American Dad!

Deacon Stan, Jesus Man

Aired Sunday 9:30 PM Jun 19, 2005 on TBS

• decent again

Stan goes to great lengths to compete against his rival, Chuck White, and become the new deacon of their church. Meanwhile, Steve is falling in love with Chuck's daughter, Betsy. Roger is going through his reproductive cycle, causing him to lactate, ultimately complicating matters for Stan and Steve. In my opinion, I thought this episode was good, for like the fourth time. My score is lower because it was very boring in some of the parts. Also, this episode was weird as well. I did not laugh very much, but I did laughed at Roger's parts (when he was watching movies, etc.), Stan rushing, Chuck beating Stan, and a few others. overall, a decent episode. On the bright side, season 1 got a little better after this episode because there were 3 times more better episodes than the first seven eps (expect Roger Codger). 7/10
  • Superb

Overall, a 9.5 out of 10

• superb

What I liked: Carl Rove (and wolves howling whenever Stan mentioned his name), Steve being pregnant and passing the alien egg onto the girl he liked, Stan pretending to be possessed, the ending of the episode, amongst other things.

This was a delight. A lot of good, funny gags. The plot was not the strongest thing in the episode, but there were a lot of good jokes that saved it. One of the funniest episodes for me, Roger was pretty hilarious throughout (like him yelling at Steve when he runs out of the house), and as a result my final grade is a B+/A-. Great episode.
  • Movie Voice over can be such an eye sore

0.3
    In gooness What the F**k is Good Boy! Stuart Little 2 & The Pasifire Voice over are doing in a show like this

Molly Shannon-Good Boy!
    Brad Garrett-The Paifire/Stuart Little 2
    Paul Rugg-The Contry Bears

What's Next Ziggy Marley OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I wish you Basterd would ve Reject Me so I could fix the Gritty Voice Casting
  • This proves how good American Dad is.

This is hillarious but very gross and some hillarious parts are when Roger was in a huge machine for making alien breast milk and Klaus' evil German where extremely funny. I know this episode is very funny but I am glad they didn't do a ton of episodes this gross but they did do some like Helping Handis and Lincoln Lover. The Karl Rove thing was really weird and I did not understand the joke. Even this episode is gross and weird it was still very funny and I will rewatch it many times and it was funny enough to give it a 9.5 out of 10.
  • Stan's main rival is Bob White, whom he often competes with through jobs, houses, and even children. When the deacon of their church dies, they both seek the job to better the other, with Stan coming out as victor, though it's not as easy as it seems.

Overall, not a bad episode. The introduction of a rival leaves something to be desired, as he is not really important in any later episodes, of course this is based off of Family Guy. Thankfully, the whole alien fetus thing takes your mind off of it, and the hilarity of the ability to give it away by kissing someone makes it even more funny, though expectalbe in a way. I did enjoy the bit where Stan tried to convince the church goers that he was possessed by Satan, foaming at the mouth, and running rampant. The inclusion of Carl Rove as an Emperor Palpatine type was very tasteful, especially the part when he got burned in the church.
  • Hilarious but Gross, really Gross...

Stan goes to great lengths to compete against his rival, Chuck White, and become the new deacon of their church. Meanwhile, Steve is falling in love with Chuck's daughter, Betsy. Roger is going through his reproductive cycle, causing him to lactate, ultimately complicating matters for Stan and Steve. The lactate becomes the key ingredient in a very addictive potato salad. Steve then while giving Roger CPR becomes pregnant with Roger's child. This episode was really funny, but boy was it really gross with all of Roger's breast milk. Then Steve becomes pregnant. Wow this episode was hilarious but gross really really gross.
  • Steve's pregnant!

Stan’s competition with Chuck White is a brilliant idea because he gets competitive over the littlest things such as getting to church first and becoming Deacon.

The potato salad is awesome, Roger’s reproductive cycle actually being a tasty ingredient (aswell as a way to get his owner’s son pregnant through unusual ways) and has great scenes such as Roger having a diagram and the milking machine though the whole Karl Rove thing was too farfetched, even for a cartoon, and wasn’t that enjoyable.

Steve’s crush actually thinking handholding was second base and kissing led to pregnancy was a hilarious idea and paid off well in the end.

Overall, this episode is quite funny, with predominant scenes from Stan, Steve and Roger aswell as a few evil German Klaus lines for good measure.
  • A classic episode of American Dad.

The Deacon at the church chokes on a communion wafer, and dies. Stan and his rival Chuck White then compete for the Deaconship. Steve has a crush on Chuck's gymnist daughter Betsy. Meanwhile Steve gets "pregnant" from a lactating Roger whose milk is the secret ingredient in Francine's potato salad. This episode pokes great fun at GWB and Karl Rove, who appears as an evil man who cannot enter the church.
  • Funny, but GROSS.

Like all the shows so far this year for American Dad, this one was FUNNY... but MAN was it GROSS... gross to the point I might not watch it as often as the others - I hope they don't go TOO crazy in future episodes with the 'gross stuff' - alien breast milk is pretty much the limit for me - LOL - still, another great show and I'm looking forward to seeing MANY more in the coming weeks. Amazing both this show AND Family Guy are being made at the same time - do ANY of these creators sleep???
  • Stan competes with a "Perfect" rival, Chuck White to be deacon. Desperate to win, he uses Roger's "fluids" to create a delicious salad which would bribe the public for the vote for Deacon. However, this causes Roger's suffering and Steve and Betsy's event

Hmm to me, the whole potato salad thing is sick and hilarious at the same time. Especially when Roger is hooked up to the machine. However, a lot of the show is predictable, such as Stan giving up the position of deacon or the Gymnast getting pregnant. However, overall it is a pretty good episode
  • it roked

tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm m m m mmm m m mmmm mmmmmmmmmmmm mmmm mmm mm yy yyyyy yyyy yyyyyyy yyyyyyyy yy yyy yy y y yy yy y y y yy yyy yyyy yyyyyy yyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyy yy yyy yyy yyyy yyy yyy yyyy yyyy yyyyyyy yyyyy yyyy yyyyy yyyyyy yyyy yyyyyy yyyyyyyy yyyy yyyy yyy yyyyy yy yy y yy yy yyyyy yyyy yyy yyyyb yy yyyy yyy yy t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t tt t t t t t t t tt t tt t t t t t t t t t t t t tt t t tt t tt t tt t t t tt t tt