American Dad!

Sunday 9:30 PM on FOX Premiered Feb 06, 2005 In Season

TVTome_Shadow

American Dad! Fan Reviews (688)

• At least This Show Did Not Tank After Family Guy Did In Season 10-11-12

Family Guy's recent episodes contain flat jokes and burned out comedy.

American Dad! recent episodes are pure comedy.
  • Seth MacFarlane colpisce ancora!

American Dad la mia seconda serie televisiva preferita dopo I Griffin e The Simpsons che mi ha saputo coinvolgere dall'inizio alla fine!
  • Quite enjoyed early on

Many ep (05-14)
  • Top three.

I only have three shows that I watch exclusively, and those are American Dad, Family Guy, and Futurama.

NO, American Dad is NOT a knockoff of Family Guy. They are two different shows with extremely different plot points and different jokes.

American Dad is amazing, and should never be canceled. It could end, but I don't see that happening. I love it, and several new episodes could be created, if they put their minds to it.

I love it.

10/10.
  • you now it is true

american dad is just a knock off of family guy!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Better than Family Guy's recent seasons

Family Guy hasn't been good since like season 9 and this is a breath of fresh air. I like Roger, he's the best but some of the characters do get annoying and there have been a few times they have crossed gender lines (Can I Frank With You, Stan Goes on The Pill) But overall a lot better than Family Guy's past 2 or 3 seasons. At least the plot and jokes are not repetitive unlike in Family Guy.
  • Bored to death

Here lies American Dad which was not funny and annoying. No but seriously, this show is completely ridiculous. It's not that funny and I don't care what people think of my rating.
  • lame and annoying, but still good

this show is one of my favorites, but some of the characters are just as annoying as hell, like roger. if they made him less successful and let us see him suffer for once, then I would still watch this. otherwise the simpsons is still the best show ever for me. though this show still makes me laugh, still love the other characters.
  • Not as good as Family Guy, but is still a great show.

Some of you soccermoms think this isn't for kids and should be canceled, but this is FUNNY! Not close to Family Guy, but again, this show is great. Sometimes I watch this on Adult Swim when I have trouble going to sleep. It's a pretty entertaining, yet funny show! My dad sometimes likes to watch this and Family Guy, but at other times he thinks this show is stupid. I really don't care what he thinks, I care what I think, so in conclusion, you should check out this show.
  • What's to review, when are the next episodes on??

I'm having cartoon withdrawal symptoms - where's tne info about any upcoming episodes, and more importantly when are the next episodes of Am Dad, Simpsons & Fam Guy airing??? The Simpsons page says the next episode will not be on until the fourth of MAY!!!?! This page and FG's page give no info re upcoming episodes AT ALL either - they haven't had any info for weeks! What's going on, has Hollywood flooded or something???... Anyone??
  • Roger has joined the ranks of Bugs Bunny. Who's with me?!?

You seriously have to wonder where the inspiration for Roger came from: an alcoholic, drug-addict, pansexual, sociopathic, Pure genius. And whether one is a fan of "American Dad" or have to tune in just to see what Roger will say or do next (very reminiscent of Howard Stern's "Private Parts"). I wish Seth would market Roger toys--a life-size plush, perhaps?

On a more serious the hell is happening to the show's direction these days? This current season is more dramatic than comical. With the animation sharper than it's ever been, but why is the tone so somber lately? I find myself excitedly tuning in for Roger's shenanigans and end up squirming thru some coming-of-age melodrama with Steve. I didn't sign up for that! Hell, Roger hardly has any screen time in these latest episodes. PLEASE tell me they are not trying to add "substance" to an otherwise perfect cartoon concept (ala "Simpsons" for the past 10 years and "South Park" for the past 2 years).

I gave up a LONG time ago on "Family Guy"...

Signed,

Roger's #1 fan
  • A Seth MacFarlane Show With Little Involvement from Seth Himself

This wonderful show has surprised me in so many ways and being completely different from Family Guy with its surrealism and wacky situations. Mike Barker and Matt Weitzman, who have been showrunners for most of this show's run, have done an excellent job maintaining the show's integrity for all these years and making sure that the characters maintain their likeability, which is a common complaint that I've seen regarding Family Guy and its character changes. Roger by far is the #1 reason to watch the show, but Stan, Francine, Steve, and Klaus are also pretty cool. If you really hate Seth MacFarlane stuff, you should really give AD a try, starting with Season 2 or 3. Season 1's underrated but the show hadn't developed its personality yet.
  • The show that pissed off America

This show, if considered a political show, is the best of its kind. It's a weird case: The show's first episodes sucked so bad I almost shot the TV. Why didn't they just stay with Family Guy? But as it progressed, it became a show almost as good as its predecessor. With the funniest, best alien since ALF, and the most iconic government worker, this show is sure to become legend. Think of any conspiracy, any fault America or a president has committed, and American Dad has made or will make an episode about it.

Warning: Don't watch if you are close minded or are obsessed with America
  • stan smith has made america look fantastic for the world

people may know that american dad may be seth macfarlane's best show, but the smiths will always live in langley falls on 43 cherry street. the episodes were well written, and makes the plot stable into the underworld of the animation history. my favorite characters are francine smith, and akiko yoshida.

besides that, roger smith can disguise as anyone such as bill gates (although the bill gates disguise is nowhere to be found in any episode, just a sample of his disguises).

i can imagine what the american dad spin off would be like in the future.. if 2018 was here, and all of the planets align, an american dad spin off would be officially announced.

i wanted to thank seth macfarlane and his "american" work of this great although the show has criticisms similar to other of his tv shows on fox animation.
  • Not all bad, just....

I`m not really into this show. I`d rather watch the Simpsons or Family Guy instead of this. Still, I have to congradulate the creator of the show. The animation is pretty good and the plots are not half bad themselves. Still, it`s just not my cup of tea. Hope you understand.
  • Stan really knows how to wake up America!

Another funny show by Seth McFarlane! It's quite swell!
  • BEST SHOW

AMERICAN DAD HAS BEEN CANCELED FROM FOX THIS IS THIER LAST SEASON , BUT THEIRS GOOD NEWS TBS IS CONTINUING IT
  • Seth MacFarlane's best show now

In my opnion, American Dad is a great show and I think this show the best Animation Domination show on FOX. This show didn't start out good but It got better after season 3. It's my second favorite adult cartoon now. The first is still Futurama. In my opinion, first three seasons of Family Guy are still better than American Dad but later American Dad got better than Family Guy and Family Guy went downhill but I still like Family Guy too. In my opinion, American Dad has less bad episodes than Family Guy. I think this show is orijinal, funny and very enjoyable. It's also action packed sometimes. I also like all seasons except season 7 (2011-2012 season) because in my opinion there were some mediocre episodes in this season but after season 8, American Dad improved a little. I like all main characters in this show. Roger is my favoirte character because he is so hilarious. Even though he is unlikeable sometimes like in "Ricky Spanish", "Love AD Style" and "Naked to the Limit, One More Time", I still like him. Klaus is my second favorite character but I still think Roger is better. My favorite episodes are "Black History Month", "1600 Candles", "May the Best Stan Win", "Merlot Down Dirty Shame", "100 AD "Wheels & The Legman and The Case of Grandpa's Key" and "Lost in Space". I wish FOX didn't cancel this Show but at least there will be one season before this show ends on FOX and new episodes will start air on TBS. I can't wait to see the next season. I watched the trailer of next season and It looks great. I hope this Show doesn't go downhill like Family Guy did. 10/10
  • A lot better than Family Guy

Family Guy is ok but American Dad is a lot better. The writing is outstanding and the characters are very likable and funny. The animation is also top notch and the comedy is more consistent

10/10- I recommend this to Family Guy lovers and fans who felt the show went downhill. American dad is easily my favorite animated comedy. You should definitely check it out
  • Awesome Show

This show is awesome, MUCH better than that old Family Guy!
  • It does have it's moments, however, it just sticks to the Seth McFarlane cliche. Make as many offensive and off color jokes as possible.

I'll be the first to say that Seth McFarlane is funny. I don't think he's a legend like Woody Allen, Peter Sellers, or The Pythons. But if you can give him stuff to work with he can be funny.

But American Dad is basically Family Guy rehashed. And while that's not bad, it's just too samey, for a lack of a better word. Now, I will give this show one thing, it's plots are good. It focuses less on the jokes and more on the absurdity of the characters. And while I have nothing against cutaway gags (basically which is what Family Guy is known for), it makes it feel more cohesive. But some of the jokes really fall flat however. Like really, for every point it gets for it's plot and writing, it's really taken back by it's jokes. In the end while American Dad can be funny, it just gets too stupid at times. It's not bad, it's good, but there are better options. It is some solid entertainment for 30 minutes.

I know, I'll get thumbs downed for this though, so my opinion will likely be shot down by the internet. Aww....
  • create a full song i will totally buy it

man you guys really need to make a full song of DADDYS GONE 61CzWdIDcE that shit is awsome and it is really powerful if you guys sell this song on itunes you guys would be making loads of money off of it #GREAT SONG
  • Not as good as Family Guy, but still enjoyable nonetheless.

Okay, okay. I know you all think Family Guy's tanked somewhat, but I don't think so, in fact I like the newer episodes a lot. American Dad has potential, but what's keeping it from being more enjoyable is that they seem to use Roger as their trump card because they might be out of ideas. I'm not saying I hate the show, I'm just saying it can do better.
  • Fuzzy Door's Finest

American Dad is a fantastic show, telling the story of an American family, facing day to day struggles ending in elaborate yet hilarious stories. Each of the characters in the Smith family can hold down an episode of their own, while keeping a viewer entertained and laughing the whole way through.

Similar to sister shows Family Guy, and The Cleveland Show, it is unlikely that the show would do this well, however, it is widely debated that this show is the best produced by Fuzzy Door.

I have not seen an episode of American Dad that I didn't like (and I've seen them If you are in for a few laughs, an intriguing story, or something to watch with friends, you should definitely check out American Dad.
  • Political stereotypes at it's finest

Usually making fun of an ultra conservative is pretty easy, but Seth MacFarlane knocks this one out of the park. Great variety of characters, slight political satire, and clever writing that gets slightly better each week. (unlike Family guy which is unfortunately going the other But the true staying power of this show is Roger; a drunken, bi-sexual, asshole alien that's possibilities are endless. Voiced wonderfully by Seth, which came as a surprise to me. I always thought he sounded like Paul Lynde ... but enough rambling .... An easy 8.5
  • American Dad! rapes the new Family Guy. This show is actually REALLY funny.

This show started out a little bland on it's first few seasons but starting being really funny from 2007 tell now awesome show.
  • GOOD MORNING USA!

This show makes me proud to be an American. I find it funny from start to finish. I laugh more when I watch Family Guy but this show has more of a story. Something about this show makes me want to join the cia or at least look for drunk costumed big wig aliens haha. Good Morning USA!
  • hi-lar-ious

Not a "spinoff", just another brilliant Macfarland work. comparing AD to FG is a moot point.

and ROGER?!! harmonica blown, followed by "noooooooooo!!!" alcoholic alien who lives to assume other lives? sophisticated, charming, rude----Macfarland's worlds are comic genius AND draw devotees in :)
  • American Dad! rapes the new Family Guy. This show is actually REALLY funny.

Wow what a great show. This show should definitely take over new Family Guy it kicks it's a** to oblivion. The writing is Outstanding the characters are likeable and funny many times the animation is that same distinct style that Seth McFarlane is known for. And the Voice Acting is good along with the Score. This show is good except there is one minor thing but this is so minor it doesn't really matter. I for some reason never though Klause was that funny. I don't know but he just was the one that was just there for me i didn't think he was bad dont get me wrong some thing he does in the show or says in the show are funny but many things he does or says in the show just isnt that funny to me. Anyway American Dad! is a great great GREAT show. Rating: 9.5

Go f*ck yourself New Family Guy!
  • I love this show

I love how this show is just like family guy. I'm not gonna hate on it because Seth made this too, which is why its just like family guy. I prefer Family guy, but this show is also very funny, my favorite character is Roger!
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10