American Dad! Forums

Monday 9:30 PM on TBSIn Season

Is Haley irresponsible?

RaizenYusuke

[1]Apr 2, 2012
    • level: 28

It wasn't untilone of the recent episodes that showed Stan getting fed up at Haley and Jeff living there that I started to think they or Haleyareungrateful and expectStan and Francineto help them.Jeff took all that syrup after Stan asked him to pass it and he was a total dick and put thewhole thing on his pancakes (whichis a waste of money). When Stan finally loses it and tells them to get out they all start telling him how hard it is to live on minimum wage (which is true), butthe messagelost on me because Haley and Jeff'sactions in that episode were so much about them trying to save money, but being inconsiderate. Jeff has a job I don't see Haley with a job or in school. She may not be able to get a job, but she does not seem to be trying either.When they first got married they seemed to try to make a living, but now they just seem content to live off of Stan without contributing much.Theyreally did not have a plan to begin with after they gotmarried.

Haley to me seems irresponsible. Shedropped out of school (at least we haven't seen her inschool anymore), stole the money her parents set aside for her wedding and blew it all in the span of a fewmonths, and has no real plan whatsoever. I feel like Jeff is trying. He has a job to support them.Haley seems to content to play house, but not do any of the real work.I open to hear other people's opinions. I could beharshon Haley.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dancingbeatle

[2]Apr 3, 2012
    • level: 45
    Haley said in the episode that she goes to school.

ZoneHero

[3]May 7, 2012
    • level: 19
    Has there ever been an episode in which Haley was proven wrong about what she thought?

thundercat2000

[4]May 9, 2012
    • level: 17

There was the one about illegal aliens.

ZoneHero

[5]May 9, 2012
    But wasn't that done out of jealousy or the fact Stan was taken advantage of them?

FOP_fan17

[6]May 9, 2012
    • level: 22
    ^It was done because Stan was taking advantage of them. Neither Hayley or Stan was right in that episode.

ZoneHero

[7]May 14, 2012
    FOP_fan17 wrote:
    ^It was done because Stan was taking advantage of them. Neither Hayley or Stan was right in that episode.

Wait, about Roger? Doesn't he take advantage of the family most of the time?

thundercat2000

[8]May 14, 2012

Roger takes advantage of everybody ALL the time.

FOP_fan17

[9]May 14, 2012

ZoneHero wrote:
    FOP_fan17 wrote:
    I was talking about "American Dream Factory," not the show in general. And thundercat is right....Roger takes advantage of EVERYBODY and ALL of the time. That's how he has all of his money and whatnot....taking advantage of others. But his sense of humor is lovable enough that the Smiths still want him around. I can forgive him for what he does now because I like the rest of his personality. I could never let it pass on FG though, as strange as that sounds.

thundercat2000

[10]May 15, 2012

FOP_fan17 wrote:

ZoneHero wrote:
    FOP_fan17 wrote:
    I was talking about "American Dream Factory," not the show in general. And thundercat is right....Roger takes advantage of EVERYBODY and ALL of the time. That's how he has all of his money and whatnot....taking advantage of others. But his sense of humor is lovable enough that the Smiths still want him around. I can forgive him for what he does now because I like the rest of his personality. I could never let it pass on FG though, as strange as that sounds.

A lot of what he does is unforgivable. Hitting Francine with a wrecking ball and he just shrugs without caring.

FOP_fan17

[11]May 15, 2012
    ^Yeah, THAT was a bit ridiculous....and all over two steaks! And he called her a b**** so many times....

LordGrievous

[12]May 15, 2012
    • level: 13

thundercat2000 wrote:

FOP_fan17 wrote:

ZoneHero wrote:
    FOP_fan17 wrote:

A lot of what he does is unforgivable. Hitting Francine with a wrecking ball and he just shrugs without caring.

And what he did last week was just plain horrible.

RaizenYusuke

[13]May 20, 2012
    • level: 28

Has Haley ever been proven wrong? Yes.

The episode where Haley went to Africa with Stan to get Steve and they ended up staying so Stan could make Steve have the summer camp experience. Haley said how she wanted to go and experience the life style or something and how she was disgusted with the American life style. However, when she realized they were staying there for extended period of time she went to that resort place or whatever and started pigging out the very life style she was so against.

Haley was jealous when Jeffy hung out with Steve so she destroyed Steve's online character to get Jeff back, which had a rare moment for Jeff to stand up to her and make her see how selfish she was for being so petty.

Berating her father for looking down on illegal immigrants only to use one of them to anger her father than call immigration on him when he had to break up with her out of spite. When she realizes this she looks horrified.

Recent episode she drank so much that she killed her kidneys after he father warned her about how much Fran's friend drinks.

Mental and sometime physical abuse she put Jeff through in earlier seasons. She threw a plat at him one time.

Those are just off the top of my head. Haley is no means portrayed as perfect on this show.

FOP_fan17

[14]May 24, 2012
    I thought of an instance where Hayley was irresponsible. It was in the episode "It's Good To Be The Queen." Hayley is left in charge of the house while Stan and Francine are away. But instead of watching over everything, she invites Jeff over and they make pot brownies and get high. Steve and Roger didn't do anything major for Stan and Francine to find out about, though. (At least, I don't think so.)