Paul Sr. is Sad

qwed88

[1]Aug 26, 2010
    • level: 2

Has anyone noticed he's lost allot of weight? I predict he's going to keel over with in the next two years. Hopefully he makes up with his sons before it's all over.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ritchie46

[2]Dec 11, 2010
    • level: 1

As you noted, Sr is looking poorly these days - let me guess: the steroids he was on to make him look like superman caused much of that aggression and ravaged his body? I would rather watch Jr and Mikey anytime. Jr's design skills made that business, seems like he should be treated with some level of respect. I always thought most of the bickering was a ruse to spice up the show but maybe it was really Sr's true colors? Can you say self-centered Jerk?

ltcomstella

[3]May 4, 2011
    • level: 18

and don't forget he was an 'alcoholic'

every excuse he can think of out it comes

hopefully they will make up and man hug seems that either the tv ppl have made it a term in the contract lol as each week of the new season some one is telling them to get over there differences

and he has spoke to and spent time with his other son dan.

WetDreamzMarine

[4]Sep 27, 2011
    • level: 1

Are you all forgetting that Paul Sr. founded and built OC Choppers? The kids were not even in the picture obviously until they were old enough to turn a wrench (maybe) and now they want all to take what their dad created? So what if he was an alcoholic, he made it back from a dark side which says a lot about his character don't you think? And for his son's to disrespect the very man that brought them into this world, gave them a roof and food then brought them into the OC Chopper business that he created, and now they want to put him down for being a bad person?

First off I think his son's need to get over their childish way's and pat their dad on the back for giving them the life they now have. Instead those boy's and yes I said boy's, treat their father like a piece of shit and now are pissed off because this self taught man wants to sue them for what he himself built! C'mon people this is not a divorce here and I am sure Paul Sr went through hell with that also, maybe his past comes to haunt him, but it is a shame when your own children step on you for not being a perfect human being. Let's all not forget the ole saying "the apple does not fall far from the tree"!!

I myself as a business owner have a son that could give two shit's about me or my business and I feel the pain in this story! I have been stepped on, taken advantage of, tried to bring my own son into the business but he wanted nothing to do with it and because of our past as father and son I am sure. Paul Jr does have talent yes, but who was his role model? Who woke those talents up for him? Who laid the ground work for where he now stands?

It sickens me to think that people want to step on Paul Sr for all his efforts and he is the very man that brought all of this onto the big screen today!

Dave aka Wet Dreamz Marine MIlton, De

bmoshier

[5]Nov 23, 2011
    • level: 47
    Personally, I think the situation at OCC would have been better if Senior had taken a page from the Cray Research, Inc play book.

In the 1980s there were two really smart super computer design groups at Cray Research, Inc. One was Seymour Cray, himself, and the other was a group of design engineers. The company realized they didn't want to lose the talent of either group, plus people leaving would mean competition.

The solution they came up with was to spin Seymour Cray off into his own company with the right of first refusal on anything he developed. If they company didn't want to develop it, he then had the right to develop it himself or to license it to another company.

In the OCC case, OCC (Senior) could spin Junior off into his own company and let Junior really know what it means to run a business. If you look at what they were saying to each other at the time they were both screaming this without saying it.

Senior kept saying Junior's work ethic was lazy and he couldn't make it in the real world on his own. While Junior was saying why should he work hard when he wasn't respected nor given the opportunities he wanted. Junior would take off and find other things to do with his time.

If you look at the situation now, Junior stepped up and really does know how to run a business. He is NOT lazy and has a great work ethic.

Splitting up the way the did was not the best choice. It came about because they (Senior and Junior) wouldn't talk to each other and work out their feelings.

Honestly, Mikey has it right about the therapist! This family does need to talk and they need to do it -- for awhile -- with outside help. They are wonderful and great people deep down having only lost their way till they find the road again. Hopefully, they'll find it as a family.

VincentMagius

[6]Dec 7, 2011
    • level: 8

I think Jesse James had a good point during the build-off. Like himself, Junior may have been forced into the company and treated as a line worker. Sure Junior is good at what he does and enjoys it, but may have still resented Senior.

There was obviously a lot of aggression between the two. Now that they are separated, things in the shop have calmed down. The sad part is that Senior seems to be phoning it in. He doesn't seem to have the passion or energy for the build he did before.

bmoshier

[7]Dec 8, 2011
    • level: 47
    While it is too late to help with this idea, I see a similarity between what happened at OCC (with Senior and Junior) and a similar situation at Cray Research, Inc in the mid 1980s.

At Cray Research, there were two really good designers of supercomputers. They were the founder - Seymour Cray - and a design team. It got so bad what the President and Board of Directors did was to create a separate company for Seymour Cray. In exchange for funding Seymour Cray (Cray Computer Company - CCC), CRI got the first right to have / refuse whatever Seymour Cray invented / created. If they refused to develop / manufacture it, CCC was able to then do with it as they pleased.

Something like this might have helped Senior and Junior out a lot. Junior would have had his own division offsite and away from his Father. He could make it or fail on his own. If he failed then he'd be back at OCC, if he was successful, he'd be a successful OCC division, etc. This way they could still be together at OCC and as a family.

Problem is I'm not sure Senior would have bought into it given his attitude. If I'd been there before he gave Junior 20%, my suggestion would have been to give Junior his own division as the gift (instead of 20% (or an additional 10%)).

Obviously, it is too late for the Teutuls, but maybe another family owned business could take a page from the CRI play book.