American Dad! Forums

Sunday 9:30 PM on FOXIn Season

Which is better Family guy or American dad?????

FOP_fan17

[181]Dec 16, 2010
    • level: 22
    ^My thoughts times a million when I first watched "Brian and Stewie." I would like that episode a lot better if that particular scene had been deleted and replaced with something...funnier?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

That_TV_Dude

[182]Dec 21, 2010
    • level: 24

Family Guy has been tanking over the last few seasons and relies on the same jokes too much now. American Dad on the other hand has new humor on each episode and has gotten better over the years. So I am going with American Dad as the better show

mully

[183]Jun 13, 2012
    • level: 6
    American Dad. Totally. It has usurped Family Guy in almost every way now.

thundercat2000

[184]Jun 14, 2012
    • level: 17

American Dad is much better.

Ayranci

[185]Jun 18, 2013
    • level: 17

I agree that Family Guy went downhill but It's still an enjoyable and funny show. In my opinion, Family Guy improved a little after season 10. Second half of season 11 was a bit disappointing but season 11 was a decent season of Family Guy. I hope the next season will be better. In my opinion, American Dad is better than Family Guy now but American Dad is still not better than Family Guy's first three seasons. In my opinion, season 7 of American Dad was a weak season and It wasn't better than season 10 of Family Guy but I thought season 8 (the last season)was an improvement over season 7 and It was better than season 11 of Family Guy.

Edited on 06/18/2013 12:54pm
    Edited 4 total times.

Impractical

[186]Jul 6, 2014
    • level: 2

If you asked me that question one year ago I would have said family guy. I didn't like American dad because it looked boring to me. But then I actually tried it. I ended up watching the entire series in a matter of weeks. After that I watched some family guy, and that's when I realized that American dad was better and funnier. family guy is ok but the jokes are stale, the first season was awesome but then it went down hill. you can only deal with a stupid, fat, alcoholic, abusive dad as the main character for so long, then it just becomes irritating. I feel like people that say family guy is better haven't given american dad a chance, or they have but they only watched the first season (which wasn't nearly as good as the seasons following). So before you family guy fans jump to the conclusion that family guy is better, I recommend giving american dad a good chance. American dad deserves way more recognition then it gets.