Live Build Off - Pre-show Discussion Thread

bmoshier

[1]Nov 21, 2011
    • level: 47

This thread is for discussing the upcoming live build off between Senior, Junior, and Jesse on December 5 & 6, 2011.

We'll have a separate thread for comments and discussions during and another one following the build-off (three threads in total).

So, have at it! For example: What do you think of Jesse, his attitude, and his sending a cake with a male member on it to a place of work?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bmoshier

[2]Nov 21, 2011

I'm wondering what kind of a bike build off can occur in two days (two hours)? Obviously for any really good bike it will take longer than this to design, fab, paint, let the pain dry, etc. My thought is it will be striped down version of an entire bike build from start to finish. What do you think?

bmoshier

[3]Nov 21, 2011

How do you feel about how Jesse presented himself during the 11/21 episode (Old Rivals)? I mean sending a cake with a male member and saying OCC for life to the guys at PJD, plus his talk about how Senior and Junior are building bikes? Does he have a point on the theme bikes? He does have a point about the AC series being about theme bikes, but is that really bad?

I mean would you really want to watch a series about bike building on an assembly line (which is what most real people can afford) in Japan? Nah! When Jesse says real people, I'm wondering who he means, because most real people can't afford a hand built chopper, IMHO. May can barely afford an assembly line built one, I think.

In any case, a bike - such as the one Junior built for the World Trade Center Memorial - is really cool and I found it exciting and interesting to watch. Personally, I'd love to have seen more about the build and how they did it. Sometime I really miss the old days when they showed us the details of each build. What about you?