American Dad! Forums

Monday 9:30 PM on TBSIn Season

Which is better Family guy or American dad?????

slayerheroes

[21]Jan 2, 2008
    • level: 4

Family guy is the better than American dad by far, family guy is able to make everything funny it is a laugh out loud show. American dad is slow and its consists of onejoke that lasts the whole episode.

family guy is funny like hell all the characters are funny in their own. their clips are are the best come on tell me you did not laugh at peter as the slug from star wars, the way they treat meg, penutbutter jelly time!!

FAMILY GUY ROCKS

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

instantdeath999

[22]Jan 4, 2008
    • level: 1
    Family Guy reminds me of the movie "Superbad"... a bit overrated, kinda funny, but really, really stupid. But I guess that's the point.

jobe1234

[23]Jan 5, 2008
    • level: 6
    Family guy it's more stupid

jenvieve

[24]Jan 6, 2008
    • level: 7
    Up until recently, I would have said Family Guy is 100% better than American Dad. I am a huge Family Guy fan, and never used to be that crazy about American Dad but wanted to give it a chance. I'm now finding Family Guy to be a tad less funny than it used to be, and American Dad much more funny. Now I think I like the both about the same. I love watching the innuendo's and seeing what they will try and get away with next (or who else they get p!ss off/offend)

AJDevens

[25]Jan 7, 2008
    • level: 3
    If you say American Dad! you have problem's!!!! Family guy is better ... I like American Dad but...I don't like the fact that Stan loves his gun more than he loves his family.

ZoneHero

[26]Jan 7, 2008
    • level: 19
    American Dad is not getting better, it's just that Family Guy is getting Worse. They're using the same material again and again recently, using more 'gross out' jokes rather than jokes with some real wit. Also, Gay Stewie is really breaking the hearts of the old fans.

gogeta271

[27]Jan 9, 2008
    yeah but thiers nothing better then the original... I have to go with the notorius family guy
    Edited on 01/09/2008 9:44am
    Edited 2 total times.

just_joking96

[28]Jan 9, 2008
    • level: 5
    GOD MAN THEY ARE CREATED BY THE SAME GUY!!! I THINK THAT SETH MACFARLANE DOESN'T WANT PEOPLE ARGUING OVER WHICH OF HIS SHOWS ARE BETTER!

ckay99

[29]Jan 10, 2008

i think seth mcfarlane gets a semi everytime someone in the world argues of which is better, he just has no idea thats why hes getting it

oh and i pick family guy

instantdeath999

[30]Jan 10, 2008

Actually, I'm pretty sure that American Dad and Family Guy have different writers, even if they were created by Seth.

Anyway... I watched some old family guy (I'm a old family guy fan), and, in it's prime, it was probably better then American Dad, but American Dad is currently much better.

Kadodian

[31]Jan 14, 2008
    • level: 23
    Well I think they are both really good but it depends on which ou like more because some episodes of Family Guy are better than some episodes of American dad and sometimes American dad as the better episodes but persoally I prefer Family Guy.
    Edited on 01/14/2008 4:25am

wayne827

[32]Jan 16, 2008
    • level: 12
    American Dad. Has to be. Family Guy was pretty good back in the day, prior to it being cancelled...but when Family Guy came back it just started losing momentum. I mean, it's still funny, but it doesn't have what it used to have during its first three seasons. I know a lot of people love the randomness of Family Guy, but I really think they just use the cut aways too often. As a writer, it just seems lazy to me. No matter what the scene, no matter what's going on, Peter can just say something completely off topic and suddenly we're cutting away to the punch line of some joke. Yeah, sometimes its funny, but it's too easy! It's shorthand! It's not writing a television episode. It's thinking up a bunch of jokes and putting them in a row. Plus that freaking chicken fought Peter for SEVEN minutes last time. A 22 minute episode, where seven minutes of it was Peter fighting a chicken. So basically they just had material for a fifteen minute episode so they decided to throw seven minutes of filler in there. American Dad on the other hand. I've yet to see something on American Dad that's felt like filler so they can finish the episode. Plus, the writing is just awesome. Witty and refreshing. It's like Futurama. Yeah, Futurama only lasted four seasons, but if I've got to pick between The Simpsons and Futurama...I've got to pick Futurama! Because no episode of Futurama sucked and plenty of Simpsons episodes have. Same with Family Guy and American Dad. Maybe all the good writer's went over to American Dad, I don't know. But I really dig American Dad. It's hilarious.

coolmano

[33]Jan 17, 2008

Family Guy is better no contest, American Dad is just a decent show (not that exceptional and yet at the same time not that medicore)

Jedison83

[34]Jan 18, 2008

I find AD has better stories and characters as well as character development. While FG has more belly laughs, at least it use to. Recently, FG has had many sub-par episodes. Though FG already hit it's peak whereas AD is still ascending to it's peak.

But this is just MY opinion. I don't understand the high amounts of opinion-bashing and debate in these forums.

hmnut7

[35]Jan 19, 2008
    • level: 12
    wayne827 wrote:
    American Dad. Has to be. Family Guy was pretty good back in the day, prior to it being cancelled...but when Family Guy came back it just started losing momentum. I mean, it's still funny, but it doesn't have what it used to have during its first three seasons. I know a lot of people love the randomness of Family Guy, but I really think they just use the cut aways too often. As a writer, it just seems lazy to me. No matter what the scene, no matter what's going on, Peter can just say something completely off topic and suddenly we're cutting away to the punch line of some joke. Yeah, sometimes its funny, but it's too easy! It's shorthand! It's not writing a television episode. It's thinking up a bunch of jokes and putting them in a row. Plus that freaking chicken fought Peter for SEVEN minutes last time. A 22 minute episode, where seven minutes of it was Peter fighting a chicken. So basically they just had material for a fifteen minute episode so they decided to throw seven minutes of filler in there. American Dad on the other hand. I've yet to see something on American Dad that's felt like filler so they can finish the episode. Plus, the writing is just awesome. Witty and refreshing. It's like Futurama. Yeah, Futurama only lasted four seasons, but if I've got to pick between The Simpsons and Futurama...I've got to pick Futurama! Because no episode of Futurama sucked and plenty of Simpsons episodes have. Same with Family Guy and American Dad. Maybe all the good writer's went over to American Dad, I don't know. But I really dig American Dad. It's hilarious.

Yeah... you hit it word perfect right down to the 7 minutes of Peter vs the Chicken. Seriously I have been bad mounting FG for a while now and was starting to feel bad thinking maybe I was being unfair, so I turned to FG and right out the box Peter vs the Chicken. I turn away for several minutes and when I turn back he is still fighting the damn chicken. When you think about how much time writers on other shows put into writing 22 minutes worth of stuff the idea that Family Guy just writes 2 or 3 minutes worth of material and then just uses "Remember the time..." as an opening to fill the rest of the show with filler. What annoys me the most is the 2 or 3 minutes they write is usually very good, I would watch FG still if they actually wrote more, but I just can't sit through the mindless filler.

Xelzy

[36]Jan 22, 2008

American dad is way better now. Ive never seen a rotten AD. But ive seen lots of rotten FG. Overall Ad is the better show

but the best FG episodes are better than AD.

katyrose24

[37]Jan 23, 2008
    • level: 6
    I LIKE FAMILY GUY BETTER

Daryl1988

[38]Jan 24, 2008
    From a brittish point of view, this may sound stupid but Family guy is more American then American dad, I'm sure if you asked people in the UK witch is beter they would say American Dad No question, Family guy has too much american hummor, that the brtts dont get like your 80's tv comes up alot where as American dad relies more on the story, i personally love both but, american dad wins!

fire_of_chaos

[39]Jan 25, 2008
    i think family guy is better overall, but american dad does have a bit more of a story line that it sticks with instead of the randomness of family guy so i guess it depends on your preference

vicdmx

[40]Jan 27, 2008
    • level: 8

FG is better because of the AMAZING seasons from 1 to 3 they were classic and they really made me laugh but these days the episodes arent so good.. one episode is decent another is dull another is just plain crap another is a REALLY GOOD EPISODE! but AD is also great.. with it´s great humour and the charaters are amazing! i really enjoy AD and yeah i agree about the guy that says that episode were Peter and the annoying CHICKEN FIGHT! I MEAN THEY HAVE DONE IT ABOUT 3 TIMES!!!!!!1 3 TIMES!!!! I mean the first one is great and random and but the second was just pointless filer and the third one was just TOO LONG AND TOO MUCH FILER! FG is better for now but AD is comeing up close it has fanatstic episodes! this season and FG this season has dull episodes!

FG AND AD RULE