (the leader, who wears red and bosses his brothers around), Simon (the brain in glasses, who wears blue), and Theodore (the shy youngest, who wears teal). My most favorite characters of the Chipettes are: Brittany (the outspoken redhead, who wears pink), Jeanette (the brainy brunette, who wears black and purple), and Eleanor (the shy youngest blonde, who wears turquoise). I hope they do a parody of the current tv show "The OC". That would be great.
  • Way Before The Wiggles

It Started When The Wiggles Didn,t Sing (But Jeff And Anthony) And Ended When The Wiggles Were Almost Coming
    See See

Alvin And The Chipmunks: September 17, 1983
    The Wiggles: January 16, 1991
    But I Love Both Bands But This Has To Come Back And The Wiggles Didn,t End
    COOL!
    as everyone knows Wikipedia doesn't always have their facts straight, so I'm not sure ifthis is true or not. On the wikipedia site, it says- 20th Century Fox announced Alvin and the Chipmunks 3-D (the 3rd movie) will be released world wide Dec. 16, 2011. If thats true & since it has more than a… More year to come out, I'm sure things will change, like maybe the title of the movie or the release date.
    I never took a second language class in school so I don't know much spanish, can anyone tell me everything the little plush dolls said and what Ian said at the end of the movie?
  • a well done cartoon that last for quite some time

i enjoyed the show alvin and chimpmonks it was a well done cartoon show it focuased around three chimpmonks called alvin simon and thedore and the father and they go through tons of crazy adventures that alvin most of the time gets them in to like going on a game show to win money by using a ear peace to cheat with and the dads is always screaming alvin which makes the show really good they have had movies liek they meet the wolfman and frankenstine and others and the show has had two theater movies that made alot of money for fox. so that is why i gave it a 8 points becasue even though the show is over they are still around for other things.
  • Ah, The Chipmunks. I don't think there is another cartoon I enjoyed more, think I watched just about every episode from them.

Ah, The Chipmunks. I don't think there is another cartoon I enjoyed more, think I watched just about every episode from them. I don't remember all of them and some of them just a bit. My brothers lil boy absolutely loves them. He got to know them from when they would come visit us and he would watch them on the teletoon retro channel at our place, and I my self still love to watch them whenever I can. Brings back so many memories of when I was a kid, I was obsessed with them, still am a bit you could say. I wish they would release the entire series in a set, each and every episode. So many I would love to watch again that you just never see anymore like Sploosh, just to name one of the many. One of the best cartoons ever made in my opinion.
  • My personal favourite!! Bring it back!

I wasn't born at this time, but I do remember watch a little of this when I was two or three years old. I also live in the Philippines so its impossible for them to show it here or sell it here.
    After watching the 2007 movie, I decided to have a little nostalgic moment. I was amazed on how were the episodes done. I passed the show to my 4 years old brother and he totally loved it.
    His favourite episodes are: "Batmunk", "Funny, We Shrunk the Adults", "Back to Alvin's Future", "Robomunk", "Cookie Chomper the 3rd" and "Daytona Jones". He just started watching it 1 month ago....now he has tons of favourite episodes. =)
  • One of the most clear shows I have ever watched with great characters, plot and music!

It has been a while since I watched the series. But after I watched a few DVDs of the series, I feel in love with the series. Now I know why I loved the series, it is so fun to watch with good characters, humor, plot and also great music. Personally I wish they could reintroduce the series again, that would be awesome! Also I like the parodies they do like Batman, Robocop, Moonlight(The Dreamlight Episode), Indiana Jones and Star Trek. They do a great job on all the parodies. It would awesome to see the Chipmucks do parodies again, even as specials outside the series.

I heard there is suppose to be a new Chipmuck movie next year or something and would introduce the Chipettes. I just hope it is not the recent live action movie, I don't like the idea of using CG of actually Chipmucks, nor the idea of live action. I would of been just fine with a animated or a 3D movie instead in their classic forms we all know and love.

I hope they release the rest of the 1980s version of Alivn and the Chipmucks soon!
  • The show that I grew up with when I was a kid back in the 1990s.

I wasn't born in the 80's but still I grew up with this show. I remembered I use to take a tape out and have my mom record me the episodes when I was off to school. I loved it so much. To tell you the truth also I was one of those girls who had a crush on alvin. This show is adorable and funny. I remember one episode where Alvin's watch got stolen by these bullies and they had Mr. T help them out with thier predicerment. An awesome show with great music, lovable characters, and the oh so adorable alvin that we all know and love!
  • Anyone With a Bad Review Of This Show,I HATE YOU!

Alvin, Simion, Theodore, Dave, Brittany, Jenette & Elenor Have The Biggest Fan Base!!!! And It Thats Brain To Make A Show Like This! The Big But Is The Movie. The Alvin And The Chipmunks Movie Wasnt Even Remotly Funny. The Fact that Dave Was Jason Lee Got Me Less Intersted. And Who Ever Heard Of A 'Uncle Iven?!' The Guy That Made Then The Star should Have been Uncle Harry & The Movie Should Have Been Animated. Well Back To The Show. I Loved 'Chipmunk Reunion' Because i Finialy Got To see There Mom. And I Saw How Dave Got Them in the 1st Place. Im Said Its Gone But There Memories Will Live On Forever!!
  • Saturday morning favorite.

I'm not quite old enough to have watched this show when it originally ran on nbc, or wherever it is they showed, but I do remember watching reruns on Cartoon Network, and it used to be one of my favorites. Then of course, I got older, and I forgot about it eventually. But, when the CGI movie came out, the memories came back, and they came back quickly. I managed to find old episodes on YouTube, and I reaaaaaaly wish that it would be brought back, cuz I miss it like CRAZY. Hopefully, the sequel to the CGI movie will hold me over until people get the sense to put this amazing show back on the air.
  • I like watching this show because is entertaining for children and teachings them on how to better on what they are if the children have talents or not but keep trying to do the best! I love this show and watch as a child!

I like watching this show because is entertaining for children and teachings them on how to better on what they are if the children have talents or not but keep trying to do the best! I love this show and watch as a child! Alvin & the chipmunk is funny entertaining and very good to be put back on cartoons so children of all ages could enjoy it, the Alvin & the chipmunks movie was great and would love to see more of the chipmunks more often, Alvin and the chipmunks is a great show to watch and fascinates children, my little brothers love Alvin & the chipmunks and I know other children will too.
  • This show was about 3 chipmunk boys and their "father", Dave. Also, the Chipettes were introduced, who were the Chipmunks' girlfriends/friendly music rivals.

This show is my favorite cartoon show! I used to watch it all the time on Cartoon Network, and I still watch the old episodes I taped every now and then. Alvin and the Chipmunks have always been classics and i personally think that this show is what people will remember the most about their fame.I also loved how they brought in the Chipettes and how they matched up the Chipmunks and Chipettes' personalities together.Most of the "Go To The Movies" episodes from season 6 are now available to own on DVD. Overall, Alvin and the Chipmunks was just a great show.
  • We're the Chipmunks, C-H-I-P-M-U-N-K!

Who doesn't like a show that throws you back into your childhood? I have to say that I nearly forgot about this until the movie that recently came out. Who would have thought that an hour and a half could bring back so many memories. This cartoon is not brilliant, but it's the type of simplistic television that throws you into it's world, and doesn't let you go until you hit the off button. Alvin and the Chipmunks is the type of show that keeps you a fan for decades, even long after you have grown up and left most of your childhood shows behind.
  • Three furry chipmunks left at the doorstep of poor Dave's house. Dave takes them in while having his own financial trouble. He discovers that they can sing and they help him make the hit song The Witch Doctor. Thus Alvin and the chipmunks were born.

Grew up watching Alvin and the Chipmunks and I wouldn't miss a single episode on Saturday morning cartoons. I really like the very first episode where their mom leaves them at Dave's doorstep and Dave doesn't know what to do. I like that they show him a very poor guy and bearing making it. I was kind of disappointed that the new movie Alvin and the Chipmunks didn't portray Dave poorer like on the series but of course nowadays it is easy to get everything on credit and easy to get stuff especially if he went to school. Have to say I love the chipmunks in diapers.
  • One of the best shows of the 80s!

This is one of my most favorite 80s shows! Even though I wasn't born until the 1990s, I still grew up loving this show. This was one of the first shows I ever grew up watching. I've mostly seen the Holliday specials and Chipmunks go to the Movies. I love how they do 'Alvin and the Chipmunks' versions of different movies. My favorite ones I've seen so far are 'Batmunk' and 'Funny We Shrunk the Adults'. Their Holliday specials are pretty good too! I think the Christmas special and the Valintines Day ones are the cutest. The Halloween ones are pretty cool too! I have seen some other episodes before and they are pretty good. I've seen all 3 movies before! 'The Chipmunk Adventure' is pretty cool and so was the Warewolf one and I think the Frankenstine one was cute. I think it's pretty cool hearing Chipmunk versions of different songs. I buy every DVD of this show that comes out and I hope that one day it will come out on DVD boxsets. I also hope that one day there will be a new 'Alvin and the Chipmunks' tv series as long as it doesn't ruin this one.
  • One of a Kind, A good cartoon that I really enjoyed when I was younger.

I really enjoyed watching this cartoon, I was named after one of the chipmunks on the show so my mom like the show also, but they really need a channel that plays all the old cartoons that were on T.V because the cartons now I am really not enjoying most of them and I am a cartoon person so I would love to see a decent cartoon have and there on T.V like Alvin and the Chipmunks. Anyway great cartoon, one of the kind, everyone would be able to enjoy this cartoon, it is very simple and funny, kids would love it if it was re-newed and on T.V now.
  • A true favourite

You know a show is good when no matter how old you get you still enjoy it and you are able to watch it with your children and they enjoy it as much as you do.

Alvin, Simon and Theodore, three mischevious chipmunks, the ring leader always Alvin, always being kept in check by their human father Dave or at least he tried to keep them in check, poor man was always hollering Alvin. They had a band
    and yes rivals, or girlfriends, the status changed with the situation. Brittany, Jeanette and Eleanor were also chipmunks, known to be as competitive as the boys and with Brittany as lead got into trouble as well as their male counterparts. A true classic that will be enjoyed for decades to come.
  • Alvin and the Chimpmunk.Lets see its the many adventure of Alvin,Simon and Theodore.Who sometime gets into micheifs.Who also sometime can sing as well.They live with Dave.Who raised them liked his own children. their rivals the feamale chimpunks.

Alvin and the Chimpmunk.Lets see its the many adventure of Alvin,Simon and Theodore.Who sometime gets into micheifs.Who also sometime can sing as well.They live with Dave(but his a human whats up with that).Who raised them liked his own children.Due to the fact,that their mother left them in his care (why ? did she die or what??).To be perfectly honest this is serious classic.Something that was an amazing show.Altough the theme song is annoying.Other than that the cartoon was great.I used to watch few movies from them even some that were recent.
  • Classic cartoon show revisited!!!!!

6.7
    Alvin and the Chimpmunk.Lets see its the many adventure of Alvin,Simon and Theodore.Who sometime gets into micheifs.Who also sometime can sing as well.They live with Dave.Who raised them liked his own children.Due to the fact,that their mother left them in his care.To be perfectly honest this is serious classic.Something that was an ok show.Altough the theme song is annoying.Other than that the cartoon was great.I used to watch few movies from them even some that were recent.My fav character was the chipmunks rival the chipetta(sp?) Britney.
  • Bring em Back!

When I was little, Alvin and the chipmunks were my favorite tv show! I vaguely remember some of the episodes, but I've seen the newer ones as well, including the two new movies of them. I just purchased the dvd expasion pack, including in it, 5 dvds of every episode ever made! Not including the movies though. But I'm really looking forward to seeing them! I bought it online so it should take about a week to get it. But as soon as I do, I'm planning on posting every episode on You Tube! Wish me luck. And be ready to bring the show back on air!
  • ALLLVVIINNN!!!

I remember rushing home when I was ounger just to watch this show and Muppet Babies. I have seen the show recently on one of the cable channels about twice but it does not seem to have a definite time. I wish they would bringit back. This was a childhood classic for me. Alvin, Simon and Theodore were always getting into some hairy situation with ALvin being the ring leader. Dave was so cool to father these chipmunks. I always thought he was an adorable dad. Now as if the show wasn't good enough, they decided to add the female chimpmunks. The boys' little lovers. Brittany, Jeanette and Eleanor. The more the merrier , right? They ought to bring this back for the little kiddies today and the adults who still remember them.
  • My favorite childohood memory is watching this show.

I used to watch this show back when it was on. It was probably my favorite show back then, and I\'d watch it if it was still on. I have a bunch of the cassette specials, and a few recorded on a tape somewhere in the attic. I wish they\'d put it on again.
  • My childhood revistited

7.3
    The 80's revival of Alvin and the Chipmunks. Alvin and the Chipmunks started out as a series of novelty records in 1958, which become so popular The Alvin Show was launched in 1961. But The Alvin Show only lasted one season with 26 episodes. The reruns proved to be popular though and a whole new series titled Alvin and the Chipmunks was launched to try out the competiton of Saturday morning line ups. By re-adopting The Chipmunks characters to the 80's with 80's style cartoon writing and a cover of a hit 80's song for each episode - Alvin and the Chipmunks wound up being very successful and are now considered as 80's as Ninja Turtles.