American Dad! Forums

Monday 9:30 PM on TBSIn Season

Alternated Endings to American Dad episodes.

  • Avatar of ZoneHero

    ZoneHero

    [1]May 23, 2012
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 867

    After the last couple of episodes of AMerican Dad, following some cliche storylines with Steve, like how he works with Roger only to have Roger taking advantage of him or just plan betraying his trust or how Stan tries to make him into a "man" only to have it backfire and Steve comes out on top or saves the day, I thought: They could have ended them better...



    Like in "Ricky Spanish," instead of Roger betraying Steve; Steve foresaw it coming and ends up screwing 'Ricky Spanish' over, and while Roger pleads Steve to stop, that "It's not him" to do it, Steve tells him the harsh truth... Ricky Spanish is just like Roger, the only exception is while that Ricky Spanish does horrible things to random people out side of the house, Roger does the same horrible things to his "family", and after living with him for so long, he has grown cold and uncaring, and he is going to take the chance to hurt Roger like he has to him; and he then lets Roger gets captured by security. Then the whole ending plays out the same, except with Steve driving off getting rich, while Rogers swears revenge and the whole butterfly metaphor works for him, as he was promise a good change that could of happen, but ends up dying because of some kid put him in a jar that used to hold his fart...



    Another episode that I would give an alternate ending would be "Less than Hero", where Steve tries to impress his Dad by becoming a superhero. At the end, when Stan admits he was wrong to treat Steve the way he did, I would have Steve say something in the lines of, "Dad, I know I am not what you wanted in the son, and I know you are disappointed that I may never be and I just want you to know... I am not so fond of you too. You had me raise to be this naive kid to see you as a hero and everything you do being heroic and such: but that image has been destroyed again and again from all the times you lie, cheated, took advantage of people in life, especially all the times you've done those things to me! I mean, HOW many time have you tried to make me into your definition of being a man, only to learn that I am fine the way I am?! And yet, despite of all of that, you some how forget all of those times and do it all again and expect something different to happen! How stupid can you be?! I only go along with it because Mom's paying me to, mostly for the sole reason you don't try to "fix" something; only to make things worse and have the entire family suffer for it. And as for this week's "man lesson", I did the brave thing, I got someone to handle a situation that I couldn't, while you just jump to the chance to get in a fight to prove your ego; which you still didn't prove as you got your ass kicked and you pleaded ME for help. ME, your skinny weakling nerd of a son that doesn't know the first thing about real life fights aside from getting the beatings from others, namely from the time you bullied me. Yeah, I admitted to my short comings and faults, unlike you, a man who has gone to complex lies and schemes to keep such minor things a secret from a world that wouldn't care. What I am trying to say, Dad, is that you're not brave. You're not a hero..... ***k off."

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thundercat2000

    thundercat2000

    [2]May 23, 2012
    • member since: 03/17/07
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 2,518

    ZoneHero wrote:


    After the last couple of episodes of AMerican Dad, following some cliche storylines with Steve, like how he works with Roger only to have Roger taking advantage of him or just plan betraying his trust or how Stan tries to make him into a "man" only to have it backfire and Steve comes out on top or saves the day, I thought: They could have ended them better...



    Like in "Ricky Spanish," instead of Roger betraying Steve; Steve foresaw it coming and ends up screwing 'Ricky Spanish' over, and while Roger pleads Steve to stop, that "It's not him" to do it, Steve tells him the harsh truth... Ricky Spanish is just like Roger, the only exception is while that Ricky Spanish does horrible things to random people out side of the house, Roger does the same horrible things to his "family", and after living with him for so long, he has grown cold and uncaring, and he is going to take the chance to hurt Roger like he has to him; and he then lets Roger gets captured by security. Then the whole ending plays out the same, except with Steve driving off getting rich, while Rogers swears revenge and the whole butterfly metaphor works for him, as he was promise a good change that could of happen, but ends up dying because of some kid put him in a jar that used to hold his fart...



    Another episode that I would give an alternate ending would be "Less than Hero", where Steve tries to impress his Dad by becoming a superhero. At the end, when Stan admits he was wrong to treat Steve the way he did, I would have Steve say something in the lines of, "Dad, I know I am not what you wanted in the son, and I know you are disappointed that I may never be and I just want you to know... I am not so fond of you too. You had me raise to be this naive kid to see you as a hero and everything you do being heroic and such: but that image has been destroyed again and again from all the times you lie, cheated, took advantage of people in life, especially all the times you've done those things to me! I mean, HOW many time have you tried to make me into your definition of being a man, only to learn that I am fine the way I am?! And yet, despite of all of that, you some how forget all of those times and do it all again and expect something different to happen! How stupid can you be?! I only go along with it because Mom's paying me to, mostly for the sole reason you don't try to "fix" something; only to make things worse and have the entire family suffer for it. And as for this week's "man lesson", I did the brave thing, I got someone to handle a situation that I couldn't, while you just jump to the chance to get in a fight to prove your ego; which you still didn't prove as you got your ass kicked and you pleaded ME for help. ME, your skinny weakling nerd of a son that doesn't know the first thing about real life fights aside from getting the beatings from others, namely from the time you bullied me. Yeah, I admitted to my short comings and faults, unlike you, a man who has gone to complex lies and schemes to keep such minor things a secret from a world that wouldn't care. What I am trying to say, Dad, is that you're not brave. You're not a hero..... ***k off."


    Your endings are much better.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ZoneHero

    ZoneHero

    [3]May 23, 2012
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 867
    thundercat2000 wrote:

    Your endings are much better.

    [/QUOTE]

    Thanks, but then again, they're just fan hindsight... anyone can say their version is better after seeing the real thing.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Boolia

    Boolia

    [4]Jun 7, 2012
    • member since: 08/17/07
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 2,093
    Here's an aternate ending I did on Fanfiction for 'Hot Water'. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7526824/1/Stan_Smith_vs_the_Hot_Tub
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ZoneHero

    ZoneHero

    [5]Jun 21, 2012
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 867
    Boolia wrote:
    Here's an aternate ending I did on Fanfiction for 'Hot Water'. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7526824/1/Stan_Smith_vs_the_Hot_Tub


    Sad to think a Fanfiction has a better ending than the actual episode it was based off of... no offense to you of course. I mean in general terms...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Boolia

    Boolia

    [6]Aug 19, 2012
    • member since: 08/17/07
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 2,093
    ZoneHero wrote:
    Boolia wrote:
    Here's an aternate ending I did on Fanfiction for 'Hot Water'. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7526824/1/Stan_Smith_vs_the_Hot_Tub


    Sad to think a Fanfiction has a better ending than the actual episode it was based off of... no offense to you of course. I mean in general terms...


    No offense at all. I thought the ending wasn't that good only to have Stan and Francine return in the next episode like nothing has happened. So that is way I typed it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.