American Dad!

Irregarding Steve

Aired Monday 9:30 PM Dec 10, 2006 on TBS

• Roger and Steve go to NYC to prove that Stan isn't a smart dad

When Roger helps Steve see that his father isn't as smart as he always believed, the power-hungry pair set their sights on fame and fortune in New York City. It doesn't take long for Roger to lose everything on Wall Street, and Steve contemplates prostitution after Jon Stewart shoots down his comedy routine. Meanwhile, the rest of the family is certain that the two have just run away to the tree house, so when it explodes in a lightning storm, they are devastated, but console themselves with Steve's college fund. IMO, this was a great AD episode. Not really funny moments here but I'll said the squirrel scenes were hilarious. Last scene however was too sudden. The beginning of the episode was very interesting which was imagined by Klaus. My favortie scene is when Steve beat up the guy for making of Stan (and he deserved that). Overall, not the funniest episode, but it was a great episode. 10/10
  • Good.

7.5 out of 10

• superb

What I liked: the chipmunks, Steve and Roger laughing at and making fun of Stan (I have half a mind- "There he goes, exaggerating again!"), Roger thinking SJP meant Sarah Jessica Parker, and the whole NYSE dialogue, Steve's report on fossils (and his teacher calling him a dumbass), Stan referring to Denver as "The Windy City", Steve beating the crap out of the guy for making fun of his dad, etc.

The only thing stopping this from being a perfect score is the plot itself bored me. But the episode had a lot of funny moments. Not my favorite of the series but it was definitely a great outing, final grade would be a B+/A-
  • Steve and Roger go NYing

The start of this episode is great with Klaus’ dream getting more absurd as it goes on, and then seeing Stan’s knowledge of fossils is very amusing and starts off the plot of Steve’s father being an idiot. Steve and Roger in New York was an okay plot and provided a few good laughs, with Roger’s moronic knowledge of the stock market and Steve’s new career. I preferred the plot of the family thinking Steve and Roger were dead which is hilarious.

The episode itself isn’t outstanding but the squirrels are a terrible plot and seem so pointless and awful reach for laughs. Irregardless, this episode is still funny.
  • Best \'American Dad\' episode EVER. PERIOD.

This has to be the best \'American Dad\' episode ever. I never liked \'American Dad\' all that much before. It was funny, clever, and had so many well written quotes! TONS of clever quotes! My personal favorite:

Steve: Hello! New York!
    Roger: (while slamming the door on the bellboy) ..and goodbye! Struggling gay actor!

That quote alone makes this episode deserve a 9! Lol
    But it was just too good: the Hollywood stock exchange VS. NYSE, Roger\'s shining moments, the street hooker prostitution, and of course the original American dad comedy. Everything about the chipmunks and everything Stan did were sooo out of place it was actually funny.
  • One of the best American Dad episodes I've seen yet.

I never thought that the two classic films "Midnight Cowboy" and "What's Eating Gilbert Grape?" could ever be woven together into one half hour animated television show. But, somehow show writers Chris and Matt Mc Kenna and director Pam Cooke managed to achieve this undertaking perfectly. The "Midnight Cowboy" thread kind of snuck up on me at first. But, once I saw Roger with that horrible 70's hair trying to make a killing in the stock market, I was sure that was the reference being made. The ending of that sequence with "Everybody's Talking" from Harry Nilsson was the icing on the cake.

Conversely, the "What's Eating Gilbert Grape?" thread was obvious from the beginning. However... Arnie, Gilbert, and Mama Squirrel were all simply perfect.
  • American Dad's latest installment...it is good, luckily.

This episode is one of the greatest episodes of the season, some of the episodes being a little strange. It seems like some of the American Dad episodes aren't that funny and are more of an adventure/drama than a comedy. Luckily, this episode was plenty funny, especially the part when Steve was dressed like a cowboy and acting as a gay prostitute. Priceless!

Anyway, this is a good example of a good American Dad episode. It was funny enough and didn't have a plotline that was so weird, you could barely follow it. Like I always say, American Dad is not as bad as everyone says it is.
  • What I like about this show is that, unlike Family Guy, there are very little \'crazy flashbacks\' intertwined in the episode. This episode, however, had a very touching and sweet side-story that was, of course, a parody of film.

Excellent, funny, touching, and silly. Just right for some lite Sunday TV viewing.

I refer to the side story involving the family of squirrels that inhabits the backyard treehouse. Without going into too much detail I think it was probably the sweetest, most touching side story I have ever seen, even though it was a parody. Watch the episode and see if this little gem of a side-tory doesn\'t pull at your heartstrings.
  • Journey to NYC!

Roger and Steve decide to runway to New York city, after had an arguement with Stan. After Roger losinbg in the stock market and Steve turn being turned down by Jon stewart, Steve turns to prostitution. Meanwhile, back at home, the family was shock whe Steve and Roger died when their treehosue goes up in flames. The episode satire two movies, "Midnight Cowboy" and "what's Eating Gibert Grape." The Gibert Grape spoof was done by two squrriels and one big fat squrriels. the "Midnighjt cowboy" spoof was done by Steve (in a cowboy hat) and Roger. A better episode. A whol lot of fun.
  • popcorn low cal 9/11 line is a classic!

again the in jokes and movie jokes are classic.....the music at the end had me in stitches i have to download this in the uk you lucky yanks get to see this hours before me....but again very funny and popcorn low cal 9/11 line is a classic!.......i cant wait for the xmas episode