American Dad!

A Smith in the Hand

Aired Sunday 9:30 PM Sep 18, 2005 on FOX

• Weird episode

When Steve brings home a permission slip to take sex ed at school, Stan flips out and demands to teach it himself. However, after Stan unrealistically explains the birds and the bees to Steve, he gets into an accident that causes him to take matters into his own hands. Meanwhile, Roger becomes a bartender in hopes of making something of himself. In my opinion, I thought it was a great episode. Stan/Steve's plot was very weird I did not laugh very much in that plot. Roger's plot was a little funnier, especially the ending. Stan's plot was kinda getting boring, so that what made my score lower by 20 points. I did laughed like 4 times in that part, but that was all. Overall, a great AD episode. 8/10
  • Awesome

I loved the masturbation plot, it was quite funny, Roger's plot was okay.

10 out of 10

• superb

What I liked: Stan becoming addicted to masturbating Stan and Steve trying to rid the TV of 'dirty' shows, Steve catching his dad in the act and falling off the ladder, Steve's "I'll clean the gutters!" and Francine's "That's gross dear," Roger's whole plot, amongst other things.

Some of the episode was a tad boring but when this episode made me laugh, it really made me laugh. It's not the best of the show but it is a pretty good episode, and it did make me laugh a good amount of times, so it has that going for it. Final grade- somewhere in the "B" range, I think is fair .
  • Smith takes up masterbation

I love This episode. wdauihduia dawidhad dwidhawdk dawdbawjkd awdia dwbduoia dawb di awyd auid awh dyuaw db audjad awdyaw diady8uaw duawb jd wui dauidb awjkfas vv ni0xbdpjkoa pp pp p p pp pp p p p uis cuqwbvkc vh jqeui uibjklv uij aui kjaevbauij bevuiqbcasc uia vuabujadb uieuid ia kad a uioad ouas ioa jklasbi vuioa dkvebauidf jkoasnowhndjoa suibcjua yqw vuib uiawbudawdac ea fv e fva e dc a a hdsh hdh d h d ajkbwu jadi jkavyu uab ia uid jnvkj jx uifc jk suiv zdui xcbvrd isfu jksab suiasdjak adadh adi h sdju efawifoniqwof wiofnio wionfow windoin w
  • I hate this episode.

5.2
    Now let me start off by saying the plot with Roger becoming the bartender got this show the score it did, if the show did not have that plot this would've got somewhere in the ones.

I HATE the masturbation plot, I laughed no times in it, it was just so dry and dark and unfunny, I truly HATE it, nothing good came out of it, except the "Mum and Dad's bedroom, Mum and Dad's bedroom" song sung by Steve, then him falling off the ladder, that was great.

As for the Roger plot, it was just so damn funny, like the Hayley jokes and stuff, I really enjoyed it.

Oh well at least the subplot was good. -captaindillo.
  • Stan teaches Steve how to fight the urges.

This is deffiently my favorite episode of Season 1. I found the entire episode funny from Stan teaching Steve how to fight urges, to Stan getting addicted to masturbation and then when Stan and Steve take over television. The Simple Life jokes were hilarious because that show is stupid and Rodge being a bartender similar to Cheers was also nice. I also enjoyed the end where Stan finally tells Steve the truth about sex, on live tv!
  • This is an eopisode I will many more times.

This episode is soooo funny and some hillarious parts are when Steve catches Stan in the act was extremely funny and when Francine complains to Roger that Stan is not interested in her and Roger says well you have let yourself go. Also it is hillarious when Francine almost catches Stan and Stan can't let Francine see so he points himself out the window and a woman screams at the sight. Both the Roger bartender storyline and Stan's storyline where both 10s and this comepletely proves why this show is so good and is just as good as Family Guy if not better.
  • Amazing episode (see review)

Stan taking up mastrubation it was so funny, and then when Steve caught him doing it I was laughing so hard I couldn't breath. Roger becoming a bartender was really funny too espically when he took Haley's fake ID away. Another words good episode
  • Roger becomes a bartender

There are so many funny scenes in this episode, including Steve unknowingly having a film about the dangers of masturbation hidden in his room ready to play (obviously put in by Stan for just that moment), Clean TV and Stan renting a hotel room for himself.

The most memorable scene in the episode would have to be the car pulling up and Francine coming into the room just as Stan was applying the ointment, the music being perfect for the scene and Stan knocking things over being classic.

Roger’s side plot of being a bartender was hilarious though the pancreas bit sort of ruined it a little, but not enough for it to be just as amusing as the main plot and both are very original and funny, overall making this a successful episode in terms of hilarity.
  • Better than Family Guy. Homer like!

It's good, smart, funny, stupid. Love it. Love it. Stan gets funnier and funnier. Smart people should watch it.
    enjoy, enjoy, enjoy 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
  • One of the best ever.

I almost could not stop laughing. This was the best of American Dad! episodes. Stan could not stop making sweet love to himself. Then he goes on tv and tells america to be moral. With sock puppets, or some kind of puppets. Over all I give this one a 10/10.
  • One of the best episodes of the season.

This is the episode that made me love the show. This is my personal favorite episode. In an attempt to prevent Steve from becoming a pervert, Stan decides to teach him sex-ed. But, Steve ends up damaging his good's in a wood burning accident.

Though the episode was pretty crude, it was also one of the funniest. One of my favorite scenes was the running gag of Stan yelling, which cause avalanches. I laugh everytime I see it. Another great scene was when Francine is on her way back home, and Stan is about to touch himself.

The best thing about this episode though is it teaches an important lesson, Touching yourself can be an addiction.
  • The second consecutive episode that is better than the new episodes of family guy.

Where the hell is Family Guy! Once again, this episode of American Dad was much better than this weeks family guy. It was funnier, had a better story, and focused more on the show itself rather than america bashing. Good jokes, Good Storyline, Good episode. Seth, Family Guy needs help, and i hope you realize that.
  • This is definitley the BEST American Dad episode i watched! (even though there isn't much competition for that title yet) its hilarious!! I'm glad that this episode was more appealing to more people and was commercial, and less America bashing

This is definitley the BEST American Dad episode i watched! (even though there isn't much competition for that title yet) its hilarious!! I'm glad that this episode was more appealing to more people and was commercial, and less America bashing.
    Now i can finally compare the quality of American Dad to Family Guy, if American Dad continues being this funny it will get as famous as Family Guy. The plot line was clever and if a show is meant to be inappropriate for children you might aswell make it VERY inappropriate! I am looing reeeally forward to the next episode!!

CW