An American Dad! Community
Monday 9:30 PM on TBS

Seth MacFarlane's empire is crumbling! The poor guy will only have TWO shows in Fox's Sunday-night Animation Domination programming block in the fall, and *gasp* maybe only one in 2014. The upcoming tenth season of MacFarlane's American Dad! will be the last one to air on Fox. But before you drop some spare change in MacFarlane's paper cup, you should also know that American Dad! will still get an eleventh season, but on its new home of TBS. 

Yep, American Dad! has effectively been canceled by Fox, but not totally, because it's moving to a new network. TBS has ordered 15 all-new episodes for the fall of 2014. The cable network and MacFarlane aren't exactly strange bedfellows; TBS has aired repeats of American Dad! and Family Guy for years now. Reruns of the eleventh season will air on TBS's sister network, Adult Swim.

MacFarlane will still have three shows on Fox in the upcoming season; Family Guy isn't going anywhere, American Dad! will wrap up its run, and the new live-action comedy Dads will make a go at Tuesdays nights. The Cleveland Show was quietly canceled in May. 

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 7/4/2016

Season 13 : Episode 23

106 Comments
Comments (110)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Please get the darn cast of The Cleveland Show back together for another 10 seasons . Donna Tubbs one of the funniest characters i have ever seen in adult oriented animation. I don't get it . I cannot possibly be the only one to have appreciated that humor.
Flag
And wouldn't you know as soon as fucking TBS picks it up it starts to fucking SUCK DOWN! seriously WTF American Dad is starting to be family guized there in sucking with the dumb ass roll around jokes and dimwitted plots what the hell happened to the spontaneous blunders and off color jokes seriously fucking TBS you can do better than that, don't let the show go down hill like Family Guy.
Flag
When is American Dad starting again?! It says they were picked up for 15 or 22 episodes, yet there's only 10 out?!
Flag
Task list for FOX network;

#1 cancel the Simpsons. It's like seeing your grandmother having a bikini wardrobe malfunction.

#2 stay away from zombies. The Walking Dead has it covered for now.

#3 keep Sunday evenings lineup filled with animated comedies. It's the one night I get to watch TV, and I likey some animated comedy!

#4 see number 1. Seriously. And I love the Simpson family. Just want to see them go out with the little dignity they have left.

#5 Futurama is dead. Please don't listen to these crazy people. The first two seasons were honestly the only good ones.

Flag
bring back Futurama best f****** show ever might even be better than the Simpsons and Family Guy
Flag
Yep, FUTURAMA IS BAD A$$!!!
Flag
I love Family Guy but it seems that to me it has lost it egde, they don't seem as funny as it used to be. the Cleveland show resumed what family guy used to be.
Flag
I liked American Dad a lot! I also like Family Guy as well! I feel that the Cleavlend Show was a mistake from the beginning. They ruined his charchter by making him completely different than who he was on Family Guy. If they should cancel any show, it should Bob's Burgers or The Simpsons. To be honest, the Simpsons overstayed it's welcome a long time ago. The Simpsons stopped being funny in the late 90's. A show that I wish was never canceled by Fox was Napoleon Dynamite. That show was halarious!
Flag
you're f****** stupid and everybody that like your comment is also f****** stupid Simpsons is still funny as hell Family Guy is funny as hell but they lowered the bar to where there is no bar anymore at least the Simpsons still have some type of innocence instead of just crude humor which I do for a very funny though but still
Flag
...are you high?
Flag
Cry much?
Flag
One of the major clues that FOX is about to cancel one of its Animation Domination series is when it is relegated to either the 7 o'clock or 7:30 time slots and episodes almost never air because it is pre-empted by NFL Football, Baseball or NASCAR. That's what happened with King of the Hill and that's what happened with The Cleveland Show just before they were put into cancellation heaven.

Here's a bold prediction, Since FOX ADHD series only get one season and then are rotated out for new series each season (Per FOX's press release) for the 2014-2015 season you'll probably either see Axe Cop, High School USA! or both occupy the former Cleveland Show and American Dad slots. As far as Cosmo is concerned if they put it in a Sunday AD slot it won't even last for two episodes before being cancelled because nobody other then Seth MacFarlane gives a crap about Carl Sagan and his teachings.

MacFarlane's empire is indeed crumbling around him.
Flag
i know this is old but i wonder why tbs got american dad and not adult swim
Flag
Doesn't matter really, they're both owned by the same company, Turner Broadcasting. It's most likely on TBS since it needs the ratings boost and more shows, where as Adult Swim (Cartoon Network) is kind of flooded with options that they can rotate shows.
Flag
I'm wondering that too... you'd think that [adult swim] would be the logical choice.
Flag
I'm sad TBS picked it up because I don't get it since I don't have cable, but glad that it's still going so I wan watch it online.
Flag
Family Guy is still making new episodes? I had no idea. :P
Flag
I'd like to know if AD's costs had anything to do with the cancellation. After all, 9 or 10 seasons often leads to cancellation b/c of costs.
Flag
I guess Bob Burgers' success is what killed AD. Fox has probably been looking to cancel the lowest rated/or most costly of the lineup. They're still developing new animation for the lineup. I would rather they had cancelled The Simpsons which is long past its prime.
Flag
2013: The year Adult Animation Fell

Futurama
The Cleveland Show
American Dad

God do I hate the 21st century!
Flag
Well, technically, American Dad will still be around with new episodes. Just on a different network. As for Futurama, I'll miss it dearly. I honestly don't give a crap about The Cleveland Show though.
Flag
I love Futurama.
Flag
Is it me? or Dads just doesn't look that funny...
Flag
i think its season 9 not 10
Flag
I rate American Dad much higher than Family Guy so it's good that TBS has picked it up. Wouldn't want American Dad going anywhere. I don't really care about The Cleveland Show. Wonder if he'll wind up back in Quohog then
Flag
If The Cleveland Show is canceled (which is good because it sucked) the I think Cleveland should come back to Family Guy! :) I like American Dad but Family Guy is definitely better.
Flag
The people at Fox are absolute idiots for canceling their only good animated series left. American Dad is one of the funniest shows on TV (a million times better than Family Guy), so it's their loss. Hopefully, TBS will act as a good replacement network and keep AD running for years to come. The last thing I want to hear is news of its official cancelation. Once again, fuck you, Fox.
Flag
American Dad is funnier than Family Guy.
Flag
Did I miss something? How is the show going in the ten season in the fall, shouldn't it season nine?
Flag
Well, maybe on TBS, it can get one of those 10-90 deals.
Flag
I don't know what is more amazing; that the idiots at fox canceled american dad or that it's already going into it's tenth season! all of their upcoming animated shows look like garbage to me.
Flag
Maybe Fox will bring back Futurama as it was cancelled on CC.
Flag
It wasnt cancelled it ended. There's a difference
Flag
oh please... this show is on ten seasons??? i couldnt even start the first, it was so stupid and so were the other ones TCS
Flag
Ryan everyone has different taste in tv shows like American dad! Is my favorite show you probably have alot of other favorite shows
Flag
I think the show peaked with the "end of days" episode, and has been a little tired lately.
Flag
It's possible FOX is looking to gradually replace it's animation block with live-action sitcoms. The cornerstone of the block is the Simpsons and it can't last forever.
Flag
Fox sucks
Flag
Since they cancelled The Cleveland Show, will Cleveland be back on Family Guy?
LOL Stewie called it!
Flag
fox simply could care less about what we want..most would pay to see american dad and family guy if it came to that...i watch reruns of both every nite on comedy ch and i watch them both on netflex as well..i don't think i'm alone...good for TBS... odd how nobody likes fox , they are like a bully that has a principle for a dad ..you can't get them expelled lol...
Flag
Hopefully TBS will take care of American Dad than how FOX has been taking care
Flag
I dont really like American Dad but why would FOX cancel it? Its kinda random to say the least but it is FOX after all.
Flag
I'm kind of glad to hear they cancelled The Cleveland Show. But American Dad? Don't get me wrong, while I do like both shows, I just find TCS a bit lacking in humour compared to American Dad.

But isn't this the same thing Fox tried to save Futurama, and it still got cancelled on the new channel?
Flag
This came out of nowhere. Why did FOX screw up like that?
Flag
Fox sucks every move they make and do sucks they're a buch of losers that are dumber than a bee and bees can't even think
Flag
Whats with people complaining about Happy endings? It was a good show and deserved to be saved, but don't blame TBS, first network to start saving shows and now we curse them out because of what they choose to save. Don't put American Dad down, it has given consistent ratings for 10 years and has done great on reruns on different networks, plus its an animated show, a lot cheaper to run then a regular show. Also, TBS already has reruns of American Dad airing on the regular. I'm glad networks like TBS are still saving shows.
Flag
I felt like it was just always going to be a bad situation for TBS from the beginning - everyone was just so certain they'd pick Happy Endings up that no one really tried to convince others to watch or campaign for another season on ABC. You can't blame ABC for cancelling it with its ratings, nor TBS for choosing not to pick it up.
Flag
I don't get it because TBS wasn't even considering saving Happy Endings, it was USA network.
Flag
Oh yeah, totally forgot that it was USA for a second not TBS. Silly me getting all excited there, regardless I think people are annoyed that TBS picked up Cougar Town, and have now picked up American Dad! They feel that it TBS can do it with these shows, why not Happy Endings?
Flag
I don't see why TBS didn't pick up Happy Endings. After all, no sitcom created for TBS is ever successful. So why not just keep importing favorites?
Flag
*gasp* *exhale* Don't do that!!!!! AD is the best out of Seth's shows.
Flag
Oh. Oh oh oh oh OH!!!!! Okay, so American Dad is worth saving but not Happy Endings? Y’know what? F*ck you TBS! I’m out!!!
Flag
Thank goodness for that. I feared for my loss of big Asian butts for a mo. Well done TBS.
Flag
I vote for Cleveland back in Family Guy..
Flag
I vote for Futurama.
Flag
Strange news. I've lost a lot of interest in American Dad! in recent years but I haven't been able to stop watching it yet, so I'm sorta glad it's not cancelled cancelled.
Flag
I hate FOX now. They canceled Futurama first and then canceled American Dad. American Dad is my favorite show on FOX and It's definetly better than Family Guy. I still like Family Guy but it went downhill. At least TBS will air the new episodes of American Dad in 2014 and I hope these episodes will be good. I hope the next season of Family Guy will be good because The Cleveland Show got canceled and Cleveland will return to Family Guy with his family.
Flag
Comedy Central cancelled Futurama this time, unless you're still venting about 2003.
Flag
Well, as long as we are in the way-back machine, Fox ill treated King of the Hill for its entire run. King of the Hill was the best show on Sunday night when it was cancelled.
Flag
Well now I just have to mention Firefly. Even though I'm a devoted Whedonite I wouldn't usually bring it up because I know how people just get so sick of hearing it.
Flag
By all means, join me in our whineathon. I didn't watch Firefly, but I know a lot of people are still upset over its cancellation.
Flag
As long as I get my dose of Roger I don't care where it's heading from.
Also I have to add that some episodes last season were extremely painful to watch.
And FOX is stupid.
Flag
American Dad became 100 times better than Family Guy a while ago. It's good that it at least has survived, but WTF FOX. I think the only good thing done by them in the last decade was to stick to Fringe, everything else seems a mess, at least to me and what I wanna watch. Next they'll cancel Bob's Burguers
Flag
I've tried to watch Bob's Burgers because everyone seems to love it, but I don't get why they all have the same voice.
Flag
The voice of Bob is also the voice of Archer. If you watch Archer this past season, you'll noticed that there was a cross-over between Bob's Burgers and Archer.
Flag
One of the best intros ever!
And no they all don't have the same voice. For me it is one of the shows were I can recognize most of the cast.
Flag
Really? Cause seriously, they all seem to have the same voice. They all sound like one man.
Flag
Just glad TBS picked it up. American Dad is my fav animated tv show after Venture Bros
Flag
man!!! sunday nites are now officially gonna suck!!! i havent watched live action comedies since drew carey show left the air!!! the only comedy i watch now is the sunday nite funnies!! man i love american dad!! and out of all the sunday night comedies that is my favourite!! simpsons are still great, but their kinda lost its breath years ago, but the simpsons are still great!! family guy is up and down with me!! you'll have a really gud run of about four maybe five really great episodes and then bam! then have about four or five lifeless episodes!!! its another show thats kinda lost it breath too!! and the clevland show was a gud idea for one season!! that was about the time i found that family guy was kinda goin down so i hope they bring gud ol clevland brown back to family guy again to bring the show back to life!!! clevland's happy mustache face might just have to go back to quayhog!! now american dad rocks!! they will never run out of ideas for roger! i love that show and im glad that TBS will let american dad live on!!
Flag
american dad is better than both of the other shows his name is attached to, if you don't turn off your brain to watch tv.
Flag
This is very odd, personally I like American Dad better than Family Guy.

The ratings have been steady? What changed so that they decided to cancel it?
Flag
i think it was when clevland left the show!
Flag
Wow.....I mean, Cleveland show I understood being cancelled (I'm surprised they renewed it for so many seasons in the first place, kind of sucked). But American Dad was always the black horse, and at times even funnier than Family Guy once it really hit it's stride.

Which is why my "OH NO! THIS WAS UNEXPECTED AND AWFUL NEWS" went from a sigh of relief to see this possible first of TBS picking it up and having first run versions in January. I'm sorry for not recording you this season American Dad, I will rectify that.
Flag
When the Simpsons ends its run, so will Fox's interest in animated programming. They're just clearing the decks.
Flag
Is the Simpsons ever ending?
Flag
It has two seasons left. Fox threatened to cancel it in the last round of negotiations with the cast.
Flag
It's just been on so long. Fox Network may fold when it goes cause they won't know what to do.
Flag
Hopefully someone will pick up futurama.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members