American Chopper Forums

Discovery Channel (ended 2012)

Miikey Mentally Challenged?

nottynotme

[1]Jun 27, 2008
    • level: 3
    Have they ever dealt with this? I mean you can tell Paul Sr. gives him special treatment probably because he has a learning disability. I could be wrong about is intelligence it might be a emotional problem that is accentuated by drug abuse, but there is something wrong with the behaviour from Mike. Would you want a bike that he actually built?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

iAmS1xth

[2]Jun 27, 2008
    • level: 3
    ive seen plenty of people like him, none of with are mentally challenged. some people live by the beat of theyre own drummer as not everyone can remain serious all the time. its just his personality and who he is as a person. i've never thought he was mentally challenged just eccentric. he also doesnt build bikes but mainly helps with the inner workings of the shop which most of the time is behind the scenes.

downsideup20

[3]Jun 27, 2008
    • level: 6
    Yeah, I have to agree. There's been no mention on the show of any mental disability and it doesn't appear as though he has one. As far as a bike built by Mikey, I would see no reason not to want it. He's very creative and has a similar background as Paulie, they bothed worked in the steel business before OCC, so I see no reason why the quality of his bike would be any less. Of course whether or not he could ever manage to focus long enough to complete a bike by himself is a different question.

Celtwytch

[4]Jul 1, 2008
    • level: 8

I doubt very much that he would be allowed to build a bike completely on his own. Not because of any question of his mental ability, but simply because he does not have the technical skill required to make a bike roadworthy (you know - lights, brakes, engine - that sort of thing). He may seem like the resident clown, but he seems to be very creative in his own way. I don't believe he is mentally challenged at all.

paulwj

[5]Jul 10, 2008
    • level: 28
    while I don't think he has any mental problems I do think that If it wasn't for his father he would be on the street and getting his food from a dumpster

nadsack

[6]Sep 13, 2008
    • level: 1

I swear what is it with some people. The guy is just putting on an act for the show. He's just playing the "fool" so he can create situations of comedy. You can tell the guy isn't mentally challenged. If anything I reckon he is probably the smartest out of the entire family.

jrsgalaxy

[7]Dec 9, 2008
    • level: 14
    nadsack wrote:

I swear what is it with some people. The guy is just putting on an act for the show. He's just playing the "fool" so he can create situations of comedy. You can tell the guy isn't mentally challenged. If anything I reckon he is probably the smartest out of the entire family.

Well i agree he's a comic genius but I do question his matureness and don't think he's responsible enough to make it on his own. But we still love ya Mikey !!!FTW

ltcomstella

[8]Jun 27, 2009
    • level: 18

i feel sorry for mikey his situation was highlighted in an emotional short clip at the end of the chesapeak bike.

i would like to see a tv network follow jnr and mikey away from occ as yes the show is about them building bikes but we don't see the full picture of how they cope outside the family business.

senior is indeed been led by the four horsemen down a path that may end up with him being shunned too, an example, spiderman 1 norman osborn was outed by the board of directors. so i wouldn't be suprised if snr was job less in a few years..

problem with small time business's going big the ppl you hire to help inevitably stab you in the back cos you become a liability which snr defo is showing signs of ..