American Dad!

Sunday 9:30 PM on FOX Premiered Feb 06, 2005 In Season

TVTome_Shadow

American Dad! Fan Reviews (688)

• At least This Show Did Not Tank After Family Guy Did In Season 10-11-12

Family Guy's recent episodes contain flat jokes and burned out comedy.

American Dad! recent episodes are pure comedy.
  • Seth MacFarlane colpisce ancora!

American Dad la mia seconda serie televisiva preferita dopo I Griffin e The Simpsons che mi ha saputo coinvolgere dall'inizio alla fine!
  • Quite enjoyed early on

Many ep (05-14)
  • Top three.

I only have three shows that I watch exclusively, and those are American Dad, Family Guy, and Futurama.

NO, American Dad is NOT a knockoff of Family Guy. They are two different shows with extremely different plot points and different jokes.

American Dad is amazing, and should never be canceled. It could end, but I don't see that happening. I love it, and several new episodes could be created, if they put their minds to it.

I love it.

10/10.
  • What's to review, when are the next episodes on??

I'm having cartoon withdrawal symptoms - where's tne info about any upcoming episodes, and more importantly when are the next episodes of Am Dad, Simpsons & Fam Guy airing??? The Simpsons page says the next episode will not be on until the fourth of MAY!!!?! This page and FG's page give no info re upcoming episodes AT ALL either - they haven't had any info for weeks! What's going on, has Hollywood flooded or something???... Anyone??
  • stan smith has made america look fantastic for the world

people may know that american dad may be seth macfarlane's best show, but the smiths will always live in langley falls on 43 cherry street. the episodes were well written, and makes the plot stable into the underworld of the animation history. my favorite characters are francine smith, and akiko yoshida.

besides that, roger smith can disguise as anyone such as bill gates (although the bill gates disguise is nowhere to be found in any episode, just a sample of his disguises).

i can imagine what the american dad spin off would be like in the future.. if 2018 was here, and all of the planets align, an american dad spin off would be officially announced.

i wanted to thank seth macfarlane and his "american" work of this great although the show has criticisms similar to other of his tv shows on fox animation.
  • Stan really knows how to wake up America!

Another funny show by Seth McFarlane! It's quite swell!
  • BEST SHOW

AMERICAN DAD HAS BEEN CANCELED FROM FOX THIS IS THIER LAST SEASON , BUT THEIRS GOOD NEWS TBS IS CONTINUING IT
  • Seth MacFarlane's best show now

In my opnion, American Dad is a great show and I think this show the best Animation Domination show on FOX. This show didn't start out good but It got better after season 3. It's my second favorite adult cartoon now. The first is still Futurama. In my opinion, first three seasons of Family Guy are still better than American Dad but later American Dad got better than Family Guy and Family Guy went downhill but I still like Family Guy too. In my opinion, American Dad has less bad episodes than Family Guy. I think this show is orijinal, funny and very enjoyable. It's also action packed sometimes. I also like all seasons except season 7 (2011-2012 season) because in my opinion there were some mediocre episodes in this season but after season 8, American Dad improved a little. I like all main characters in this show. Roger is my favoirte character because he is so hilarious. Even though he is unlikeable sometimes like in "Ricky Spanish", "Love AD Style" and "Naked to the Limit, One More Time", I still like him. Klaus is my second favorite character but I still think Roger is better. My favorite episodes are "Black History Month", "1600 Candles", "May the Best Stan Win", "Merlot Down Dirty Shame", "100 AD "Wheels & The Legman and The Case of Grandpa's Key" and "Lost in Space". I wish FOX didn't cancel this Show but at least there will be one season before this show ends on FOX and new episodes will start air on TBS. I can't wait to see the next season. I watched the trailer of next season and It looks great. I hope this Show doesn't go downhill like Family Guy did. 10/10
  • A lot better than Family Guy

Family Guy is ok but American Dad is a lot better. The writing is outstanding and the characters are very likable and funny. The animation is also top notch and the comedy is more consistent

10/10- I recommend this to Family Guy lovers and fans who felt the show went downhill. American dad is easily my favorite animated comedy. You should definitely check it out
  • Awesome Show

This show is awesome, MUCH better than that old Family Guy!
  • create a full song i will totally buy it

man you guys really need to make a full song of DADDYS GONE 61CzWdIDcE that shit is awsome and it is really powerful if you guys sell this song on itunes you guys would be making loads of money off of it #GREAT SONG
  • Fuzzy Door's Finest

American Dad is a fantastic show, telling the story of an American family, facing day to day struggles ending in elaborate yet hilarious stories. Each of the characters in the Smith family can hold down an episode of their own, while keeping a viewer entertained and laughing the whole way through.

Similar to sister shows Family Guy, and The Cleveland Show, it is unlikely that the show would do this well, however, it is widely debated that this show is the best produced by Fuzzy Door.

I have not seen an episode of American Dad that I didn't like (and I've seen them If you are in for a few laughs, an intriguing story, or something to watch with friends, you should definitely check out American Dad.
  • GOOD MORNING USA!

This show makes me proud to be an American. I find it funny from start to finish. I laugh more when I watch Family Guy but this show has more of a story. Something about this show makes me want to join the cia or at least look for drunk costumed big wig aliens haha. Good Morning USA!
  • hi-lar-ious

Not a "spinoff", just another brilliant Macfarland work. comparing AD to FG is a moot point.

and ROGER?!! harmonica blown, followed by "noooooooooo!!!" alcoholic alien who lives to assume other lives? sophisticated, charming, rude----Macfarland's worlds are comic genius AND draw devotees in :)
  • Roger the Alien is the best thing to happen to tv since the death of Aaron Spelling

Sure this show is done by Seth Macfarland which means that all of the jokes and plot lines are ripped off of The Simpsons, South Park, or king of the Hill and have already been used in Family Guy and The Cleveland Show, but Roger is the funniest thing I have seen on television since Mr. Burns' heyday. The episode where he became a cop alone was enough to make me tune in for every other episode.
  • GREATEST SHOW ON TV!!

For my very first review, I'm gonna talk about my favorite show, AMERICAN DAD!! I would definitely recommend this to fellow Seth McFarlane fans. This show is getting better every year! This season is so far my favorite of the entire show! Love, A.D. Style was the best episode ever! I wouldn't recommend a lot of the old episodes, except for Bush Comes To Dinner. Watch This Show And Watch It A lot!
  • American Dad!

Possibly the best show on FOX. Defiantly better than Family Guy and The Cleveland Show.
  • Just 4 words Better Than Family Guy! This show is better than the Simpsons,and best on animated FOX!

American Dad Is Seth Macfarlane's Best Show! This Show Kicks Family Guy,The Cleveland Show,and the simpsons A**! This Show is About CIA operative Stan Smith who is not really good at his job!And also faces alot family problems,and their children are funny and f***** up alot in their lives! Here is My Review:

Plot/Storyline-10 Finally a Seth Macfarlane Show That Is not all made up of random jokes and actually have a plot!

Humor- 10 Just one word Hilarious

Romance- 10 ALOT of romantic parts of this Show

Total- 10 I Recommend This For family Guy Haters And Family Guy Lovers.Either Way You Will Love This Show!
  • Why can't Seth make his shows like this?

Family Guy was once funny but now it's not interesting anymore and not as funny. The Cleveland Show was a total bomb that should never have been made and needs to be canceled. But there is one last show by Seth that is still very good, American Dad. American Dad was Seth's second show after Family Guy, and at first, I have to admit, the show wasn't that good. The first season gave me some great humor, but most of it didn't make me really laugh. I guess this was back when Family Guy didn't suck and that I was used to the humor Seth gave us in that show and was expecting the same in American Dad. As the show went on though, it actually got funnier and it is now one of my favorite TV shows. The humor does not revolve around cutaway gags like in Family Guy, but instead on satires of pop culture that is very funny. There is also the usual talking animal, Klaus, in American Dad, but we actually learn why Klaus can talk, and I think that is good to have an explanation as to why he can talk, not a, "oh, he can talk so just accept it." There is also one thing that American Dad has topped over Family Guy, it doesn't rely on the same jokes again and again. American Dad is given new humor in each episode, which makes me wonder why Seth can't do that in his other shows. The episodes themselves are original and are fun to watch. All the characters are lovable and each bring in their own uniqueness of humor to the show that makes it more watchable. American Dad started out pretty poor in the first season got better as the seasons went on, and is now an excellent TV show. The humor is unique, the characters are great, the episodes are fun to watch, and it doesn't rely on the same jokes again and again. This is really Seth's last good show and hopefully, Seth will not ruin this show at all for everyone who enjoys it.
  • I also have an idea for an episode.Call it "Savory Avery"

Bullock quits the C.I.A and then becomes a cook,stan tries to get his job back by beating Bullock in disguise.Steve,Roger,and Jeff try to rob a bank for Hayley's college money.Bullock then gets beat by stan and joins the cia once again and roger runs off with hayleys 6,000 dollars of money.
  • This is so much better than Family Guy, why can't people see that?

Seth Macfarlane's Family Guy gave us constant laughs throughout the year. However, did you ever come to realize that Family Guy uses 2-year old humor to appeal its demographic? Plis, I don't know about you, but Family Guy is so nasty at times it kind of gets hard to watch. I'm not saying it's a bad show, it's really great. In 2005 though, Seth Macfarlane created another show, American Dad! And with that, I instantly found myself leaving his first show, and getting interested in this new one. American Dad! is absolutely brilliant, it finds a way to be just like Family Guy but show heartwarming elements that appeal to a whole different demographic. And whether you see it or not, American Dad! IS funnier that Family Guy, you have to know the world to understand its humor though, which is a pretty nice touch. American Dad! uses political humor, rather than Family Guy which uses parodies or american culture and flashbacks to create humor. Plus, Roger (you know, the alien) is absolutely hilarious, he may even be better than Stewie Griffin in my opinion. What happens in this show? Stan Smith screws up his family and needs resolve his problems, usually by learning life lessons. American Dad! Does have some nasty material, and it is racist at times but not as much as Family Guy. This show is so great, it will always be one of my favorite animated comedies behind Futurama.
  • aweosme

swasome...
  • Seth's remaining arsenal.

It's really very good that Seth can still keep this good and standing up. It's a spin-off of family guy.

Plot: Stan Smith, who works at CIA for keeping terrorism away. He loves his job, and his country, but he loves his family more. His family is slightly quirky, his wife was a drug addict before, his daughter, is slightly okay, but still does weird things, and his son... well, is having problems with puberty! And there's that alien named Roger, who was rescued by Stan inside the CIA base, but he has to stay home. Klaus, a smart goldfish who has the hots for Stan's daughter. They all have their own problems and their mishaps. It's great each episodes, each one are funny and changes it's theme and target.

Characters: They are great and have their own good roles, and their agenda is also unique and unusual. They are in complete personality. Voice acting and dialogue is great. The main characters have their own good complete back stories.

Humor: Less mockery and aggressive, more family-related jokes. Actually it's still nice and it can still make anyone laugh.

Art: Just like Family Guy, Family Guy's art style is great, and so is this. So no problems.

Overall: 10. Also, this also makes me question like the others; Why Seth can make this good but the Family Guy can't?
  • Better then family guy

The characters are so much more advanced in this show and do much more interesting klause for one is moody sometimes and always halarious Francine unlike Lois likes her kids and is a great mom family guy episodes are always the same stewie and Brian do one of the two a crazy science experiment or stewie helps Brian with his love life Peter makes fun of meg and then goes to the clam and Lois and Chris are hardly in the show. American dad is my fav show right now like if u agree!
  • American Dad!

What can I say? There is a lot I could say about this show, a lot of good things about it, and its just great to watch. I love how funny American Dad is and could watch it all the time. All the caracters are funny, but I will have to say Steve is my favorite and is great. Roger is really funny to like him a lot he's a real smart ass, so funny, and cool. I like when Roger is being him self, not trying to be mean, but kinda is and the mom just gets this look on her face like she wants to just beat him up or something is awesome. Haley reminds me of Meg a lot of Family Guy just because the family just acts like shes there, but think what ever about it, except Haley is way cooler than Meg so dont get me rong on that. Stan, ok got to love him to because he is outstanding and goes from being mean, to nice, to he has no idea what to do and is funny in his little CIA way, i just dig it, think its cool, and he's awesome. The mom, yea is much is I watch this show I do forget her name a lot, cant beleave I forgot it once again, but yea what I like about her is she is this strong hearted mom who just trys hard to keep the family close and keep Stan from for geting who he is. I watch this show is much as I use to watch Family Guy, I still watch Family Guy when it is on, but is been mostly American Dad sence I discoverd the show it really gets me laughing harder. Well thanks for everyone who was here to here me out and if you have never seen the show watch it because I bet it will get you laughing.
  • Love it

People often compare this show to Family Guy, even though it was clearly designed as an alternative. This show has great humor which keeps you laughing from start to finish. This is one of those rare shows where every main character pretty much(except Haley) could have an episode based upon them only and it would still be hilarious.I really cant think of too many negatives about this one.
  • A bit better than Family Guy (revisited review)

In my opinion, this show is better than Family Guy. Unlike Family Guy, this show doesn't get very much bad/ UNwatchable episodes. The poorest recently episode was The Worst Stan. I didn't like the pilot very much and as well as few episodes during season 1/2. The characters are pretty much funny, but I'll going with Klaus, Steve, and Roger as the funniest. Klaus often has funny lines whenever he appears. Steve is just funny because nerds are funny. Roger made me laugh most of times, but sometimes get annoying. My favorite recurring characters are Steve's friends, Avery Bullock (Stan's boss), Principal Lewis, and several others. I hate anyone in this show unless he/she gets on my nerves sometimes. The best episodes I had seen this show were 16,00 Candles, Spring Break Up, Roy Rogers McFreely, and a few others. Now, I'm gonna to rank the seasons.

Season 4: Was the best and it has a lot of funny episodes. 10/10

Season 3: This is when the show become more funny. Again, most episodes were very great. 9.5/10

Season 5: Not as good as season 3/4, but still liked it. I just wished FOX didn't temporarily took this show a break. 9/10

Season 6: This is when Principal Lewis is shown often. It has a couple boring episodes, but the season opener was perfect. Overall superb 9/10.

Season 7: So far this season hasn't got a perfect score from me yet. 8.5/10

Season 2: A little improvement of season 1. 8,5/10

Season 1: Started off slow, but then it got a little better. 7.5/10

The show often gets better as it goes on. I was starting to get into this show on 2009, but I didn't watch AD that much until Adult Swim started airing it from Mon-Fri. This show is better (a little bit) than Family Guy since there's a few bad episodes. 10/10
  • The only Show from Seth I still like.

At least American Dad is still fresh and original. I thought for sure Seth was going to ruin everything with the way Family guy has been and The Cleveland show.. But thankfully there is still one shining gem on fox. I hope it will last a few more seasons before he pulls a family guy and completely butchers the show.
    One thing i always enjoy about this show is Roger the alien. Thats one of the more unique characters on the show and he always has something funny to say. It is usually pretty inappropriate too haha. Bottom line: This is the best of McFarlanes current work and i hope he will tighten things up and not let it go down with the other 2 shows.
  • Funnier than family guy

The greatest show on earth! I love it! Family guy was OK but this. This is down right hilarious. There is NOTHING bad about this show. Everything was perfect! The humor, the animation, the characters. American Dad is truly awesome. I just love Klaus. The talking goldfish. He is HILARIOUS. Awesome show! I hope it's around for a long time! I can't wait to see more shows made by Seth. OMG this is incredible. I am so eager to see more and more new episodes of this incredibly awesome television show! This show is the greatest. I love it SO much.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10