American Dad!

Less Money, Mo' Problems

Aired Sunday 9:30 PM Mar 25, 2012 on TBS

• Don't always assume...

I actually really liked this episode because it dealt with a rather popular issue people seem to face today.

When it comes to some families, some parents do not realize how hard it can be to live on minimum wage, especially in this day and age. Yes, back then it was more possible but not really today. I also liked how it showed how hard it can be for a homeless person to get a job as evidence by the part where Stan tries to apply for one but due to not living in the house, takes a "clean up" near a dumpster which happened to be outside the building he was going to apply to. Yeah, I just love how darkly accurate this could be to real life.

The subplot with Roger and Steve was okay. Not great but okay. I laughed at the slow-mo car scene with the music as well when Klaus passes them by, that was pretty funny. Other than that, not a whole happened.

Yes, the episode was not as great as the others but the subject matter really struck home with me as I could relate to it. So yeah, all in all, the episode was okay.
  • HD ...

1.5
    This episode was rubbish, all the jokes fell flat. Even the part where Roger gets his revenge on Klaus seemed to be filler. The whole episode was like bad Family Guy cutaways to be fair. Seemed to be showing off with the animation over the actual story telling.
  • Not the best but it's much better than the previous episode "Stan's Best Friend"

After losing patience with Hayley and Jeff for their freeloading ways, Stan bets the young couple that he and Francine can live on minimum wage for a month. Meanwhile, Steve and Roger embark on a mission to test drive the car of their dreams. I thought that this was an alright/decent episode of "American Dad". It's definitely not the greatest episode of the season or of the series but it's pretty decent and I liked plus there were some very funny moments that I couldn't help but laugh it all out. I really didn't Haley and Jeff (especially Haley) in this episode and how they make a bet. Stan and Francine are being good parents and they put up with Jeff living at their home but that's how Haley repays them with disrespect. I liked the subplot more than the main plot. The scenes with Steve and Roger driving the car was hilarious but the most hilarious part in this subplot was definitely Klaus' slo-mo reaction to Roger and Steve in the car (that just cracked me up). As for the main plot, I got some pretty good laughs in there and I know there was one part in the main plot that really cracked me up but I can't remember. My score is lower though because I found the last few minutes of the episode to be very weak and very stupid plus it was kind bad. And the very last scene of the episode, oh my gosh!!! that angered me and made me roll my eyes. Overall, a decent/alright episode of "American Dad"... it could have been better but it could have been worse so this was decent enough. 7.5/10
  • Just awful...

1.5
    I thought it was pretty bad, the a and b-plots bored me and the premise of seeing Stan so low to learn a lesson has been done to death.

The episode was just unfunny and sends a bad message overall about how cartoon writers think viewers will watch crapola and like it.

The only part that was good was Klaus burning Steve and Roger at first and then Klaus' slo-mo reaction to Steve and Roger's whip.

Also the Rebecca you're my queen line, the I'm the hamberrobber joke, the food managers orthotics, and the shoe police, wtf to all of that, it was just so lame.

As was Stan robbing his own house to get more crack... wait that's a different episode, lol, and a much better one.

And was the bloody pictionary gag at the end actually funny, no, no it wasn't at all.

On the flipside you do see a lot of black women with funny feeling elbows at free clinics these days, bravo AD, bravisimo.

Don't get me wrong I love AD... but I fear it's slowly morphing and turning into a lame FG clone.

P.S. Was the Shoe Police joke after the final act a shot at the entire episode being crappy, I think perhaps so?