American Dad!

Sunday 9:30 PM on FOX Premiered Feb 06, 2005 In Season

TVTome_Shadow

American Dad! Fan Reviews page 2 of 23

• Spelling Bee My Baby - Phantom

According to IMDB this episode does not .. exist! :| It skips from "Naked To The Limit One More Time" (aired 17 FEB '13) to "For Black Eyes Only" (10 MAR '13). Also, IMDB references "Max Jets" as episode 11 and "Naked To The Limit One More Time" as ep.12.

Please confirm or advise otherwise.

Thanks! :)
  • Pretty good

I have seen some people criticizing this for being a ripoff off "Family Guy" (No seriously, they did)

which is odd because... this is made from the same creator as Family Guy.

Ok, I do enjoy this show, a lot. It has a lot of nice jokes and the characters are likable too (Roger FTW)

The only thing I hated about this show... was that episode where Stan and his family go to Saudi-Arabia and Stan decides to live here forever, while a lot of offensive things in that episode were common... I am a Muslim and I was very offended by this episode...

But I just try to forget this accident of an episode and think of all the funny things about this show.
  • "American Dad" is a great cartoon from Seth MacFarlane but it's not my favorite cartoon and I honestly think "Family Guy" is funnier and better than this one

"Family Guy" may be going downhill just a little but I still think that it is a great show. "American Dad" was never my favorite cartoon not even from the start but it's pretty enjoyable to watch. The new episodes of this show have been going downhill and I'm starting to enjoy this show even less to be honest. I think that all of the characters in this show are hilarious but nowhere near as funny as the character from "Family Guy" even though they are a little annoying sometimes. I guess I prefer random, stupid, etc. humor in "Family Guy" than the whatever humor this cartoon brings. Stan who is the father in the family is very funny. Steve is also funny but can be pretty random at times and pretty annoying. Francine is a funny character and the same thing goes to Hayley. The characters that crack me up the most though are Klaus (the goldfish) and Roger (the alien). I must admit that Roger gets on my nerves sometimes though and can be a jerk. Some of the episodes in this show are very bad though especially the new episodes but not all of the new episodes are awful though... I see okay or decent episodes also. I haven't been seeing too many excellent episodes in the new episodes which is a disappointment. Please don't hate me people who like this show better than "Family Guy" but I just prefer "Family Guy" over "American Dad". Seth MacFarlane seems to be getting weak at writing storylines for this show in some of the episodes in my opinion. I recommend this show to everybody whoever loves to get a laugh out of a cartoon. Just like "Family Guy" and "The Cleveland Show", this cartoon is TV-14. This is an entertaining cartoon even though it is not my favorite cartoon and the new episodes are starting to go downhill. Overall, a great cartoon from Seth MacFarlane but it will never beat "Family Guy" in my opinion. 8/10

• NOT MANY LAUGHS ON NETWORK TV THESE DAYS

AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED, AT THE PRESENT TIME (JANUARY 2013), THE ONLY FUNNY COMEDIES ON NETWORK TV ARE THE THREE SETH MCFARLANE SHOWS ON FOX, '30 ROCK' ANF 'THE BIG BANG THEORY'.
  • Needs new ending

4.5
    the entire episode is great until the end when Steve hires stan's old bully. stan should of taken a fall and let Steve beat him up.
  • roger!

I love this show, but the best part of it, has to be roger!!!!!!
  • Better than family guy so I'll give a 7.9 (well 8.0)

Scale:

Spin-off's:0.0

Music:7.1

Theme song:7.0 forgot a bit of it

Episodes:7.9

Overall:8.0|7.9

Notes;See Jakers! The adventures of Piggley winks
  • Roger the Alien is the best thing to happen to tv since the death of Aaron Spelling

Sure this show is done by Seth Macfarland which means that all of the jokes and plot lines are ripped off of The Simpsons, South Park, or king of the Hill and have already been used in Family Guy and The Cleveland Show, but Roger is the funniest thing I have seen on television since Mr. Burns' heyday. The episode where he became a cop alone was enough to make me tune in for every other episode.
  • always a lift

Super funny, and brightens up the dull evenings.

THE GREATEST ONLINE COMPETITION, WIN $100,000 IN PRIZES, to win, simply visit: Watch a movie, win a prize, simple. IN SUPPORT OF INDEPENDENT FILM. 3022/9127

• still a good show

yup i said it
  • While not anything Legendary it is still a good show! (The only good show on FOX nowadays)

Fox has been going downhill over the years ever since they got rid of Futurama in 2003. Family Guy did come back in 2005 but with only one good Season. After Season 4 of Family Guy it was on a spiraling course into disaster! American Dad also started at around 2005 and was okay. though as Family Guy got worse and worse, American Dad got better and better. but in 2009, That is where True Hell had begun for King of the Hill, the best show on FOX at that time was cancelled for the absolute worst Show in history, not only on FOX but on the face of the entire planet itself. And that show is .... The Cleveland Show! It's so bad it makes me cringe just saying it. And here we are in 2012 with Family Guy still on a terrible road, The Cleveland Show being the worst show on Earth, The Simpsons out of it's prime and needs to end, Bob's Burgers a decent show that nobody I know watches and American Dad the Best Show on Fox. Now I hate Seth Mcfarlane just as much as the next guy, but he did make something good like Family Guy's earliest Seasons, American Dad and Ted. This show is very good for what it is and is a lot better than Family Guy and the Cleveland show for many reasons, Better Stories, Original Characters, no Cutaway scenes, new Jokes in every episode and good morals at the end of most episodes. Now I know that American Dad does have some Toilet humor which is the lowest form of humor out there, But I stomach it okay and it is at least not overused like Family and The Cleveland show. I also know that in the later seasons of American Dad there are some very disturbing and disgusting imagery such as a stray cat giving birth to kittens and actually showing the kittens coming out of the mother, (shown in "Less Money, Mo' Problems") and in one of their newest episodes you see live bees flying inside Steve's open wound and stinging him from the inside, What do I have to say about those Disturbing Jokes in some of their episodes... I freaking love them. not only are they taking risks like South Park, but they are also showing these scenes uncensored on . And I respect a show that takes risks! My favorite Character is probably Roger and my least favorite is that koala; I don't hate him I just don't see the point in using him and he is not really that funny to me anyway. As I said before I like American Dad, it's a good show but does have some flaws, sometimes I think the characters are a little to violent and the Toilet Humor shown is never interesting in my taste. Is it the Best Show on Fox nowadays... yes. Is it a Legend... no, but it is a show that everyone should check out. And personally I like it for what it is. I hope it lasts till season 15 or so. And then a movie be made out of it. I like this Show and I recommend it for people looking for disturbing Imagery and Violence in Nature. 7.5 / 10 (Good) :)
  • GREATEST SHOW ON TV!!

For my very first review, I'm gonna talk about my favorite show, AMERICAN DAD!! I would definitely recommend this to fellow Seth McFarlane fans. This show is getting better every year! This season is so far my favorite of the entire show! Love, A.D. Style was the best episode ever! I wouldn't recommend a lot of the old episodes, except for Bush Comes To Dinner. Watch This Show And Watch It A lot!
  • American Dad!

Possibly the best show on FOX. Defiantly better than Family Guy and The Cleveland Show.
  • Just 4 words Better Than Family Guy! This show is better than the Simpsons,and best on animated FOX!

American Dad Is Seth Macfarlane's Best Show! This Show Kicks Family Guy,The Cleveland Show,and the simpsons A**! This Show is About CIA operative Stan Smith who is not really good at his job!And also faces alot family problems,and their children are funny and f***** up alot in their lives! Here is My Review:

Plot/Storyline-10 Finally a Seth Macfarlane Show That Is not all made up of random jokes and actually have a plot!

Humor- 10 Just one word Hilarious

Romance- 10 ALOT of romantic parts of this Show

Total- 10 I Recommend This For family Guy Haters And Family Guy Lovers.Either Way You Will Love This Show!
  • Prefer American Dad to Family Guy

I love Family Guy still, but American Dad just wins it for me. The comedy is a lot more consistent and the range of characters is far superior. I like how they have 'fleshed out' a few additional characters over the last year or so...such as the legendary Principal Lewis. That guy is my all time favorite! He is undoubtedly, a BOSS! I want them to make hi a much more regular character. Here's to hoping :)
  • Why can't Seth make his shows like this?

Family Guy was once funny but now it's not interesting anymore and not as funny. The Cleveland Show was a total bomb that should never have been made and needs to be canceled. But there is one last show by Seth that is still very good, American Dad. American Dad was Seth's second show after Family Guy, and at first, I have to admit, the show wasn't that good. The first season gave me some great humor, but most of it didn't make me really laugh. I guess this was back when Family Guy didn't suck and that I was used to the humor Seth gave us in that show and was expecting the same in American Dad. As the show went on though, it actually got funnier and it is now one of my favorite TV shows. The humor does not revolve around cutaway gags like in Family Guy, but instead on satires of pop culture that is very funny. There is also the usual talking animal, Klaus, in American Dad, but we actually learn why Klaus can talk, and I think that is good to have an explanation as to why he can talk, not a, "oh, he can talk so just accept it." There is also one thing that American Dad has topped over Family Guy, it doesn't rely on the same jokes again and again. American Dad is given new humor in each episode, which makes me wonder why Seth can't do that in his other shows. The episodes themselves are original and are fun to watch. All the characters are lovable and each bring in their own uniqueness of humor to the show that makes it more watchable. American Dad started out pretty poor in the first season got better as the seasons went on, and is now an excellent TV show. The humor is unique, the characters are great, the episodes are fun to watch, and it doesn't rely on the same jokes again and again. This is really Seth's last good show and hopefully, Seth will not ruin this show at all for everyone who enjoys it.
  • I also have an idea for an episode.Call it "Savory Avery"

Bullock quits the C.I.A and then becomes a cook,stan tries to get his job back by beating Bullock in disguise.Steve,Roger,and Jeff try to rob a bank for Hayley's college money.Bullock then gets beat by stan and joins the cia once again and roger runs off with hayleys 6,000 dollars of money.
  • This is so much better than Family Guy, why can't people see that?

Seth Macfarlane's Family Guy gave us constant laughs throughout the year. However, did you ever come to realize that Family Guy uses 2-year old humor to appeal its demographic? Plis, I don't know about you, but Family Guy is so nasty at times it kind of gets hard to watch. I'm not saying it's a bad show, it's really great. In 2005 though, Seth Macfarlane created another show, American Dad! And with that, I instantly found myself leaving his first show, and getting interested in this new one. American Dad! is absolutely brilliant, it finds a way to be just like Family Guy but show heartwarming elements that appeal to a whole different demographic. And whether you see it or not, American Dad! IS funnier that Family Guy, you have to know the world to understand its humor though, which is a pretty nice touch. American Dad! uses political humor, rather than Family Guy which uses parodies or american culture and flashbacks to create humor. Plus, Roger (you know, the alien) is absolutely hilarious, he may even be better than Stewie Griffin in my opinion. What happens in this show? Stan Smith screws up his family and needs resolve his problems, usually by learning life lessons. American Dad! Does have some nasty material, and it is racist at times but not as much as Family Guy. This show is so great, it will always be one of my favorite animated comedies behind Futurama.
  • aweosme

swasome...
  • Seth's remaining arsenal.

It's really very good that Seth can still keep this good and standing up. It's a spin-off of family guy.

Plot: Stan Smith, who works at CIA for keeping terrorism away. He loves his job, and his country, but he loves his family more. His family is slightly quirky, his wife was a drug addict before, his daughter, is slightly okay, but still does weird things, and his son... well, is having problems with puberty! And there's that alien named Roger, who was rescued by Stan inside the CIA base, but he has to stay home. Klaus, a smart goldfish who has the hots for Stan's daughter. They all have their own problems and their mishaps. It's great each episodes, each one are funny and changes it's theme and target.

Characters: They are great and have their own good roles, and their agenda is also unique and unusual. They are in complete personality. Voice acting and dialogue is great. The main characters have their own good complete back stories.

Humor: Less mockery and aggressive, more family-related jokes. Actually it's still nice and it can still make anyone laugh.

Art: Just like Family Guy, Family Guy's art style is great, and so is this. So no problems.

Overall: 10. Also, this also makes me question like the others; Why Seth can make this good but the Family Guy can't?
  • I always made fun of this show, and then I watched it

Wow. I love this show. Truly Seth MacFarlane at his best. This show always makes me laugh and is still good unlike FG which is decreasing. I love this. Roger is hilarious and so weird, but in a funny way. It's also funny but rude when they make fun of Klaus. It's a good show and I'm glad it's going to be on for the next 2-3 years. Hopefully, it never goes downhill. Of course some episodes are flat like ones with political humor, but still generally a good show always keeps me laughing.
  • Makes me Laugh

Who am I kidding? I have a soft spot for this show, and since Family Guy started to recycle itself, I turned to AD for the laughter I was missing. I did not feel disappointed. The jokes are funny and add to the plotline, unlike Family Guy's cutaways. There is some real character development here! I'll admit that the first season was lukewarm, but after that the show figured itself out and has thus far not failed to dissapoint.
  • I love this show

This show is often overlooked. I personally love it. The situations are nuts and the characters make for great laughs. There isn't any character that stands out as being bad in my opinion. Overall I enjoy the episodes and hope they keep going. If anything I often prefer American Dad over Family Guy.
  • Why am I watching this?

I have watched a lot of television recently as i just lost my job. picked up on a few good series like breaking bad, the wire and the sopranos but i could not find a good comedy programme. i watched 2 broke girls which was pure trash. Then the cleveland show, a programme so boring that i turned off after 5 minutes. A friend told me to watch American dad, i had seen it before but it had slipped my mind. I dont understand how people can like this crap. there's no actual jokes or subtle irony like the simpsons. No biting satire or parody like south park, just poorly written comedy for an audience already so dumbed down by the likes of family guy. Seth macfarlane should be put in molten lead and dropped down the marianas trench. This is not comedy, its more money in the pocket of a hypocritical loser. get a life.
  • Better then family guy

The characters are so much more advanced in this show and do much more interesting klause for one is moody sometimes and always halarious Francine unlike Lois likes her kids and is a great mom family guy episodes are always the same stewie and Brian do one of the two a crazy science experiment or stewie helps Brian with his love life Peter makes fun of meg and then goes to the clam and Lois and Chris are hardly in the show. American dad is my fav show right now like if u agree!
  • American Dad!

What can I say? There is a lot I could say about this show, a lot of good things about it, and its just great to watch. I love how funny American Dad is and could watch it all the time. All the caracters are funny, but I will have to say Steve is my favorite and is great. Roger is really funny to like him a lot he's a real smart ass, so funny, and cool. I like when Roger is being him self, not trying to be mean, but kinda is and the mom just gets this look on her face like she wants to just beat him up or something is awesome. Haley reminds me of Meg a lot of Family Guy just because the family just acts like shes there, but think what ever about it, except Haley is way cooler than Meg so dont get me rong on that. Stan, ok got to love him to because he is outstanding and goes from being mean, to nice, to he has no idea what to do and is funny in his little CIA way, i just dig it, think its cool, and he's awesome. The mom, yea is much is I watch this show I do forget her name a lot, cant beleave I forgot it once again, but yea what I like about her is she is this strong hearted mom who just trys hard to keep the family close and keep Stan from for geting who he is. I watch this show is much as I use to watch Family Guy, I still watch Family Guy when it is on, but is been mostly American Dad sence I discoverd the show it really gets me laughing harder. Well thanks for everyone who was here to here me out and if you have never seen the show watch it because I bet it will get you laughing.
  • Love it

People often compare this show to Family Guy, even though it was clearly designed as an alternative. This show has great humor which keeps you laughing from start to finish. This is one of those rare shows where every main character pretty much(except Haley) could have an episode based upon them only and it would still be hilarious.I really cant think of too many negatives about this one.
  • It doesn't stand out.

6.8
    The show is OK. I mean, a lot of times it is funny. And the jokes aren't that offensive as in Family Guy. But it doesn't have anything that makes it stand out from other shows in its genre. Family Guy has already been criticized by many as a rip-off of the Simpsons, and this show looks like a rip-off of Family Guy. I don't know what Macfarlane was thinking when he came up with this show. I still enjoy it a lot, but every time I watch it, it reminds me of Family Guy.

There, I reached 100 words limit.
  • A bit better than Family Guy (revisited review)

In my opinion, this show is better than Family Guy. Unlike Family Guy, this show doesn't get very much bad/ UNwatchable episodes. The poorest recently episode was The Worst Stan. I didn't like the pilot very much and as well as few episodes during season 1/2. The characters are pretty much funny, but I'll going with Klaus, Steve, and Roger as the funniest. Klaus often has funny lines whenever he appears. Steve is just funny because nerds are funny. Roger made me laugh most of times, but sometimes get annoying. My favorite recurring characters are Steve's friends, Avery Bullock (Stan's boss), Principal Lewis, and several others. I hate anyone in this show unless he/she gets on my nerves sometimes. The best episodes I had seen this show were 16,00 Candles, Spring Break Up, Roy Rogers McFreely, and a few others. Now, I'm gonna to rank the seasons.

Season 4: Was the best and it has a lot of funny episodes. 10/10

Season 3: This is when the show become more funny. Again, most episodes were very great. 9.5/10

Season 5: Not as good as season 3/4, but still liked it. I just wished FOX didn't temporarily took this show a break. 9/10

Season 6: This is when Principal Lewis is shown often. It has a couple boring episodes, but the season opener was perfect. Overall superb 9/10.

Season 7: So far this season hasn't got a perfect score from me yet. 8.5/10

Season 2: A little improvement of season 1. 8,5/10

Season 1: Started off slow, but then it got a little better. 7.5/10

The show often gets better as it goes on. I was starting to get into this show on 2009, but I didn't watch AD that much until Adult Swim started airing it from Mon-Fri. This show is better (a little bit) than Family Guy since there's a few bad episodes. 10/10
  • Yeah. I like it!

American dad is a animated sitcom created by Seth Macfarlane. When I heard this was coming in 2005, I was annoyed. I didn't want ANOTHER Seth Macfarlane show on TV. But, I tried it anyways. And I have to say, This show has made a turn around of EPIC proportions! This show went from un-funny and stale to flat out AWESOME. It's first season was a bloody joke. I couldn't even watch it. But then it got renewed.l While I thought this the biggest Fox mistake EVER, It actually made Seth put his brain in gear and make something ACTUALLY funny.

My only complaint is they Wear their jokes out. I call that a "Fairly odd parent" Gag. Which means you hear the same gag repeatedly....

The characters include: Stan, Francine, Steve, Haley, And Roger. Plus, Klaus the fish. Stan is the father, And get's a bit too carried away with it! Francine is your average, Crazy, mother. Steve is a nerd, Haley is a freaking hippie, And Roger is an alien. The ideas of the characters seem dull, But trust me, It's not.

Finally: The verdict:

This is a good show, It makes me laugh, Seth seems to NEVER run out of story, And It never gets that Staleish feeling. Overall: 8/10. I rest my case.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10