American Dad! Forums

Sunday 9:30 PM on FOXIn Season

Which is better Family guy or American dad?????

danbanana

[61]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 6
    American Dad is just as good if not betteer than Family Guy.It has a well written and timed plot that is intresting a easy to follow it gives all the characters equal and well timed air time plus it has a more origional old style of comedy which isn't so obvious unlike Family Guy whic h relies on flashbakcs and LOL pop culture refrecnes to provide laughs.American Dad is a great show with great story lines ,characters and jokes and doesn't get the time and attention it deserves if the show keeps going the way it does with constant 10/10 epsidoes every episode than i think it has a bright future.I reocn it should have easly over 100 episodes maybe to about Season 6 1210-1211 and if things are still going as good as they are now which there not for Family Guy which is in its 6th season than carry on to 10 i say.ps Family Guy needs to sort its characters plot and jokes out instead of relying on random joke after joke
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

EUpatriot

[62]Apr 3, 2008
    • level: 4

American Dad, beyond all doubt. His character is one of the coolest i've seen, WELL, not as cool as Homer (Simpson's) but sill... So officially: AMERICAN DAD is way cooler then that boring retarded fat guy with the pig laughter from FG,

Edited on 04/03/2008 5:59pm

Austo191

[63]Apr 9, 2008
    • level: 6
    puffyflower334 wrote:
    I think American Dad is a bit better...but Family Guy is pretty good too. ^^
    Family Guy the best! The flashbacks are ussually the funniest parts in the whole show.American Dad dosen't any have so it's not as funny as family guy.

Synetech

[64]Apr 9, 2008
    • level: 22
    JUSTIN505123 wrote:
    Which is better?

Would you rather be stabbed or shot? Would you rather eat dog turds or cat turds? Would you rather get herpes or gonorrhea?

spidrspawn69

[65]Apr 17, 2008
    I like them both. They are both good in their own ways. I mean american dad has Stan and Roger. Stan is just awesome. He reminds me of myself in so many ways.Family Guy has quagmire and Peter and the chicken fights. So yea I guess they both are good in their own ways

francklloyd

[66]Apr 22, 2008
    • level: 56
    Family Guy is the original. It's like The Simpsons and Futurama.

omega_dog

[67]Apr 22, 2008
    • level: 8
    except that simpsons are on par with futurama and just because it's the orginal doesn't make family guy any better and family guy wasn't so bad when american dad first came out however family guy has slipped

alizeia

[68]May 3, 2008
    • level: 2
    for me they are pretty much the sameI love both and I see both wiyh pleausre,but they are similar to me

omg350

[69]May 3, 2008
    FAMILY GUY

clapmaster

[70]May 4, 2008
    • level: 20

FAMILY GUY

Losterrific

[71]May 9, 2008
    • level: 9

Family Guy has all the likeable characters but American Dad has funny stories.

So i think American dad is better because even though i dont like all the characters they still make me laugh more than Family Guy, Although FG is still a million times better than the simpsons.

omega_dog

[72]May 9, 2008
    The simpsons are a classic family guy doesn't even come close

elkudoz

[73]May 11, 2008
    I like them both but, for me, American Dad is much better. Basically I feel Family Guy is full of random sketches where American Dad has much better storyline and character development.

crzza

[74]May 11, 2008
    • level: 49
    Family Guy.

Ditto338

[75]May 17, 2008
    • level: 5
    Family Guy definetly

Housescrub

[76]May 19, 2008
    • level: 1
    Family Guy because its random, but I also like American Dad.

JohnnyDrama8

[77]May 19, 2008
    • level: 10

I have watched both shows from the original pilot air date. I did not jump on the Family Guy bandwagon like millions of people did. I think American Dad is just a better written show and the jokes have more thought involved. Family Guy is just random flashbacks with random characters and fart jokes.

So yeah American Dad.

Family Guy was just not as funny when they came back from cancellation. Lighting doesn't strike twice in the same place.

admonrain

[78]May 19, 2008
    • level: 1

Although people are bound to compare the two, which usually makes American Dad suffer from the little-brother issue, they shouldn't be compared!

The humour is a lot more hidden, intelligent and actually suitable for the characters and their original design i.e. they havent changed to suit what the fans 'apparently' want. The stories are actually interesting, the characters that deserve screen time get it, and its just a full 20 mins of bliss.

I just think with Stan Smith they have created an extremely funny character that can carry the show on his own - although, yeah it's always nice to shake it up with the other characters. Hayleys a really nice balance to him and the family just works. Klaus is an ok character, I don't really mind if he's in or out of the plot as his contributions are often hillarious.

Family Guy on the other hand.....since it's return has been going downhill. It just tries to pile as many celebrity bashing, politcaly incorrect and unfunny flashbacks into the story that a plot can't start, evolve and finish. There was one joke about Michael J Fox in an episode that was the first thing that ever actually offended me! I do occasionaly laugh but its probably around one laugh a show, compared to many many times for American Dad. I used to love Family Guy, so am kind of disappointed, but seeing as the characters have changed drastically from the pre-season 4 days I see it as a completly different show really.

Although i'm from the UK, and don't often follow TV ratings or news for shows like this anymore, I have a feeling that American Dad is really one of those shows that could disappear quickly if FOX doesnt want to pick it up. I'd be devestated but the quality of the DVDs would keep my love for the show strong - just like Futurama (although we do have the new movies :p)

Anywho, I'm all up for Family Guy making a U-turn to it's routes and actually becoming a coherent piece of comedy, but I'm just glad we have the gem which is American Dad from Seth to enjoy

skull555

[79]May 19, 2008
    • level: 18
    I like Family Guy more than American Dad, but American Dad is a great show! Family Guy is so funny, and it is Awesome, and so is American Dad, but Family Guy is my favorite show.
    Edited on 05/19/2008 3:03pm

livin4Areason

[80]May 21, 2008
    • level: 5
    I so don't agree with you. I mean seriously, wthell? American Dad is like 1000000% better than Family Guy. The only thing even remotely comical about Family Guy is the pedo old man and how fat Peter is! In American Dad though what isn't to love? Especially because of how much it makes fun of the American race to true points. And in Family Guy what the hell do they even hear that ugly baby Stewie talk and wth is up with a tlking dog? Pretty lame. By the way what isn't to love about an alcoholic alien!