American Dad! Forums

Sunday 9:30 PM on FOXIn Season

Why Can't We be Friends Episode Discussion

ollibot284

[1]Dec 3, 2012
    • level: 9

Discuss the episode what did you think of it. I thought it was touching and heartwarming especially at the end when Steve and Snot were performing and there was a dedication to BFFs. We also learned that Hayley dated a black guy who Stan of course resented. Steve and Snot looked cool in those wigs.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

FOP_fan17

[2]Dec 3, 2012
    • level: 22
    ^I agree with all of that. It was nice to see another "Stan tries to make Steve a man" plot that wasn't cliched. American Dad is one of the few shows that can stick with the same reoccuring themes without making them stale. I feel bad for Hayley's black date, as well as Klaus for not being in the episode.

The sideplot with Roger and Jeff was a riot! I wish the writers would have given us an explanation as to why Roger was robbing Jeff, though. It was funny how the hallway was turned into a dangerous looking alley, and I liked that Jeff got a comeuppance at the end...although I also would have liked him to see that Roger was doing it. I am looking forward to seeing more of these two this season!

YesItsKirby

[3]Dec 4, 2012
    • level: 1
    Another favorite. Every episode this season has impressed me. I really hope American dad will start gaining the attention it deserves.

thundercat2000

[4]Dec 4, 2012
    • level: 17

I loved this one!! It was great to see that Stan can appreciate Snot as a great friend to Steve. The sleepover scene was very funny. I agree with everybodyelse on Roger and Jeff. That was hilarious!! I loved it when Roger got his comeuppance when Jeff finally stood up to him. I also agree that they should have explained why Roger was robbing him. The hallway scenes were histerical.

FOP_fan17

[5]Dec 4, 2012
    ^Yeah, the sleepover scene was hilarious! American Dad is one of the few shows that can make a long joke without making it seem tacky. If FG had done that it would have felt overone, but American Dad pulled it off, as always.

If this season's episodes remain at the quality they've been so far, then I wouldn't be surprised if it beats Season 5 for being one of the best, if not THE best, season yet.

YesItsKirby

[7]Dec 5, 2012

titanius719 wrote:

The sleepover scene was pretty hilarious. I was watching at DISH Online while I was waiting for my plane to land and I know the other passengers heard me laughing when Stan was talking about going swimming the next day, lol. Everyone in my office at DISH remembers having those conversations and I am happy they were able to portray it without being tacky too.

"How many people do you think are having sex right now?"

"In the city, or in the whole world?"

"The world!"

"I don't know.. 50."

"Yeah, that's what I think too!"

"I can't wait to go swimming tomorrow."

FOP_fan17

[8]Dec 5, 2012
    ^Hilarious! My favorite line in the episode was Roger saying "Is that the "come back and kick me" whistle?"

YesItsKirby

[9]Dec 6, 2012
    The hallway turning into a sketchy looking ghetto street was the best.

antdude

[10]Dec 9, 2012
    • level: 27
    I like it.