American Dad!

Francine's Flashback

Aired Monday 9:30 PM May 15, 2005 on TBS

• Stan forgot his and Francine's anniversary when he was busy with his CIA co-workers

When Stan forgets his anniversary, he arranges to have 20 hours of Francine's memory erased, but the CIA temp on duty accidentally erases 20 years. Francine, having reverted to her wild child days, moves into her old apartment with Hayley as a roommate, and ends up going to a festival with Hayley's boyfriend. Meanwhile, Steve asks a good-looking girl out, but needs his wingman, Roger, to "jump on a grenade" for him and date her ugly cousin. Once again, I get a decent episode. IMO, season 1 was decent when it's started, but then it got a tad better. The storyline for this episode was good. Stan forgetting his wife's anniversary when he was fishing with his co-workers was very funny (I noticed Stan was more dumber in the older episodes, especially in Homeland Insecurity). Roger's plot was alright. I did laughed when Toshi said "Godzilla!" when Jewel appeared. On the main plot, it was funnier. Francine was very funny when she loses her memory and then acted weird. I laughed a few times in this plot. Overall, a good episode. 7.5/10
  • Another perfect episode.

Overall, this episode was fantastic, Roger's plot was the best though

10 out of 10

• great

Stan forgets his anniversary and tries to make it a great one by erasing 20 hours of Francine's life, but it is accidentally 20 YEARS. Now Francine is a wild teen, and she eventually runs away with Jeff, Hailey's boyfriend. Will Stan win her back?

Steve dates a hot girl and sets Roger up with her ugly cousin. The girl finds out Roger is an alien. Is their secret revealed once and for all?

Good episode. I liked the sub plot more, especially the end of it when Stan thinks Steve's girl was the ugly one and he congratulates him. Good episode. B- or so as a grade, I think is fair
  • this was a good ep

in this ep of american dad stan forgets his annivery and erases his wife memory for short time due to the fact that the last time he went home his wife beat the crap out of him and then he acidently erased 20 years of her life so she thinks its the 1980s and wants to party all night and drink with her friends and stan tries to recreat the moement that they met . but it seems like its not working so they find her at a buring festival and that is when she remembers . this was a good ep i thought.
  • Tied for my favorite episode.

This episode is extremely funny and I give both storylines a 10. The raccoon scene had great action and a laughed so hard at that part. Also Stan was hillarious like when he said that he was laying low because it was the anniversary of a big fight he and Francine had and his co workers said how did he and Francine get he got in the fight and Stan said for forgetting their anniversary i'm never going to do that again. When Jewel is intuduced it is hillarious because everyone hid and ran and Toshi said it's Godzilla. I cracked up at when there on a double date and Jewel gets real close and Roger says uncomfortable. Overall an extremely funny episode.
  • Stan being the dumb CIA oaf he is forgets Francine's anniversary. To make sure he isn't in trouble, Stan erases her memory of what happened in the last 20 hours. But the technician makes a mistake and erases 20 years of her memory. This is very funny.

This was a funny episode. I liked the part when Stan chases after the raccoon and tries to gun it down. I also, like the part where Stan and Hailey talk to each other and he says he'll kill her and eat her heart. All in all it was one of the good episodes in the 1st season of American Dad and I hope Season 3 gets better too. I find Stan's story of "how he got Francine" somewhat Funny/touching. He runs over a raccoon it's half dead, Francine doesn't like it to suffer, and Stan shoots it to death. XD
  • Francine has a flashback?!-No Way!!

7.7
    This episode was great, how we get the usual "Husband Forgets Anniversiary" plot turned upside down, I mean what other show would have a husband erase his wife's memory to get out of something like fogetting his wedding anniversiary? None, American Dad! shows its purity once again with this hilarious episode.

I like how we get to see Francine's past, she was a bad a girl. and the jokes like the racoon with Stan-that was great and Francine's line when she is acting young - "Whoa! Who fired the gardner!?!" that was just so damn hilarious, I rofl.

The reason this episode got such a low score was it doesn't smash out at me like all the other episodes normally do. And the plot wasn't THAT good, but it was OK...
  • After forgetting his wedding anniversary, Stan accidentally erases 20 years of Francine’s memory. Steve and Roger go on a double date.

After forgetting his wedding anniversary, Stan accidentally erases 20 years of Francine’s memory. Steve and Roger go on a double date. When it comes to love, Stan knows least. Since airing on Fox “American Dad!” has been one of the most underrated new shows but after an episode like “Francine’s Flashback”, the animated series deserves some attention. “Francine’s Flashback” is outrageously funny. Stan Smith might be Mr. Popularity in the CIA but when it comes to matters of the heart, he falls flat. Forcing Whitney Houston to sing for a bag of cocaine was priceless. Francine is the real highlight in this episode. The memory erase makes Francine to act out her wild teenage years. Her drinking and insane partying proves too much for Hayley to bear. She even steals Hayley’s boyfriend. Stan’s attempts to win her back end in disaster and must try the sentimental approach to make her remember. Roger and Steve have their moment in the spotlight. In order to date the school’s hottie, Steve tricks Roger to date her hideous friend. The date ends with the girls having their memories’ erased.
  • GO RACCOON, GO!!

A couple of great storylines intertwine here - Steve finally gets a date(!), who unfortunately only goes out with him on the condition that he find a date for her friend, a monstrosity named Jewel. Roger is the unlucky candidate, I think mainly because he's so desperate to get outta the house!
    Meanwhile, Stan forgot his and Francine's anniversary AGAIN, and so has to go to a CIA scientist in order to have her memory erased by 20 hours. Unfortunately, it's wiped by 20 years, leaving her back in her wild partying stage.
    I didn't think they got quite far enough into how Hayley reacted, because towards the end she tells Francine she was cool - however her attitude through the show was more one of impatience with her mother.
    LOVED the high speed raccoon chase, I thought that raccoon just rocked :D
  • Francine loses her memory

This is a very memorable episode of American Dad, and also the first I’d ever seen (this is when I was a casual viewer). Starting off with your everyday “forget the anniversary/birthday” plot that many sitcoms do, American Dad does a twist to this idea as Stan erases his wife’s memory, though the hilarity is heightened when it reveals the technician as an idiot, getting the hours and years dials confused.

Stan remembering the anniversary of the fight that occurred the previous year because Stan forgot their anniversary but not remembering their actual anniversary is a hilarious concept and is pulled off very well.

The way they fell in love is very amusing as is the lengths that Stan goes to to relive the moment but seeing what Francine was like earlier is the main reason the episode is entertaining as it has great character development on that part.
  • Best of the season, easily.

This series was off to a much shakier start than its older cousin Family Guy. Whereas some episodes had funny moments, such as the mall chase scene in the Pilot and Stan's possession in "Deacon Stan, Jesus man", there was never a truly standout episode.

This one on the other hand, had a great story with plenty of funny scenes, with the raccoon chase scene being my favorite. Also, Francine was finally utilized to a great degree that didn't make her look so one-dimentional.

Overall, a very entertaining story with some funny rasta commentary and a good flow.
  • jamaican me crazy!

this show jamaics me crazy with laughter.
    like family guy, lives up to all expectations, hilariously funny at every turn. strangely different but always pleasing.
    "its the only photo of francine where you cant see fadge, ah fadge, the little island boy who served as our tour guide"
    just when you think that American Dad is pushing the boundaries, your wrong, it completely smashes the boundaries, leaving you in a wake of histerics.
    Seth MacFarlane has taken a new approach, by branching off a new series that says and does what it wants, its the rebel child of family guy and i love it!
  • Stan forgets his anniversary and "accidentally" erases Francine's memory.

"No matter what they take from me,
    they can't take away my dignity!".....I laughed for two days straight after seeing this episode. Second only to the wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man comercial in the family guy movie. My review won't be longer than this cause im still laughing......
  • How crazy is that the scienes guy use the wrong deli.

7.7
    I hope I don't do it to my wife. Because it be hard to get her life back and make her have a big headache so I can tell her a lied for now to the day she remember who I am so it back to normal for now and forever!
  • Its was so funny!

I loved it! In the begening, Stan didn't know that it was their anniversary, so he goes on a fishing trip with a few of his co-workers. Then he finds out about it. So he erases her memory for 20 years! So she thinks that she's a party girl and goes to a party wityh her dauther's boyfriend. Meanwhile Steve and Roger are double dating. Steve gets a pretty girl and Roger gets her ugly friend! Francine ends up getting her memory back, and when they get back to the house the two girls find out that Roger is a alien, so they end up getting their minds earased.