American Dad! Forums

Sunday 9:30 PM on FOXIn Season

Which is better Family guy or American dad?????

hippy_91

[101]Jul 9, 2008
    • level: 14
    isn't it funny that in an AD forum more people say FG is better?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

seniorDK

[102]Jul 10, 2008
    • level: 7
    family guy is way better! but i think we can all agree that the cleveland show is gonna suck...

hippy_91

[103]Jul 10, 2008
    seniorDK wrote:
    family guy is way better! but i think we can all agree that the cleveland show is gonna suck...

you can't say that until you watch it. You have to at least give it a chance.

micwiz

[104]Jul 14, 2008
    • level: 4
    I would say Amercan dad.

hippy_91

[105]Jul 14, 2008
    micwiz wrote:
    I would say Amercan dad.

why?

micwiz

[106]Jul 14, 2008

Sorry about that

I really just laugh more i like the baby in fg but thats about it, the sister and brother are not funny, again i watch a show for what it is a comedy and i rarely laugh when fg is on,

The father peter i dont find funny either, and it is not for lack of trying if there is an episode i havent watched i watch it. but i simply dont laugh it is not because the jokes are lost on me i think , well some of them are when they get to rude i dont laugh

In american dad i really like the entire family, especially stan i like that he works for the cia and, the sister reminds me of lisa dont know if thats a shared opinion and the brother seems level headed.

I havent watched that many episodes but i always watch them if i can since we mostly get the simpsons, suppose i could get it on dvd.

Edited on 07/14/2008 1:51pm

walkerdoug

[107]Jul 25, 2008
    • level: 23
    American dad.

SuperMan919

[108]Jul 25, 2008
    • level: 15
    It depends, if you like funny jokes then Family Guy is better, if you like an interesting story then American Dad is better.

skull555

[109]Jul 26, 2008
    • level: 18
    Like I said before, Both shows are Awesome, but Family Guy is better! It is also funnier.

hippy_91

[110]Jul 26, 2008
    SuperMan919 wrote:
    It depends, if you like funny jokes then Family Guy is better, if you like an interesting story then American Dad is better.

I wouldn't say AD storyline is "interesting"

SuperMan919

[111]Jul 27, 2008
    • level: 15

hippy_91 wrote:
    SuperMan919 wrote:
    I wouldn't say AD storyline is "interesting"

Maybe not but I think that it has more complex storylines than Family Guy.

tynubz

[112]Jul 27, 2008
    • level: 5

hmnut7 wrote:
    wayne827 wrote:
    American Dad. Has to be. Family Guy was pretty good back in the day, prior to it being cancelled...but when Family Guy came back it just started losing momentum. I mean, it's still funny, but it doesn't have what it used to have during its first three seasons. I know a lot of people love the randomness of Family Guy, but I really think they just use the cut aways too often. As a writer, it just seems lazy to me. No matter what the scene, no matter what's going on, Peter can just say something completely off topic and suddenly we're cutting away to the punch line of some joke. Yeah, sometimes its funny, but it's too easy! It's shorthand! It's not writing a television episode. It's thinking up a bunch of jokes and putting them in a row. Plus that freaking chicken fought Peter for SEVEN minutes last time. A 22 minute episode, where seven minutes of it was Peter fighting a chicken. So basically they just had material for a fifteen minute episode so they decided to throw seven minutes of filler in there. American Dad on the other hand. I've yet to see something on American Dad that's felt like filler so they can finish the episode. Plus, the writing is just awesome. Witty and refreshing. It's like Futurama. Yeah, Futurama only lasted four seasons, but if I've got to pick between The Simpsons and Futurama...I've got to pick Futurama! Because no episode of Futurama sucked and plenty of Simpsons episodes have. Same with Family Guy and American Dad. Maybe all the good writer's went over to American Dad, I don't know. But I really dig American Dad. It's hilarious.
    Yeah... you hit it word perfect right down to the 7 minutes of Peter vs the Chicken. Seriously I have been bad mounting FG for a while now and was starting to feel bad thinking maybe I was being unfair, so I turned to FG and right out the box Peter vs the Chicken. I turn away for several minutes and when I turn back he is still fighting the damn chicken. When you think about how much time writers on other shows put into writing 22 minutes worth of stuff the idea that Family Guy just writes 2 or 3 minutes worth of material and then just uses "Remember the time..." as an opening to fill the rest of the show with filler. What annoys me the most is the 2 or 3 minutes they write is usually very good, I would watch FG still if they actually wrote more, but I just can't sit through the mindless filler.

well the chicken fight needs some writing also... like you know those 7 minutes ur crying about? that took writing. its not just them standing in one place punching eachother over and over. they actually go into different places and use weapons and make a great last level on the family guy video game. also, u need to shadup. btw, HE DOESN'T LIKE YOU. I DONT LIKE YOU EATHER. YOU DONT EVEN KNOW ME. I GUESS THATS FAIR. BEAT THAT MOTHER TRUCKER

theclaw2011

[113]Jul 28, 2008
    if the question was which one was better this season, it would be american dad. but since the question is for just the show, than family guy

hippy_91

[114]Jul 28, 2008
    theclaw2011 wrote:
    if the question was which one was better this season, it would be american dad. but since the question is for just the show, than family guy

even this season I would say Family Guy.

boorman15

[115]Jul 29, 2008
    • level: 17

I say American Dad is better. Why? Better Writing, Better Characters, and its a lot funnier and smarter while Family Guy is now nothing but cutaways and jokes about the Eighties.

Don't say i'm wrong about this because it's my personal opinion.

Edited on 07/29/2008 4:32am

skull555

[116]Jul 30, 2008
    Yeah, I like American Dad, too, but I think that Family Guy is better, and more Awesome!

Tophat-Charden

[117]Aug 6, 2008
    American Dad .. I used to love the hell out of Family guy but it seems its getting a little old. Some of the episodes are still funny but I feel like I'm watching the same thing over and over.

Although Roger sometimes is annoying to me, I'd like to see a episode where both their worlds collide ... other than that Stewie kills Lois episode.

skull555

[118]Aug 19, 2008
    Are there any other reasons why you like American Dad better than Family Guy? I am just curious.

PerfectDark0Fan

[119]Aug 19, 2008

skull555 wrote:
    Are there any other reasons why you like American Dad better than Family Guy? I am just curious.

better writing and way better jokes. American Dads co creators are Seth Macarlane, Mike Barker & Matt Weitzman. Mike & Matt where writers of Family Guy seasons 1-3. David Zukerman "Executive Producer" now on American Dad was really huge on Family Guy on its first 3 seasons.

AaRoN122894

[120]Aug 25, 2008
    • level: 22
    With no stupid musicals, and taste-wasting unfunny flashbacks, you'll bet I'll pick American Dad.