American Chopper Forums

Discovery Channel (ended 2012)

Jesse james and the build off

ltcomstella

[1]Nov 22, 2011
    • level: 18

who will win ? what design will they go for ?

pjd for me

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bmoshier

[2]Dec 5, 2011
    • level: 46

FYI: I discovered one can vote more than once, if you have more than one computer / browser. For example: You can vote from your desktop, your phone (if it has a browser and live Internet connection, etc). In fact, I was able to vote using Firefox and then MS-Internet Explorer on the same desktop system. Please, though, be fair and don't stuff the ballot box.

------

So, what is your favorite chopper?

Honestly, I really love Senior's chopper BUT it looks a lot like the Gears of War chopper done by Junior earlier in the season. I don't feel it is original enough (given the episode with that chopper came out and Senior has had a chance to see it). It is, though, a step ahead of the Gears of War ....

Junior's chopper is really hot and I love the exhaust going up and out. I'd worry about the fumes rising up into my helmet, if I was to own it, but ... they are heavier than air, but it would have been nice having them point slightly down.

As for Jesse's chopper, ah, given his cakes to the other two, I expected so much more from him. His game is off and I just don't see it being more than 3rd place.

My vote with Junior / PJD. It would have been Senior, except his is so close to the Gear of War chopper.

ltcomstella

[3]Dec 6, 2011
    • level: 18

i've gone with pjd also

occ, i agree they ripped on the gears of war trike but a better design/step up ? not in my book,it has tracks while cooldidn't seem all that fast and stable/safe to drive. the flamers where either coincidence or taking jnrs gears exhaust guns to another level but totally stupid and pointless and probably dangerous too ! occ either makes something way out of left field (this snowtrike or the electric drag bike) or the same old with different paint job and company logo. This snow trike had a cool look but imo occ didn't actually build it, it was mostly out sourced and then just pieced together.

jesse, just built a bike for himself and didn't wonder far from his previous builds shown on the discovery web site, it seemed to lack in almost every way the paint was nice though...

pjd just simply smoked the competition, design was a new take on the old, took a page from the 9/11 bike look, pjd showed talent skill and good taste even if he out sources for parts, the after market/ addons make pjd stand out bygoing the extra mile.

practicality was out the window in all 3 bikes, but jnr's idea for gas tank mounted exhausts was unique (i bet occ will do something VERY similar soon) which will prove the pjd rip off idea...