American Dad! Forums

Monday 9:30 PM on TBSIn Season

Thoughts on News Glances with Geneive Vavance

KurtPikachu2001

[1]May 12, 2014
    • level: 12

Words can't describe how much I loved this episode! Hayley tries for an intern job as a journalist and it ends up being Roger who is a Nancy Grace-like reporter. Pure hilarity ensues as Roger wants to report a missing kid and Hayley stages that Steve goes missing. Stan and Francine get wrongfully accused of Steve's murder. Loved that 'technical emotional breakdown' scene! Hayley wants to report about garbage island, but she never gets to.

Loved the rip on Josh Groban and the scene at the end of that benefit concert! Very awesome episode! Every AD fan should see it. Also, that one part where Roger threatens to kill someone at the table, I made him do something similiar in a fanfic. Here's the link:

http://ficwad.com/story/227577

Someone else will have to take over for me next week because I am going on vacation. Plus, I'm thinking of leaving TV.com anyway because all of these boards are all dying. Even the ones where the shows are still going on.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KurtPikachu2001

[2]May 12, 2014
    • level: 12

Another thing, this episode was a good satire of how the media goes overboard over a missing person. Natural Born Killers anyone?

hector_13_13

[3]May 13, 2014
    • level: 9

Never saw that movie, but this episode could have been worse. To be honest, I stopped watching when Steve was backstabbing Hayley when he accuse her of kidnapping. What kind of brother was that? This is something Bart would never do to Lisa. This is something Chris would never do to Meg. I feel that I'm slowly losing all my respect to Steve, cause he only cares more about girls than his own sister. He has next week's episode to redeem himself. I was glad Hayley did not go to jail. That was my biggest worry. I'm not sure who's worse, Stan, Roger, or Steve? Luckily, Roger got hit so I give this 3.5/5.

Boolia

[5]May 15, 2014
    • level: 23
    I liked the scene where Roger played as Stan, Francine, and Steve acting out Steve's fake murder and how Roger blamed Stan and Francine for fake murdering their son.

thundercat2000

[6]May 19, 2014
    • level: 17

I'm also glad that Roger got hit in the face with a chair. He deserved it.

hector_13_13

[7]May 19, 2014
    • level: 9

Heck, yes! He deserved to be hit by that chair. If he got Hayley thrown in jail again, I would have destroyed my brand new HD TV.

Edited on 05/19/2014 3:34pm

stevebarnes56

[8]May 19, 2014
    • level: 3

I don't blame you guys for hating on Roger. That guy is the Eric Cartman or Walter White of American Dad. Main characters, doing stuff to piss fans off and can't be killed off unless it's a series finale.

Jim856796

[9]May 27, 2014
    • level: 14

I think that every time Roger is disguised as a woman, I have to imagine those outfits being worn by a woman with a body shape similar to Donna Tubbs-Brown (with a large buttocks). First, it's Jeannie Gold (from "Shallow Vows"), now it's Geraldine Vavance from this episode.

Edited on 05/27/2014 1:43am