American Dad!

It's Good to be the Queen

Aired Monday 9:30 PM Feb 26, 2006 on TBS

• Good but not my favorite

Because of a past incident at his own prom, where he was lured into a dance with the homecoming queen only to have a pile of pigs dropped on him, Stan wants revenge by showing off that he married a homecoming queen, Francine. A proud Stan accompanies Francine to her reunion, but when they find out that two ballots were lost and that Francine didn't actually win the crown, Stan is devastated. Meanwhile, a dejected Steve is "saved" by a pizza delivery man with a Messianic message. Eh, this episode, like some of the first half was a tad low on humor, but I still enjoyed it. The main plot was kinda boring and didn't gave me much laugh. I laughed like a few times, but my biggest laugh was probably the pig part. As for Steve/Roger plot, it was better. There were more humor. My only problem in that plot was how Steve acted to Mitch (the pizza man). Overall, a decent episode...which actually went to the slow side of the show, but improves after that (expect for a few more episodes). 7.5/10
  • Good

7 out of 10

• great

Stan is devastated when he learns Francine actually did not win prom queen back in the day, and her opponent did. Will this jeopardize their relationship? Steve and Roger meet an intelligent pizza delivery man who teaches them life lessons whilst delivering pizzas.

Good episode, but it was the sub plot that kept it at a good grade. The main plot was good and all but I really liked the sub plot more. The pizza guy was a good one-time character and it just had more laughs for me, and kept me more entertained. So overall my final grade is a B- or so, I think is fair for this episode.
  • Francine's High School Reunion!!!!!

Because of a past incident at his own prom, where he was lured into a dance with the homecoming queen only to have a pile of pigs dropped on him, Stan wants revenge by showing off that he married a homecoming queen, Francine. A proud Stan accompanies Francine to her reunion, but when they find out that two ballots were lost and that Francine didn't actually win the crown, Stan is devastated. Meanwhile, a dejected Steve is "saved" by a pizza delivery man with a Messianic message. A pretty wishy-washy episode, not really good and not really bad ok but not really funny.
  • Francine's high school reunion.

Stan’s double goes on his most dangerous mission yet, facing Stan’s wife and getting shot in his leg. This plot is pretty funny, with some great moments with Stan’s insensitive remarks about the real homecoming queen and Stan’s double going into way too much detail about Francine’s past, but this episode really isn’t a standout one, with the whole Pizza Jesus plot being ridiculous and Klaus and Hailey high plot also not being quite good either, but both having their moments. Even the main plot wasn’t particularly great, but one that is funny all the same.

All in all, this episode is good but not outstanding, and one that has a pretty good ending to sum up the plot.
  • Not the greatest episode, but it was funny at times.

The first story line was about Stan and Francine going to her high school reunion, because he had a bad time at his prom that had to do with the Prom Queen. So when they get there, he gets so excited about the whole thing. He takes the ballet box and opens it by mistake. It reviles that it was Betty Sue was the Prom Queen instead of Francine. Of course Stan was surprise and discusted by the whole thing. Then he takes Betty Sue as his date to the reunion, because he wanted to take the Prom Queen. Francine gets jelous over it. Then he sends in a double to make sure that Francine wont come to the reunion. So when she finds out, she says that she'll kill both of them if they don't tell her whats going on. Stan tells her the whole story, and how it was his fault. Francinen then shoots the Stan double, and t make it up to her, he dances with her in the spot light.
    Meanwhile, Steve and Roger are messing aroun with random things. Then Steve throughs a water ballon at a pizza guy, then the pizza guy says something about Steve. Steve was so moved by the whole thing, and agrees to go with him to deliver his pizzas. Roger was making fun of the whole thing along the way. So then the pizza guy ask Roger to come with him, Steve gets about it, so he steals the pizza's and throws them in the river. Roger later then gets moved by his "wise" words. Then he accepts Steve appolige, and then leaves. Steve and Roger watch him leave, and Roger gets upset because he wont see him again.
    Also, Haley and Jeff are eating pot brownies, then Klaus comes over thinking that the brownies were normal and eats one. Jeff passes out later on after seeing his double. Then Hayle and Klaus began talking about random things.
  • Some funny moments, but not to much development of characters.

The first storyline was,Stan and Francine both go to Francine's High school reunion. Stan thought Francine was prom queen, and later finds out that the balots were mixed and Francine actually lost. The second storline was, Steve and Roger become disciples of a messianic pizza man. The third storyline was, Hayley, Klaus, and Jeff, get into a discussion after eating some "special" brownies. The funny thing about the first storyline was that Stan was so upset about not dancing with the prom queen, that he ended up dancing with the real one, that was much uglier than his wife. Overall good episode. A good one for Stan and Francine, a really bad one for Stan's double.
  • Funny moment in between but nothing really good in the sense of development or adding something new. Not what I was expecting to end the season in.

Stan and Francine goes to Francine's High School reunion so that Stan could dance with the prom queen to show everybody and pay back for what happen at his school prom. Steve and Roger become disciple of a messianic pizza delivery man. Hayley, Jeff and Klaus get into some enlightening discussion after consuming special brownies. A funny overall episode but nothing really stand out. Not a good episode for Double.
  • In a series, considered by many as being funny. This episode stands out to raise the bar even further.

Normally I like American Dad. In my own oppinion, I havent seen an episode that fell flat yet.
    The characters are a little outrages as any cartoon character should be, the stories aren't all that deep. But they keep you intertained and reveals the fun in things from our everyday life. I was laughing almost the whole episode through, and there wasn't any rough edges. American isn't as over the edge as Family Guy, but I really like this flavor. If you enjoyed some or all of the previous episodes this is diffinently to be recommended.
  • There are three storylines in this episode. In the first one absolutely nothing happens, the second is boring and the third is stupid!

Like I wrote in the summary the first storyline we see is Hayley, her boyfriend and Klaus stoned with some cookies. Yeah. And now? They just lay around and their talk isn’t even funny. Ok it wasn’t that long so let’s forget about that.
    Then Roger and Steve play with the rocket launcher. The only funny sentence in that show was made there: When a 5 year old Palestinian can use one, so can we. Hey, he’s right! So they shoot a few water balloons and finally a grenade at some poor pizza delivery guy. That one wasn’t funny at all! The Jesus like was a good idea, but with everything that happened, it just wasn’t funny. To everything you could say, yes so should it be.
    The third storyline is that Stan has a double and uses it to the reunion of Francine’s old class. What happened there? 20 minutes after the show I can hardly remember, because it was so boring. Nothing important happened.

Just forget about this episode. I gave a five because I liked some ideas but basically I usually expect a lot more of this show. I hope they figure out some better ideas or they should end it. Sorry, but it’s true!
TOON