Alvin & the Chipmunks

NBC (ended 1991)

Tubelubber

Alvin & the Chipmunks Fan Reviews (46)

• This was one of the better shows I remember growing up. It had interesting main characters, good morales, and three very cute female counterparts.

This show was one I enjoyed watching when it was on.

It had solid music, good voice actors, and nice dilemmas at times too.

The chipmunks were interesting to watch, from the selfish, egotistical Alvin, the brainiac Simon, and the sweet, yet food crazy Theodore. All three of had different personalities, yet they complimented each other very well I thought.

David Seville was a solid father figure for them as well. But of course, he was best known for yelling the name, Alvin. XD That never gets old.

But I think most would agree the show was best known for the introducing the Chipmunks female counterparts, the Chipettes, 3 beautiful young girls who I think alot of young boys had a crush on, but that's just me.

Sadly though, they were basically the Chipmunks in personality. But still, I enjoyed watching them, especially when they and Chipmunks got into competition against each other. Very funny moments at times.

Although, one thing about this show has bothered me recently as I look back on it. Both the Chipmunks and Chipettes tried to date human boys and girls during their time in school. Uh, am I the only one who thinks this isn't a bit like bestiality? Granted of course, they're anthro chipmunks, especially with the Chipettes looking almost identical to their human girl counterparts except for their facial features, but still, why would any girl or boy want to date them? Do they have a thing for anthro animals, or even furries for that matter? Uh, never mind. This subject is getting way too creepy now.

Anyway, all and all, this was a solid show to watch. It wasn't perfect, but enjoyable at times.